It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To my fellow veterans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Veteran's Day is a time when all of us who have served can wear our colors and be proud of what we were, no matter where or when we were in or what our job was. Each of us were a part of a whole and were important. The best of all is that we are a part of a select group of people...we are veterans!

And, for those in the tomb of the unknowns, thank you for the historical significance you've made. We will celebrate and honor unknown veterans of all wars for their patriotism, love of nation and sacrifice you and your families have made for the common good of your nation.

To my fellow veterans, no matter what flag you served under, I salute you.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
HOOAH brother

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Thank you and Hope you have an amazing day....

My time and treatment in California when released was that we were worse than walked in dog mess.... Part of the reason I have lived away from the US for 31 years....

I hope my fellow brothers and sisters from my era can shake this feeling. I rather not describe it any further..... Sunday I went to where my local (UK) have their remembrance Sunday at sunset after the fact to look at the poppies left behind and I felt no kinmenship. Not a word but exactly how I felt. hmmm the times, I feel "home", is when I go to a VA hospital when visiting the States. I spend the best part of the day in a VA Hospital not to see anyone medically but to talk and be with those who I understand.....

Sorry this is really not about me but my era of Vets.... If you know a VN era vet give him/her a hug.... They need it.... IMHO

SnF and thank you for your post.....
edit on 11/11/2014 by IceHappy because: Spelling Grammar You pick it I got it wrong but if I see it I need to try n fix it....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Happy Veterans Day to you too ! ...so true what you wrote, star and flag for you!..... Freedom is not free and many have sacrificed their lives and limbs so that I can walk freely down the street, go to school, drive a car, and vote. Thank you to all the vets .

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
" Freedom is light for which many men have died in darkness for"

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

On Veterans Day, I get a thank you from my father (a Vietnam Vet) and I go on Facebook and get together with all the folks that I've served with that still stay in touch, and we post embarrassing pictures of each other.

Cheers to all that have served.

You have earned my respect.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
OOOH RAHHH and Semper Fi to all!!

I served in the Marine Corps 1995-2004. ERRRR

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I must say that only a few friends and family members ever thank me for my service, or any veteran for that matter....

It just feels good to hear sometimes. I volunteered then and I'd volunteer today all over again.

Some of us have made the ultimate sacrifice- our very lives- s for the freedom that a lot of un-patriotic Americans enjoy.

Freedom is not FREE. It must be fought for and mainttained.

Oooh rahh

edit on 11-11-2014 by StarGazer77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thanks to all my fellow soldiers still here and now or there and gone.

I couldn't say it any better than the OP just did.

Respect to anyone who has served

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Veteran's Day is a time when all of us who have served can wear our colors and be proud of what we were, no matter where or when we were in or what our job was. Each of us were a part of a whole and were important. The best of all is that we are a part of a select group of people...we are veterans!

And, for those in the tomb of the unknowns, thank you for the historical significance you've made. We will celebrate and honor unknown veterans of all wars for their patriotism, love of nation and sacrifice you and your families have made for the common good of your nation.

To my fellow veterans, no matter what flag you served under, I salute you.
snf battle buddy! may your lord rest your spirit. and may your offspring flourish! I salute you all. All gave some......SOME GAVE ALL!!!!!!!!!! POWMIA Good luck and GODSPEED Brothers.........you may be lost but you are never fotgotten!!!!!!!!!

13 E CANNON FIRE DIRECTION CONTROL SPECIALST

STEEL RAIN

DONT RUN YOU WILL ONLY DIE TIRED

ONE SHOT MANY KILLS

THE GUN LINE GETS LAID EVERY MORNING IN THE FIELD

And above all

WE ARTILLERY MEN DO IT WITH A BIGGER BANG

edit on 2014bTuesdayv11201411 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Marine here semper Fi and happy birthday Marines, to my other brothers in arms happy Veterans Day!

top topics

join