It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 11th - Veterans Day / Rememberence Day / Armistice Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Just wanting to make a point here. How is he defiling them if his making a point about the wars? and its true nature look at Libya, Iraq should we celebrate how great the war was there to?

Should we be thankful for the many deaths the bombs it may caused deaths upon the civilians in the current we were at war? and caused the children war traumas upon them?

So before you go criticizing someone for just making a point why dont you look at the reality at what the war does to people?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
War sucks. Death sucks. I lived my life, 21 years worth, killing people. I'm done with it. I could be making 6 figures working in that industry, but, I chose not to. My choice. My life. I am a man of peace.

I will, however, always stand up for vets. We did our time, and we served. Served our country... and did so willingly.

War DOES unite people. We became brothers and sisters. Family. Some of the finest people I have ever known were brothers or sisters in arms. when you understand that, you will be enlightened. Until then?

Choke on a hot dog.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
War sucks. Death sucks. I lived my life, 21 years worth, killing people. I'm done with it. I could be making 6 figures working in that industry, but, I chose not to. My choice. My life. I am a man of peace.

I will, however, always stand up for vets. We did our time, and we served. Served our country... and did so willingly.

War DOES unite people. We became brothers and sisters. Family. Some of the finest people I have ever known were brothers or sisters in arms. when you understand that, you will be enlightened. Until then?

Choke on a hot dog.

For someone who served their country, your doing a fine job representing the mentality of ex-service personal. Clearly unable to sit back and think about the consequences of your actions.

You wore a uniform? Wow, let me give you all of my respect and never question the nature of your job because your clearly superman.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I want to belatedly add my sincere thanks to all who served. I had the honor of having dinner this evening with a WWII vet and a Cold War vet. Neither of them ever killed anybody.
The WWII vet, Jim, had just finished basic training and was on a ship full of combat soldiers about to sail for Japan in July, 1945 when there was a measles outbreak on the ship. They were quarantined and by the time the quarantine was done, the war was over. There was no need for combat soldiers so he spent two years in Tokyo as a driver for military officers during the Occupation.
The Cold War vet was in the USAF Intelligence Service. He learned to speak Russian. His oath prevents him from telling exactly what he did but he did spend what he calls "a year of hell" in Turkey.
For all of you who gave up portions of your life to devote yourself to service of country, my deepest thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Year on year I refuse to be swept up in the nauseating "remembrance" charades the length and breadth of the country.

Those Millions who have died in Military service I see as victims, not heroes. The real heroes are those who refuse to fight, to kill or be killed, to come home broken and mentally or physically maimed for life, all for the profits of men in suits who engineer the wars and profit massively from them.

That is nothing to be celebrated, yet year on year we send them off to kill or be killed again and again, in engineered conflicts that benefit nobody other than the bankers and politicians. Those same politicians who stand there stony faced for the cameras each year, blathering on about what we all owe those who died in the service of their country, care nothing of those coming back alive or dead. They are nothing more than low paid enforcers of greed based policy, to be thrown on the scrapheap. They are good for nothing other than some photo ops when needed, to try and drum up support for the next war.

So, here we are again with another remembrance charade behind us, and what has been learned? Absolutely nothing, as we engage in more rounds of conflict engineering and mass death to satisfy the greed of men.

I see nothing worth celebrating. Serving their country consists of serving the architects of war for profit. There is nothing honourable or heroic in such action, no matter how much spin is put on it.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

War DOES unite people. We became brothers and sisters. Family.

Really if War does Unite a people why you think War is being hated everyday and young people skipping to join the recruiters? whom are desperate looking for.

More souls for the meat grinder? how does war unite the innocent civilian lives that were taken? or even changed have you even thought about at all?

when you understand that, you will be enlightened. Until then?

You dont know me very well, i have being in a war zone, but i have not seen some people loving it as such then McCain and others.

Since you claim that you have being in a war zone you know whats it like right? all the blood, seeing an civilian getting killed by a grenade while having seeing the bloody parts.

DO YOU WANT Me do tell you the Frack i had seen in it? or how proud it was to service? my goodness this whole remembrance day is turning some into war wannabees whom even didn't know what a war is like.

I am a man of peace.

Your comical, how does war bring peace? a solider follows orders and never questions the authority of its superiors no matter the outcome.

Thats the problem with the military standards soldiers arent allowed to question there superiors or the mission. Its always the following " Shoot first ask questions later"

A true man of peace does not bring peace nor order through its bombs or swords across the lands.

Remember that line solider.

edit on 12-11-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Veterans Day in the U.S. was first organized to honor the vets of World War I (hence the date, November 11, when the WWI armistice went into effect at 11:11 a.m.). It then expanded to the vets of WWII, the war to end all wars (or was that number I? One of the World Wars ended all wars....in an alternative universe it actually might have), and the honors and celebrations justifiably overflowed.

The Korean "conflict" came and went, and maybe Americans didn't quite understand what was going on, and then Vietnam threw the population for a loop (as media sent back loops of film which didn't quite jibe with the sanitary image of war that folks had). Then, later, the Gulf wars made many more say "Hey, wait a minute!" and the knowledge that sometimes war went astray (remember Cheney and Rumsfeld and the literal gang saying these would last a few weeks?) joined further with images flashing across the media and the minds of citizens. Children. Broken bodies. That's war too, and we can't deny it.

My dad served his nation in war, was well honored, and goddess bless him for his service. Lots of other people too. Those who bomb children from on-high, or those who feel or felt that 'collateral damage' is a real thing, not so much.

Feast on a tofu dog.
edit on 12-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

You can thank the CIA for Abu Gharaib, torture has never been a US military tactic.
If you want to label someone with war crimes look to our politicians and intelligence agencies, they're a breed apart from the military. The differences are night and day.
War is tragic, nobody knows that more than our vets.

To all our vets:
Thank you for all you have given for our country.
It was through your sacrifices that we enjoy the lives we have today.
For those who study history everyday is veterans day.
And Pop - you did me proud serving in the US Navy.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Some of you keep using the word "celebrate"..you do not have the slightest clue what the day is about.
Bye...I wish there was a middle finger smilie.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Some of you keep using the word "celebrate"..you do not have the slightest clue what the day is about.
Bye...I wish there was a middle finger smilie.

There ya go 凸

Now what should we talk about? The word celebrate and its meaning or?
edit on 12-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join