It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are F117's still flying? Well the Air Force has all the answers for you....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Wouldn’t hat be full circle?

All we need now is a modern version of the Klingon cloaking device pod... looks at IRST pods on the F16 (I know they’re not, but just spitballing).

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

There is a classified "Dark Knights" squadron that has been around for a while but I wouldn't expect the F-117A to be its primary aircraft. Recent developments make me wonder if perhaps the F-117A is now serving the same cover/proficiency role for the Dark Knights that the A-7D did for the 4450th Tactical Group back in the 1980s.

Interesting Thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
First thing I thought of with Lockheed dudes flying them is an upgrade test pilot program.

Should be some more photos of them flying today.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

There is a classified "Dark Knights" squadron that has been around for a while but I wouldn't expect the F-117A to be its primary aircraft. Recent developments make me wonder if perhaps the F-117A is now serving the same cover/proficiency role for the Dark Knights that the A-7D did for the 4450th Tactical Group back in the 1980s.

Interesting Thought.

The more I think about this, the more bloody sense it makes to me. The testing angle also makes a lot of sense too, but what if they are doing both - testing new track and detection methods/technology as well as keeping pilots current on an airframe that handles similarly to something in the black world.

Or perhaps the testing is a cover for the proficiency flights. Wouldn't be the first time...

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

www.historynet.com...

That would be interesting if they are using the f-117 as cover for something else.

There's a link to the above that talks about this.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
New information on the alleged deployment of F-117s to the Middle East in 2016:

“During the aforementioned landing, which occurred during dawn, the unfortunate Nighthawk was accompanied by its wingman. The latter did not land at AAS, but continued its route to its deployment base. This scene was seen by some lucky OIR personnel. One of these personnel managed to make a poor quality long distance iPhone-picture of the (chase) landing of the two birds, followed by the broken aircraft standing at one of the tarmacs of AAS. Without any doubt, this was at AAS, as infrastructure characteristics and then deployed aircraft to AAS were clearly identified together with the broken F-117A.

theaviationgeekclub.com... agazine-says/?fbclid=IwAR1jqDBqImbzMso6pdw_cKob29GBRn_EDq5ebHD8uAfAD9iWMGflCiQmhI4

Read the entire article. Looks increasingly like it actually happened.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

I was just reading through this. It looks like F--117s are still combat operational in a limited capacity..

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that despite being known about for years as still flying, there weren't any sightings near Panamint. Then you couldn't go a day without seeing them there, all about the time of this supposedly happening in Syria. Now, there hasn't been a single sighting, despite that area being just as popular as ever.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Did something else go in to Syria and they're covering it up?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

No idea honestly. Just pointing out how odd that was.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

If it did go to Syria will its companion have been around?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

They probably would have had some kind of support aircraft in the area, just in case.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I would've thought with Syrian air defense systems being bolstered with Russian tech at the time would've been an easy target? Testing some kind of new RAM coating that's made it stealthier maybe? Or are the S300/400 not as good as people say?
edit on 12-4-2019 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

They're both good systems, not as amazing as claimed but really good, but we can pretty accurately model their radars here.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Still a bit of a strange on they were used though.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They are a specialized airframe so I can see them being used in limited operations.Stealth Assassins for hire

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
F117 has been out playing again
link

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

More like they're the strike package. They're not taking on anything but defenses.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join