It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 11/11... the 11:11 phenomena revisited

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

It is obvious our discussion will get nowhere under these conditions. So I beg you to help me to understand.

If it is not a feeling of self-importance, what is it you feel in these moments when you see 11:11? You say millions and millions of people are experiencing something—what other than looking at a clock are they experiencing?

If I am to accept the anecdotal evidence of folks who have these feelings when they see 11:11, then please accept the anecdotal evidence of those who do not have those feelings when they see 11:11. That seems fair. So what does this evidence tell me? It tells me some people feel a certain way when they see 11:11 on a digital clock, and some people don’t. What other than that can this evidence tell me?

What exactly have you experienced that would turn the philosophy of positivism on its head? How has it been proven to you that these fields are wrong? I ask because countless people have claimed this, mystics throughout all the ages, and the priests that sought to suppress these sorts of endeavours through murder, book burning, and suppression, yet not one single fruit of this knowledge has ever left their minds, while the sort of positivist philosophy you speak of has advanced quite quickly in modern times. If you know positivism to be wrong, surely you know how and why it is wrong. If not, how do you know it is wrong? In my opinion, I’m not quite convinced that coming from your position is a privilege at all, since nothing has ever come from these positions that would make it worthwhile in any way. So please, help me to understand. What were these experiences? How do they prove to you positivism is wrong? And how is your position a privilege?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Agreed, were about to say the same thing but you beat me to it.

I usually don't see 11:11, mostly 2's and 3's for me. These days I don't feel much of anything, I make a quick mental note and then I go on with my day. 3333 again? Huh, ok.
Numbers of course is just a subset of synchronicities, others can seem to imply things, seemingly answer questions or otherwise just mirror thoughts, I don't get too excited about these either. But if I for example am thinking about some goal that I'd like to reach, and at the same time I happen to see something correlating with that goal on the computer while someone on the TV says "it will work out for the best in due time", I would of course hope that it is true, that it really is a message, but I will most often remain skeptical yet casually optimistic at the same time. Because, the thing is, and this goes for occultism in general, if you're not highly advanced you most often do not know what you're dealing with and deception is endemic.

They're experiencing their inner state mirroring their outer state, mind over matter, they're experiencing the empty verse: As above, so below, as within so without. Sure the first times most everybody will remain a skeptic, but then it keeps happening in greater frequency and it keeps chipping away at that skepticism. Of course, if you've already experienced blatant paranormal phenomena it might not be that impressive at all and the skepticism probably won't be that rigid in the first place.

But the question is: if these billions of people that don't feel that this is a "thing" are experiencing it frequently enough or even at all? I posit that they're not since they don't seem to, they don't talk about it, they don't talk about seeing 333 7 times every other day. Sure everybody sees 11:11 now and then, but how often?

Yeah, I'd think that is valid, but I don't think it accounts for the change in perception, or rather experience, of going from almost never seeing such things to seeing such things daily, nightly and ever so rightly.

Privilege is just a word, some would call it a curse. I'd call it a double-edged sword.

Science deals with the physical world and it is a very good system, the best we have, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it could undergo some changes.

Mysticism or spirituality doesn't deal exclusively with the physical world, its aims are altogether different, though many have used the scientific method in exploring these mysteries, you probably already know that alchemists were proto-scientists, from Francis Bacon to Newton, mystics were involved in early science, but I digress.

Because the nature of these inquiries and what they seek to explore often transcends the physical and the instruments of science itself being physical the fruits of these labors haven't had the same impact that science has. Unless one counts spiritual cultivation in isolated individuals as progress, as you said esoteric traditions have always been maligned by society in favour of exoteric religion which prefers faith and belief over practicality and exploration, so perhaps it is no wonder that its effects on the world pales in comparison to science which is for the most part accepted and welcomed by the world.
I wouldn't exactly say that science is wrong, rather that some assumptions of science may be wrong and that other explanations or foundations may fit the same mold and criteria that the evidence suggests.

Meditation for one has been proven to alter the brain, I find that pretty impressive and I'd find these practices worthwhile if that was all there was. The rabbit hole is deep, and ever deeper it gets. No need to talk about other things, people don't believe unless they see and scoffing is the usual reaction.
You think I talk about these things in my real life? Silence is golden, talk is cheap, pushing just embolden.

As for my experience or experiences that would defy modern science, no need to mention it, you still wouldn't see it or experience it. Suffice to say that I've experienced many things that are supposed to be impossible, some of them could have other plausible explanations, some of them not. However, this does not mean that I know everything about what I experienced, and it does not mean that I know exactly how it is wrong since I'm not a scientist. All I know is, things that are supposed to be impossible do in fact happen, to a lot of people even.

As I always say, there's no need to engage this subject without actually engaging it, the only way is to find out for oneself.

No one can prove any of this for you and that's that.
edit on 13-11-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: Because, mami, you're on a need to know basis.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My 11s story. Started in 2003? For several years I had relentless "push" to notice multiples of 11s on clocks... something would make me look. Even worse, I typically kept my cell phone in my pants pocket... I would feel it vibrate and when I looked there was no call but the digital display would say any variation of 11s (3:44, 12:22, 6:11 and every other combination including 11:11.... always about 11's, this never happened wiht a number that did not include 11s)....

And if that was not bad enough I'd feel the phone vibrate only to realize it was not in my pocket and then I'd look at the clock in the car and it would be some variation of 11... this has greatly diminished but I still get it once in a while. I would really like to know what that was all about. It was like some spiritual force was compelling me to see something but I could not understand what it meant.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I never paid much attention to this type of thing but I read some of your replies to the OP and here's mine. My daughter was born 11/11/14 just two days ago at 11:14 a.m.
Crazy!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MNnativeamer
I never paid much attention to this type of thing but I read some of your replies to the OP and here's mine. My daughter was born 11/11/14 just two days ago at 11:14 a.m.
Crazy!

