It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First contact: Who should represent humanity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Ever see that Farside cartoon of the 3 aliens that landed on Earth and the one falls down the flying saucer steps? I'll try to find it...I bet they are just as concerned haha

bhughey.commons.hwdsb.on.ca...

I think the honey badger should greet them

Tied for the winner with
"Take me to your stove? You IDIOT, give me that book!"
They should have brought at least a couple English/Zaxnaar
dictionaries just to keep it double-blind honest though.

My pick? Stan Friedman, just because they may not speak French.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One black, one brown, one white, drawn by lot, and all female, one in her twenties, one in her forties, and one in her sixties, all with children, in a stable marriage, all on middle incomes, and healthy.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForeverMan

Star and Flagged!

Iggy Pop!

If the aliens survive Iggy Pop, then they will find the rest of us quite charming in comparison!

If Iggy Pop survives aliens,... well what hasn't Iggy Pop survived already???

Failing Iggy showing up ... I put in a vote for the honey badger as well!

o
Or failing that Mr. Osterberg is too booked a Stooges Memorial Tour,
his roomie in Germany for a long while.
Ziggy Stardust is blazingly intelligent, multitalented, diplomatic, and in a
confrontational pinch, remember : he did the best Pontius Pilate EVER.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I think the advanced extraterrestrial race will decide. What makes you think we would be able to choose?

Lets just say for sake of the thread and whats asked in the title that humans can choose who will represent them,

who do you suggest?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Somebody we don't mind letting them keep as a hostage.

I'm sorry to say that eliminates David Bowie.

edit on 12/11/14 by Astyanax because: hot tramp, I love you so.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I would say we have as many politicians, bankers as possible all grouped together for the meeting.

Just in case the meeting isn't a friendly one.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
In all fairness if we did have the choice to choose someone the world leaders would simply just meet and vote among themselves to take the matter into their own hands. It would probably be a combination of military, and world leaders representing a broad myriad of cultural leaders. For example, someone from South and Northern Asia, main land Europe, African, far eastern, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Al Sharpton. He has done such a good job representing a segment of the population with much success, let's promote him to representative for all mankind.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
Barrack Obama, because he has a nobel peace prize, and he can offer them Obamacare which might break the ice.

Or someone that has actually made first contact in a sci-fi film as they have already got the practise in

Just crazy enough to work. The [potentially hostile] aliens will detect no intelligent life on the planet and leave us alone for another couple million years to continue evolving. Little do they realize we are devolving. Ha! Fooled them!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Angelina Jolie.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Reply to MOMof3

Angelina Jolie.

Vetoed.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Jessie Venturas big arms lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Only slaves needs masters, to represent them.

I will be representing myself, what you decide is your choice, but please leave ME out of this one

edit on 12 11 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would go with Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I think he has a positive yet respectful attitude that would represent us humans.

But I would also instruct him to try and push a treaty with the aliens. Give them permission to abduct humans in exchange for technology. And then we give them a list of who's OK to abduct. The list would have Al Sharpton, Tom Cruise, Justin Bieber et al. If they are gunna take people at least take the crummy ones.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

And in addition we start our own genetics program. We clone these undesired people and keep them a some DUMB. Then we threaten to unleash an army of these clones onto their planet if they ever go back on the deal.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

hell yeah..

"we will give you tom cruise and kim kardashian if you give us anti grav tech"

works for me

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Angelina Jolie.

I know one person who would agree with you that Angelina Jolie is one of the most important and influential people on this planet -- and that person is Angelina Jolie.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I would go with Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I think he has a positive yet respectful attitude that would represent us humans.

Well, he is certainly no Carl Sagan (although he tries to be), but he seems to be a genuine enough guy.

But please, not Michio Kaku. He's likely to talk to them like they are a bunch of kindergarten kids.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Little do they know the real agenda of us humans once we make contact is "We take what we want and leave the rest, just like your salad bar. "

I could see it now when the aliens catch on to our little cloning trick and approach us humans about it. They'll all be like:

Aliens: so you want to clone yourselves so "You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave."

Crazy humans: "Indeed!"

Skeptical aliens: "Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?" Draco mother ship lands in the background

Crazy Humans: " Who are these people? Friends of yours, huh? Now this really pisses me off to no end! "

And with that I'll part with this "Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join