It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran suicide prevention challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Found this today, on Veteran's Day, please watch and pass it on

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Bump. Good message.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death." --Sun Tzu

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
One of my best friends... a retired USAF MSgt killed himself. It destroyed me. I never want to feel that hurt again. He was supposed to be in my wedding, and was dead 3 days prior. I mourn him everyday, and I am sorry... I never saw the signs.

To all of my military friends out there... be well
and persevere. It gets better after awhile...

A retired MSgt

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I find this all so sad when I think of this ..... from the publication "Silent Weapons for Quiet War"

"The Draft (As military service)

Few efforts of human behavior modification are more remarkable or more effective than that of the socio-military institution known as the draft. A primary purpose of a draft or other such institution is to instill, by intimidation, in the young males of a society the uncritical
conviction that the government is omnipotent. He is soon taught that a prayer is slow to reverse what a bullet can do in an instant. Thus, a man trained in a religious environment for eighteen years of his life can, by this instrument of the government, be broken down, be
purged of his fantasies and delusions in a matter of mere months. Once that conviction is instilled, all else becomes easy to instill.

Even more interesting is the process by which a young man's parents, who purportedly love him, can be induced to send him off to war to his death. Although the scope of this work will not allow this matter to be expanded in full detail, nevertheless, a coarse overview will be
possible and can serve to reveal those factors which must be included in some numerical form in a computer analysis of social and war systems.

We begin with a tentative definition of the draft.

The draft (selective service, etc.) is an institution of compulsory collective sacrifice and slavery, devised by the middle-aged and elderly for the purpose of pressing the young into doing the public dirty work. It further serves to make the youth as guilty as the elders, thus
making criticism of the elders by the youth less likely (Generational Stabilizer). It is marketed and and sold to the public under the label of "patriotic = national" service."

Sad so sad
edit on 12-11-2014 by learnatic because: typo

top topics

join