It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need to see this!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Violater1

Sorry Religion doesn't have the monopoly on being good.
Christmas is not just for Christians you know.
It is about peace and love for all men, (and women, transgender heck just human).

Really?
Really!
The Germans began singing Silent Night and the Brits followed through singing it in English.
What do you thing Silent Night is all about?
Sheesh

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: anonymous1legion

I find it obscene.

Yes, what a great story: in the middle of a war, people stop fighting because of Christmas, play football, share gifts, and then go back to killing each other...inspirational!

Every time is for sharing, not just Christmas.

Well done to the producers of that add though. It sure does tug the heart strings.

Inspiring that two sides stopped and actually co-existed all be it for a short while I do agree its a saddening they went back to fighting after though

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Violater1

Sorry Religion doesn't have the monopoly on being good.
Christmas is not just for Christians you know.
It is about peace and love for all men, (and women, transgender heck just human).

Really?
Really!
The Germans began singing Silent Night and the Brits followed through singing it in English.
What do you thing Silent Night is all about?
Sheesh

It's amazing how many people suddenly start believing in God when they're staring death in the face on a daily basis.

edit on 12/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

In the movie Joyeaux Noel, the german captain is Jewish.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

It seems like mainly the only people who want war are the governments. I think if they went away that people could get along.
Yeah you would have extremists like ISIS and others but they could be weeded out so quickly if everyone else was on the same page.

Something that has made me think is that when I play games online many times I play with people who are different religions, ethnic backgrounds, color, age and hundreds of times I have played with people who (without naming names) are from "those countries" who absolutely HATE America and want nothing more than to kill us and cut us into tiny pieces...guess somebody forgot to tell those people because we get along great and have laughs together.

Now when I play "americankiller666" (fake name) and we get along great does that mean it would be different in person? Sure he may hate me and try to kill me but who knows. I think we could have a couple beers and have some laughs.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonymous1legion
Thanks for the replys so far...
agreed I do not support War of any kind nor the celebration of war but I do support the celebration of humanity and the innocent lives lost...(checked my post and realised i forgot to add remembrance, I support the remembrance of the innocents lost)

Yeah the germans always seem to beat us at footie however we did have em in 66 lol

Oh, I fully support WAR !

If someone is invading your country and killing your people you have a right to defend your people AND your borders.

Going off to every other country in the world to fight monsters and bad guys because they "MIGHT" do something wrong someday or they are governing other people in a way we don't agree with is NOT I repeat NOT a reason to go to war.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

if i remember right....after this the commanders of the units passed down an order that there would be no more of this kind of stuff....its amazing when diplomats and leaders fail to make peace but the common soldier can....

It`s always been that way.....
Soldiers don't start wars....it`s the cowards that start em.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes Sainbury's Christmas was "for sharing", sharing bullets bombs and artillery shells all around.

So, is it a positive that this happened, or is the fact that they were killing one another the next day terrible enough to outweigh the good that was done in the first place? I know they didn't have much choice but for me it seems worse that they'd seen the enemy as normal human beings yet regardless of this continued in killing each other anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this!

Greetings from Germany.

*ETA: Its a damn shame the US and Russia suck at footie!

edit on 12-11-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

It is sad. Back then the majority of people were good honest people.

I doubt you can say the same for the generation we live in. Most are liars, and scum. Well, not everyone, but a lot mroe than there used to be.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

I wouldn't go as far as calling our generation all those things. We are definitely softer and as a result have less character. Civilizations go through those cycles and we are the ones that occupy the space right around the decline.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: iNobody

I wouldn't go as far as calling our generation all those things. We are definitely softer and as a result have less character. Civilizations go through those cycles and we are the ones that occupy the space right around the decline.

Aye, softer, without a doubt. Harder? That too. Softer and harder, haha.

And yes, cycles do repeat, there is nothing that hasn't been before.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Anyone know what the score was and if anyone got sent off.

No.9 Kaiser got sent off

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Anyone know what the score was and if anyone got sent off.

They will have done us on penalties

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It must have been so surreal to have been there on that day and played/watched this game take place.
Ordinary people coming together to celebrate as one. Sod the suits and the 'higher ups' this is our day and we'll be damned if even for one moment in time we could just down weapons and share a moment with our fellow comrades. Powerful stuff. In fact more powerful than all the bombs and bullets. RIP all the brave heroes that gave their lives so that we may live ours.
We will remember them.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Have a war and watch peace break out.
How beautifully human.
War isn't a natural condition for people, only for governments and corporations.
To which I say: if they like it so much let them fight.
The rest of us are staying home like sensible folk.
We're not falling for your lies anymore.

ETA: For those men how hard was it to aim their rifle and pull that trigger after that?
I'd bet it was the hardest thing they ever had to do and they hated themselves for it.
edit on 13-11-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Pretty hard bro. Pretty hard I imagine

The silence spreads. I talk and must talk. So I speak to him and say to him: "Comrade, I did not want to kill you. If you jumped in here again, I would not do it, if you would be sensible too. But you were only an idea to me before, an abstraction that lived in my mind and called forth its appropriate response. It was that abstraction I stabbed. But now, for the first time, I see you are a man like me. I thought of your hand-grenades, of your bayonet, of your rifle; now I see your wife and your face and our fellowship. Forgive me, comrade. We always see it too late. Why do they never tell us that you are poor devils like us, that your mothers are just as anxious as ours, and that we have the same fear of death, and the same dying and the same agony — forgive me, comrade; how could you be my enemy? If we threw away these rifles and this uniform you could be my brother, just like Kat and Albert. Take twenty years of my life, comrade, and stand up — take more, for I do not know what I can even attempt to do with it now."

Paul Bäumer in All Quiet on the Western Front.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

You either go and fight as they tell you or you get shot for treason. No man in his right mind wants to kill people for joy, even professional soldiers.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonlightmile
Remember -Love your country, not your government.

what is a country without government?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What is the definition of a government nowadays? They no longer govern the country, they 'nanny' us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join