Wow... same date as the expired milk in my fridge

It is amazing; the synchronicity... "weird" is when it happens to a few people... a "phenomena" is when it happens to many...

Beyond that, congratulations! Parenthood is awesome

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know I'm a tad late to the party here but I was thinking about this while watching the rememberance service

If we add up all the 11s the time, day and month we get 33

And isn't 33 a significant number in the masons who some say control things and are running the show?

What if the whole thing is related to that?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I first started seeing the numbers 111 or 1111 back in

It started very abruptly, with intensity, and I had no
idea what to make of it.

When it first started it went on for weeks, then would
go away completely, then come back a few weeks later
and be just as intense for a few days or a week.

Over the years it comes and goes, for months I won't
really see it at all (beyond reasonable coincidence) and then
abruptly it will start happening again with intensity
for a few days and then goes again.

I never even knew anyone else was experiencing this
phenomenon until I went into an AOL chat room one
day and the creator of the chat room claimed she was
psychic.

No one was really asking her any questions so
I asked if she knew why I was seeing this number

She said she and her husband see the number also
frequently and they also have no idea what it means.

Then, back in 2002 I was listening to the George Snorie
show, and the guest was talking about this phenomenon
all over the world.

A few days later I'm talking to a friend of a friend that
I didn't really know all that well, just an
acquaintance and he was offering us a ride to and
back from somewhere.

Well, I start talking about seeing this number 1111
and this guy literally, almost slams the breaks, turns
around to look at me in the back seat and said
"You see that number too!"

I still see it, it comes and goes.

Rebel 5

edit on 14-11-2014 by rebelv because: to add a thought

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My life seems to thrive on doubles... 11:11, 14:14. 12:12, etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Life's a sad state of affairs if you're staring at the clock for your profound moments. There's an entire earth out there.

It's not just clocks, when its intense, I see it practically everywhere,
and I'm not even looking for it.

Personally, I think it may be related to the prefloodian Enocihian Twin Pillars,
that according to the occult, was secret knowledge that survived the flood,
and it's these towers also that are represented by Joachim and Boaz; the
pillars in front of Solomon's Temple with the entrance between them,
and symbolized also by the Twin Towers, in Manhattan.

In a general sense I think it represents knowledge,
but not just any knowledge, secret knowledge, or
so called forbidden knowledge offered to Eve by
The Serpent, and relates to Gnosis, or the knowledge
of one self, his identity, his origins (or her) and especially
his true capabilities.

Also it could be a wake up call.

It could even be some kind of message from E.T.'s
or even the government F***ing with our heads.

Its conjecture, I really don't know what it means,
but I'm leaning towards it symbolizing that there
is a knowledge out there that is spiritual in nature.

Rebel 5

Rebel 5

edit on 15-11-2014 by rebelv because: added a thought

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
LOL, I went for coffee, came back looked down and you had 16 flags. 1+6.....that's cute. I shall make it 17!

This is off topic I know, but I don't know what the flags mean,
is that like 'liking' someone's post. I've never flagged anyone,
assumed it meant it was a report option.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Nope it just says that the thread is important and worthy to read for whatever reason !

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

11:11,2:11,3:11,12:58,1:58,11:58 anyone seeing these? might have something to do with the FIBONACCI SEQ n consequently the PHI-ONIC ratios both known n UNKNOWN.i suspect in the future a relationship may be found btwn the TIMING of the circadian rhythm n the above seq(s).SECRET KNOWLEGDE?? i cud imagine one may extrapolate from the circadian rhythm , the basic [CLOCK] of the body---(how consciousness is embedded into the biological host)--the relation of the basic unit consciousness to the
energy body of the ;planet,solar,galaxy,cosmos!!! --esoteric--imagine knowing how one comes into BEING!(well @least the physical bit of it.)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

the fact that many people are seeing these no's might hint that humans have or are evolving ..into a new type of being ..with a mind n body able to perceive MORE--able to perceive on a grander scale--PERHAPS IN RESPONSE TO A COSMIC IRRITANT/INITIATOR--more importantly cud mean that the human race is evolving into a STRONGER collective[ 100th monkey sorta thing].soul groups?? with our current rate of exponential tech n sc-fi discovery we may become a [space-faring] civ in 10-30yrs--maybe mother nature is trying to bring the [ants] 2gether 2 stand in unison in PREPARATION to face THE UKNOWNs of the greater cosmos--wolfpack mentality--in case we leave in fragments when that time comes.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Nope it just says that the thread is important and worthy to read for whatever reason !

Oh thanks for explaining that.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: fr33coll3ct1v3

11:11,2:11,3:11,12:58,1:58,11:58 anyone seeing these? might have something to do with the FIBONACCI SEQ n consequently the PHI-ONIC ratios both known n UNKNOWN.i suspect in the future a relationship may be found btwn the TIMING of the circadian rhythm n the above seq(s).SECRET KNOWLEGDE?? i cud imagine one may extrapolate from the circadian rhythm , the basic [CLOCK] of the body---(how consciousness is embedded into the biological host)--the relation of the basic unit consciousness to the
energy body of the ;planet,solar,galaxy,cosmos!!! --esoteric--imagine knowing how one comes into BEING!(well @least the physical bit of it.)

I don't know what all that just meant, but its interesting.

BTW, yesterday I saw 1:11 or 11:11 several times just by
total seeming coincidence and I saw 1:11 after I finished up
in the shower this morning and it was my roommate's clock
which was an hour ahead (since he didn't set it back when
DST ended.)

I had no idea when I would come out of the bathroom,
and I had forgotten his clock was ahead an hour and yet
there it was 1:11

Rebel 5

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join