It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin charms onto Xi Jingpings wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I had to have a laugh,
Turns out at the G20 Putin played the chivalry card.

China's leader Xi Jingpings wife was obviously a little cold, so Putin, the man that he is stood up and put his coat around the young lady

Russia's tiger-shooting, horseback-riding president made his move. After a brief exchange - you can almost imagine Peng making appropriately cliché small-talk like "my, isn't it chilly in here" - Putin abruptly stood up, grasped a tan coat in both hands, and wrapped it chivalrously around the first lady's shoulders. She smiled gracefully, thanked him, and sat down - only to surreptitiously slip the coat from her shoulders moments later into the waiting arms of an attendant.

- it was caught on camera!

State broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) caught the whole encounter on video. Peng and Putin cut small figures from the camera's distant perch across the vast Water Cube, but the CCTV commentator had no trouble making out their identities. She remarked upon Putin's chivalrous gesture just moments later, saying, "Putin has just placed his coat around Peng Liyuan's body." Major Chinese news outlets including web giant Sina and Phoenix Media quickly posted the video, which also began circulating on Chinese social media. The encounter even spawned a short-lived hashtag "Putin Gives Peng Liyuan His Coat" on Weibo, China's Twitter-like micro blogging site.

I guess China wasn't happy at the thought its Northern Neighbor might be a bit too cozy,

But that was when the censors kicked in. Within hours of posting the video, Chinese news sites had already pulled it off their sites, and censors scrubbed it from social media sites.

www.smh.com.au...

Gotta give it to Putin, he doesn't shy away from anything.. up to and including making a move on a nuclear powered nations leaders wife!

edit on pm958308102014-11-10T21:58:38-06:00092014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

lol at the Obama this calls for a caption.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I liked the video with everyone dressed in StarTrek attire

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

He is leaning over talking to someone, what is so funny or odd about that?

And they say chivalry is dead!
Classic move though, until they steal the jacket or what ever you lend them

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The guy doesn`t seem to know when to stop, now even annexing Chinese women.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
All he did was offer his coat to someone that was cold, jeez, you lot make such a big deal over nothing. It does not mean he wants to get his leg over her.
Grow up a bit for gods sake.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
All he did was offer his coat to someone that was cold, jeez, you lot make such a big deal over nothing. It does not mean he wants to get his leg over her.
Grow up a bit for gods sake.

calm down mate, i said from the beginning i had a laugh and its not ''us'' that's worked up about it.

Its the Chinese government to the point they removed all movies from their internet/TV's showing this little act of friendliness

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

That's not his coat if that's even a coat she's wrapped in. Putin's wearing a jacket and not touching her but the look on his face is quite funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
You have got to give it Vladimir on this one. He has shown the world that he is a man of action. Women adore him, men fear him, or want to be him, and I can identify with him. Vladimir Putin may actually be, "The most interesting man in world."
This is not a man to trifle with. He doesn't tremble in fear at the political correctness of offering his coat to a lady. I would think Mr Putin is a good leader for his people, and he don't give a damn what anyone else thinks. What Russian could ask more. He reminds me a lot of a younger Ronald Reagan.

America, we should observe and learn. Look at what we have stooped to. In the absence of true leadership the people will follow anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Mate that is Gold !

Quick off the mark. Old School Gentleman ...

+1

Calm and calculated - he IS the Ruski Bond !

Not even shaken! Let alone stirred !!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

This thread has a little something for everyone.

Putin acts like a gentlemen and gives his coat to a gal who is cold, China gets butt hurt over this chivalric act and removes all media pertaining to the kind act and Obama/America get verbally punked.

Gotta love ATS sometimes.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

This simple nice gesture makes me like him a heck of a lot better. I am sure people will spin this a million different ways but at the end of the day it was a nice gesture.

Bravo Putin.....Bravo.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'll never understand the fawning over Putin. Wolves wondering the halls of the buildings in the Olympic park built by the contractors who paid the biggest kickbacks. Websites chock full of Russian mail order brides who will marry random dudes in exchange for citizenship in any number of countries. Civil rights protesters put in jail. Gangs of thugs making a sport out of beating up gays. State run media.

Oh, but he rides horses bare chested and he helped Peng Liyuan put a blanket over her shoulders so let's all remark on what a gentlemen he is.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Are you for real??

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Really? This would have been great if it was satire. What does offering your coat (which btw, is not what Putin did) have to do with political correctness? I think you may suffer from an irrational fear of persecution.

America, we should observe and learn. Look at what we have stooped to. In the absence of true leadership the people will follow anything.

I guess you're speaking for the diehard followers because they're the only ones I see stooping and it's rather disgusting.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think it's similar to how some people have an obsession with gangsters and other people who aren't exactly choirboys because they do whatever they want and seemingly have not a single care in the world when doing it. Putin is like a bizarre combination of Al Capone and Bond but in this case more like Bond.

edit on 11-11-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar
Don't be so coy... You know that at the very least crazy Putin thinks he just freed her and is entitled to install a new "government"

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

where's ambassador Spock?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Funny thing about the pic...

Obama seems to think Xi Jingpings needs to be charmed, but Putin seems to think he needs to charm his wife. Makes you wonder who`s in real control in China?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yea but if Obama had been the one offering the shawl everyone would be all "he's bowing down to the Chinese. He's clearly a Communist".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join