It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Gotta wonder what this guy's point is.

The brilliant James Carville claims 80% of Democrats don't "get it".

He says Democrats are politically clueless and easily manipulated by puppet masters.

Choice comments.............

Democrat political consultant extraordinaire – and former Bill Clinton campaign manager, has astonishingly come out and said what all good Republicans have known for decades: Not only are most Democrats politically clueless; they’re easily manipulated by the puppet masters of their party as well. Wow. James Freaking Carville. Of all people. Here’s an excerpt, as quoted on Amazon.com:

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don’t have a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn’t have a clue than there were Republicans.

James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless

Hmmm

Election "Guilt" ??

edit on Nov-11-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From my reading of it he's saying this about the Democrat voters not the politicians.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy

Can't say I disagree with that.

The link to the story on republicmainstreet.wordpress.com seems to have disappeared.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So you take something from the customer comments on Amazon and try to pass it off as something factual?

This is beneath even you, xuenchen.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Don't forget this part:

That’s why I’m a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”

Mmmmm, Silage...... (in my Homer Simpson voice)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
HOAX

In October 2012 the above-referenced quotation in which James Carville purportedly likened the Democratic constituency to "a herd of cows" received wide circulation on the Internet. It appears to have originated with an unsourced posting to the ThinkExist.com which has been reproduced on a number of other web sites. However, we found no news article, speech, interview transcript, or printed source documenting this statement as one actually made by James Carville, and a representative from his office confirmed that the purported quote was not something Carville himself ever said:
Apparently the quote was falsely posted by an unknown user to a quotations website called thinkexist.com. We have contacted the website and asked them to take the quote down. James Carville never said these words, and this quote in no way belongs to James Carville.

Feel free to distribute my response, so people know the truth that this quote was 100% falsely attributed to James Carville.

Read more at www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Very good !!!

It must be a different James Carville !!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Very good !!!

Yeah, it's actually the Republican James Carville who said it, and he actually said it about conservatives.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: xuenchen

Very good !!!

Yeah, it's actually the Republican James Carville who said it, and he actually said it about conservatives.

Very possible indeed.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have to agree with Carville. I know of several people who always just vote a straight Democrat ticket. They don't care or know who is running, they just vote the straight ticket. This would help explain why the Democrats couldn't pass anything when they had control of both houses of Congress. Nobody wanted to highlight themselves to their votors and make them pay attention at the next election.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is such a funny thread.

Imagine, A quote about how easily duped and misled Democrats are.. posted by someone who desperately wants to discredit Democrats so much that posting misleading hoaxes isn't off limits.
edit on 11-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don`t believe most voters are as stupid and lazy as Mr. Carville thinks they are.

yes, there are some voters who just blindly follow their party, but I believe that most voters know that we are being lied to by the politicians.
even though we know we are being lied to we also know that there is little we can do about it.
History has proven time and again that politicians will do what they want even when majority of voters are against it.

no, Mr. Carville most voters are not stupid, lazy and easily manipulated.We know that politicians distort the truth, withhold the truth and flat out lie to us to get what they want,but just like you we also know that their is little that we can do about it.

Dishonest corrupt politicians doesn`t mean the voters are stupid, lazy and easily manipulated it just means that self serving dictators can do whatever they like regardless of what the voters want.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

What's even funnier is that people are going to keep responding to this thread because it reenforced their confirmation bias about Democrats or Carville.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is an old hoax from 2012.

Why is this being drudged back up?

Better question, why does the Right have to keep making stuff up to try to belittle the left?

Besides, everyone knows that if there is any group in the realm of politics that is easily brainwashed and "herded", it's the Republicans.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Is this maybe why the Republicans won here recently, in the house?

new topics

top topics

join