It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT — Russia Announces Deployment of Bombers Over Gulf of Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

It's gotta be their secret underwater base in the Atlantic. It has landing strips on hydraulics. Just kidding. Who knows? We aren't privy to information like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm going with the invisible dreadnought in space and drop ships. Have you seen the new Star Trek uniforms? Dead giveaway. Smart enough not to wear the red at least.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Did we expect them to just take the sanctions...it's a boat load of posturing to change our governments position on sanctions..when the public gets antsy the government will theoretically change it's tune...we will never go to war with Russia or China...we will however continue to deal with computer infiltrations, the release of viruses, espionage and the likes...the world could not sustain a war with two super powers going nuclear.

So we will continue to make weapons we will never use to combat Russia and China just to line the pockets of our crooked politicians..

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

China has always been a major regional power. They're not satisfied with that. Until recently they have been almost strictly a brown water navy. Now they want to be a world power, and a blue water navy. That means carriers, and other advanced ships, which is what they're building.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This doesn't seem right.

From what I read, Russia says they're going to be flying bombers around the Arctic, and want a military presence (not necessarily bombers) in a number of places including the Gulf of Mexico.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Chinese subs are like the rest of their navy, great for regional operations, with a few exceptions, but not so good on long distance missions. Yet another thing they're working on changing as quickly as they can.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
At the end of the video, the woman says that the Pentagon isn't worried about it and Russia's been doing this off and on for years. Love how FOX is carrying Putin's water though in scaring the elderly.

Oy...
edit on 11/12/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackTiger
This doesn't seem right.

From what I read, Russia says they're going to be flying bombers around the Arctic, and want a military presence (not necessarily bombers) in a number of places including the Gulf of Mexico.

No it doesn't seem right. The gulf is Americas front yard. I want to see how they can pull that off. Our founding fathers have been working over Cuba since the get go just for that reason. Too bad teddy botched it so bad.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Maybe this RT will shed a little light on how they plan on running these missions.

Russia to Expand Aviation Patrol to the Gulf...

Russia plans to expand its air patrol missions of long-range aircrafts to cover the Gulf of Mexico, the country’s defense minister, Sergey Shoigu, says.

So long range bombers to the gulf? This seems dumb. They would have to come from the arctic to stay in neutral air space.

The news follows an announcement at the end of October that Russia will be completing a network of radar stations in the Arctic by next year. “The plan involves the building of 13 airfields, one land test range for the Air Forces, 10 radar sites and direction centers,” said Lt. Gen. Mikhail Mizintsev, head of the National Defense Control Center.

Also worthy of note (ie Venezuela)

Shoigu added during the announcement that Russia will continue upgrading its foreign military bases as well.

One last thing of note. Apparently 750 troops is enough for a tripwire. I thought it would have been more like a few thousand. Apparently NATO thinks so too.

On top of the increased military activity, NATO asked the Pentagon a week ago to send more troops to Eastern Europe to counter the perceived Russian threat. There are currently 750 US soldiers in Poland and the Baltic states, which the organization believes is not enough.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

It gives them both navigation training, as well as refueling training. Both will be necessary in the event of a war with just about anyone.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It sounds like a haymaker. Those don't work to well in a well matched fight. Their best bet is subs

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I know how to make a decent borscht, so I'm not terribly worried.

Ha-ha stupid yankee, (sorry it is not personal)
Borstht is Ukranian and this will be the first thing how Russians will find those American Ukranian moles lol

It is not personal attack, I'm just kinda bored and trolling

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I know how to make a decent borscht, so I'm not terribly worried.

Ha-ha stupid yankee, (sorry it is not personal)
Borstht is Ukranian and this will be the first thing how Russians will find those American Ukranian moles lol

It is not personal attack, I'm just kinda bored and trolling

Well... At least we finally have an admission.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I suppose that Russia is basically doing to the US what the US has done to them. There is nothing wrong with Russia patrolling off the coast of the US, granted that they stay in international waters. But speaking from a military perspective, Russia does not possess a naval force capable of sustaining any long-term patrolling mission so far from home where aircraft are concerned. So for this to even be viable they are going to have to have a place to land their aircraft, and I cannot imagine any place other than Cuba. I don't know how Cuba feels about Russia these days to be honest. The bottom line is that this means very little in the overall strategy, and does not play any important role where a future war with Russia is concerned. The only way something like this would be a threat to the US is if A.) Russia is bringing many nuclear explosives over to this area, or B.)Russia starts shipping a lot of materiel and personnel to Cuba. Anything short of that is not going to pose any real threat to the US.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Do you know how hard it is to hide a ship that size? It's not like subs, where you can put them in covered docks or something. You're talking about a ship that displaces 67,500 tons under maximum load, and is 1,000 feet long, and over 230 feet wide at the deck.

It's also like you said in your previous post. Carriers, especially during peace time, are meant to project power. That's why it is all but advertised when the US re-positions it's fleet to meet foreign policy objectives. The carrier itself is not meant to be hidden (just the blueprints to the technology on board).

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
All this probably means is once a week a bomber will take a very long flight which will include probably refuelling and even handovers of crew to ensure everyone gets enough shuteye and for probably a very little expenditure in fuel/wages the Russians will make the US spend probably 10 billion maintaining enough stuff on immediate standby to be able to respond to some craft thats even booked itself in with the US air traffic control 2 weeks ahead and has less firepower than poor old bubba in alabama as probably the crew don't even have pistols so if they need to land on US soil incase of an emergency they're unarmed so if anything happens to them putins got more ammo

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

Still, the question remains, how in the world is Russia keeping air space in the Caribbean? Has to be Venezuela. If not, then they are running bomber refueling runs and that seems impractical. Unless they are sending their one air craft carrier to the Azores.

In addition to Venezuela the Russians have also deployed strategic bombers to Nicaragua during 2013.

Video of the Tu-160 Blackjacks in Nicaragua.

in.rbth.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The "ISIS" threat has ran its course and is old news, now Russia takes the place of "ISIS"? LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
I suppose that Russia is basically doing to the US what the US has done to them. There is nothing wrong with Russia patrolling off the coast of the US, granted that they stay in international waters.

That's the way I see it. The US has maintained bases in Europe, Asia and the Middle East for decades. Patrolling the seas and air space in the eastern half is a routine thing. Welcome to globalization.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
They ALL know it....and have done for some time..............

Former Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev warned on Saturday that the Ukraine crisis had brought the world to “the brink of a new cold war”.

“The world is on the brink of a new cold war. Some say it has already begun,” said the 83-year-old former Kremlin chief in a sombre speech delivered in Berlin at an event to mark the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall this weekend.

The former Soviet Union leader’s remarks were echoed by Roland Dumas, who was French foreign minister 25 years ago. Speaking at the same event, Mr Dumas warned that without respect of one nation for another, “everything could start over again tomorrow. Even everything we used to know and what we called the cold war.”

And Obama's response?...........

“Nations across central and eastern Europe stand tall as proud democracies. Europe is more integrated, more prosperous and more secure. But as Russia’s actions against Ukraine remind us, we have more work to do to fully realise our shared vision of a Europe that is whole, free and at peace.”

More here.......
Cold War

Jane

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join