It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired Of The Propaganda - "Support The Troops"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

No, you didn't. But the media tells me all the time that I should support people who are doing something I find morally reprehensible.

I do the job most people find morally reprehensible. But for the sake of argument, lets say one day there is a mortal threat on our shores. My job wouldn't be any less reprehensible. But I'll bet you'll be glad I'm doing it.

I also never asked you to go and do what you do. You bitch just as much as the rest of us about what is going down in this country(I've seen your posts, just because I don't post all the time doesn't mean I don't know what's going on around ATS) which is totally corrupt, city, state and federal yet you are fighting to preserve the elites hold on the status quo.

I do no such thing. Corruption is as repugnant to me as it is to you. But service to my nation is not.

Just wait until you come home and see what you were fighting those infidels for.

We're the infidels. If they had their way, regardless of how you view their side, they'd kill you just to watch you bleed.

Been home for several months now, and all I see is the same people complaining about the same stuff and never doing anything about it.

Gotta wonder if you even voted? When was the last time you showed up to a city council meeting? When was the last time you really got involved in your community?

Next you'll ask why I'm not storming the White House guns blazing? Effecting your idea of change at the barrel of my gun, on your behalf?

Simple, I don't feel the need to carry your weight too.
edit on pTue, 11 Nov 2014 07:20:16 -0600201411America/Chicago2014-11-11T07:20:16-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
the last vets I have any sort of support for were from Vietnam ...

How sad. But whatever. You have a right to be anyway you wish thanks to veterans whom you have stated that you have no respect for. (Oh the irony.) Me .. a cold war Veteran ... says 'you are welcome' even though you don't understand enough to say 'thank you'. If it weren't for the shear numbers of people entering the military and our military defenses, there would be no America that you enjoy today. Security through strength. Be it at peace or at war, the military keeps you free. Happy Veterans Day.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/11/2014 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Temper tantrum? So my opinion is worth nothing as you are totally right in all things. Just because you put on a uniform doesn't mean squat.

My country would rather imprison me for smoking pot, or because I tried to show the American people the law(Aaron Swartz) or any number of things, the pigs are out of control and no one does squat about it(police state), our lawmakers are as corrupt as can be, our corporations rule the land(fascism) and I'm supposed to support the people who are fighting to keep this machine running?

Don't give me any emotional crap, do NOT try and guilt me into your way of thinking as I try, to the best of my puny human brains limits, to use logic. I think I have expressed myself using logic and not emotion. Give me facts on why I NEED to support the troops. Please, I'd love to read that. Change my mind with facts, not some emotional propaganda.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Happy Veterans Day...

Ditto. Happy Veteran's day to ally my fellow vets out there. We do what we do so that those who didn't can say or do what they want.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Thank you for exercising your rights that I've helped protect for the last 17 years.

I think that comment is the epitome of the topic. You THINK you were fighting for rights, but you would have to be pretty ignorant to actually believe that. If you did fight it was for the profit of global movers and shakers that don't give a damn about you or your rights. Your country went into debt to pay you to do nothing productive. You spent and did not contribute to GDP. You helped murder over a million people in the last 10 years that did NOTHING to your country or your rights.

Good job OP, it takes balls to go up against the "support the troops" racket. Supporting them makes us party to their crimes. And if they are too stupid to not believe they are committing crimes, because they "did it for their country" then they can live with their own demons. I'm not going to help them feel any better about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

a reply to: HomerinNC

Temper tantrum? So my opinion is worth nothing as you are totally right in all things. Just because you put on a uniform doesn't mean squat.

My country would rather imprison me for smoking pot, or because I tried to show the American people the law(Aaron Swartz) or any number of things, the pigs are out of control and no one does squat about it(police state), our lawmakers are as corrupt as can be, our corporations rule the land(fascism) and I'm supposed to support the people who are fighting to keep this machine running?

Don't give me any emotional crap, do NOT try and guilt me into your way of thinking as I try, to the best of my puny human brains limits, to use logic. I think I have expressed myself using logic and not emotion. Give me facts on why I NEED to support the troops. Please, I'd love to read that. Change my mind with facts, not some emotional propaganda.

Shrug. The very fact that you typed that out and we read it and none of us experienced the dreaded "knock on the door" contradicts your premise.

Do we have our problems? Certainly.
Is government too big and interferes in too many people's lives? Absolutely.
Does the US get involved in things it shouldn't? Without a doubt.

Are we a fascist state? Not hardly.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Funny, I thought the reason I had freedom of expression is because of the constitution. Sure didn't come because we are fighting those evildoers in the ME.

Cold war veteran, oh my Gods, could you post some more so I could have more laughs?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Funny, I thought the reason I had freedom of expression is because of the constitution.

And the United States Army.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Happy Veterans Day...

Ditto. Happy Veteran's day to ally my fellow vets out there. We do what we do so that those who didn't can say or do what they want.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

My respect to all those that died before we were given the knowledge to know better. Remembrance day should be about remembering how our fathers and grandfathers were tricked into giving up their lives for lies that profited wealthy and powerful.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We're the infidels

You said it all right there. Nothing I could say will prove my point any more than that.

link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Please explain to me, with examples, of how they are fighting for my right to free speech in Iraq and Afghanistan?

My post was only one sentence...

I for one am thankful that there are troops readily available to fight for your right to express that opinion if the need ever arises.

Please explain to me where I said they were currently fighting for your right to free speech in Iraq and Afghanistan and we'll go from there.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Funny, I thought the reason I had freedom of expression is because of the constitution.

They have lost every conflict they have been in for the last 50 years.

Freedom comes easy, I guess.

link   

When I finished high school in 1989, I went to college. My best friend went to basic training. Two years later he was in a desert. I was still in college.
Please tell me why he doesn't deserve the respect that I know he earned.

link   

a reply to: projectvxn

We're the infidels

You said it all right there. Nothing I could say will prove my point any more than that.

I don't see how. You have no idea what is actually out there, beyond your ESPN and the crap you read on the internet.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

And the only reason that we still have that Constitution and that America hasn't been overrun is because we have a strong military force in both times of peace and war. MANY countries and entities would love to take over this country and our resources. We are the breadbasket of the world. If they thought they could just walking and take it, they would. You can thank a veteran ... Cold War, peace time; war time, whatever ... for your Constitution holding.

edit on 11/11/2014 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

My respect to all those that died before we were given the knowledge to know better. Remembrance day should be about remembering how our fathers and grandfathers were tricked into giving up their lives for lies that profited wealthy and powerful.

In just a few words you have summed up what I was trying to say. Thanks for that a you have a better way of saying things than I do.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Right, so let's hope our troops get killed then yeah? As an ex soldier myself, this is one of those sayings that irk me beyond belief. I served believing I was doing the right thing. That I was fighting for America, and to help those in need.

Operative word here: believing. Given what I know now, and my beliefs, I'd never do it over again despite not regretting my time spent with the U.S. military. Not everyone is awake, not everyone sees the world as we on ATS do. That includes our brothers and sisters in arms. They too are doing what they perceive to be the right thing to do. And who in their right mind can blame someone for doing what they believe is the right thing?

And that's why I will continue to support our troops. I may not support the war, but my brothers will always have my support. We can only hope more people wake up and see the reality of things before they decide to sign up for duty.

The crap going on today isn't the fault of the troops, it's the idiots we supposedly vote into office. People like Obama, Bush, Clinton, and everyone else. They're all bloodthirsty and could give a rats s*** less about our soldiers. And that's why it's more important than ever to support our troops.

I'm going to end this here despite the fact that I have more things to say. I don't feel like getting banned today.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: projectvxn

They have lost every conflict they have been in for the last 50 years.

Freedom comes easy, I guess.

How so?

Just because politicians tie the hands of the Army and make political decisions in war doesn't mean we lost. The problem with modern day political thinking, and the Hollywood view of war is that people think there's a nice way to go and kill people. There isn't. And when it isn't palatable, politicians run away from it.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not bitching about a one sentence reply but it was vague so I assumed. I still stand by what I said, however. By being vague you set yourself up so maybe in the future, especially in such a sensitive topic such as this you might want to express yourself a little better.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Where did I say they should be killed?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join