It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An explosion in space near the Cassiopeia constellation on Oct. 19th, 2014...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
She... is a he, Phage... It's Mr Scary. Not Mrs Cary... lol a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yeah, you're right. Being that I don't have a clue to what it actually was, everything I said was based on speculation. And as someone pointed out earlier, being that stars that make up the Cassiopeia constellation are many light years apart, the object could've been much closer. And instead of saying this incident involved or happened near Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia should've only been included by me as a mapping tool. Being that I was concentrating on the blinks, the explosion and flare were very real and clear. But since everything takes on a single dimension view my depth perception could be far off. Just telling it like I saw it. a reply to: jaynkeel

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Some of us have a life and turn our computers off periodically, Mr 8,164 posts... I've seen crazier and cooler things than this (One of them was 3 years ago tonight... Thanks for reminding me). No 'embellishing' necessary. Step away from the keyboard and go outside and look up. You might be able to post something with some substance instead of insults to help you feel like you're someone. a reply to: wmd_2008

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mrscary3721
But, but.
You have an udder.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
One of the GREAT comet anomalies occurred in October 2007 when the Comet Homes mysteriously exploded, increasing in brightness by 400,000 times. It was clearly visible across the entire planet. Yet it got very little attention, considering how strange an event it was:

www.space.com...

My guess -- someone (likely the USA, but perhaps Russia or China) popped it with a 50 megaton nuclear weapon -- probably part of a top-secret test of earth's comet and asteroid defense system.

I remember looking at it, close to the Perseus constellation for several nights-- just baffled that there was so very little coverage in the media, and just a general dismissal of its significance. A strange new blot in the immutable night sky -- not worth discussing ???

There are a lot of secrets in the night sky that are being suppressed. Believe it.

edit on 16-11-2014 by Axial Leader because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Axial Leader

It's coma increase in size very rapidly. It's not unheard of though that was a big one. Biggest recorded.

I got a good view of it too. It wasn't that spectacular, just a fuzzy ball. Had to look for it. Not like Hale-Bopp. Now that was a comet.

edit on 11/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Except for the part that a lot of you seem to be missing...... If it was indeed an explosion it could have happened 100s of years ago, and the light just didnt reach us till now.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you sure that's an udder?

dex

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Struck a nerve it eems by the way have a look at my post rate its not very high.

I probably look at the sky more than you do since tajing my first picture through a telescope about 33 years ago.

Maybe if some members had a good look at whats up there we wouldn't get so many threads with misleading titles.

Have a look at the astrophotography thread on here and you will see many members on here spend a lot of time looking and taking pictures of the night sky including me!

edit on 18-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Axial Leader
One of the GREAT comet anomalies occurred in October 2007 when the Comet Homes mysteriously exploded, increasing in brightness by 400,000 times. It was clearly visible across the entire planet. Yet it got very little attention, considering how strange an event it was:

www.space.com...

My guess -- someone (likely the USA, but perhaps Russia or China) popped it with a 50 megaton nuclear weapon -- probably part of a top-secret test of earth's comet and asteroid defense system.

I remember looking at it, close to the Perseus constellation for several nights-- just baffled that there was so very little coverage in the media, and just a general dismissal of its significance. A strange new blot in the immutable night sky -- not worth discussing ???

There are a lot of secrets in the night sky that are being suppressed. Believe it.

I loved this post.
As to the night sky suppression, I couldn't agree more.
One of my favorite things to think about & point out to others is how the lights in China russia Japan everywhere affect how we see the night sky. Before the invention of the light bulb, & industrial pollution, the night sky must have been truly spectacular to behold.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Saw this last week.

was it this?

www.sciencedump.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
saw my first iridium flare a few years ago, then saw it at the same time a few days on the trot. August, 11:25 PM in the big dipper. Pole to pole orbit. Awesome.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Sorry off topic .. But Eunuchorn you saying that, back in September I was in the Scottish Highlands in the middle of no where for 4 days. We spent evenings out wild .. One night we were in a mountain valley no one around us for a good 10-15 miles. That night we were gifted with a moonless night and clear skies ... The amount of stars we saw was breath taking. Being from a town outside London I had never seen the sky so lit up with stars

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Sorry off topic .. But Eunuchorn you saying that, back in September I was in the Scottish Highlands in the middle of no where for 4 days. We spent evenings out wild .. One night we were in a mountain valley no one around us for a good 10-15 miles. That night we were gifted with a moonless night and clear skies ... The amount of stars we saw was breath taking. Being from a town outside London I had never seen the sky so lit up with stars

It's awesome aint it... Saw the biggest, brightest, baddest satellite ever on the North west coast of Scotland...Zero light pollution rocks.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I saw that as well as I was searching for answers. It was similar to that, but the date is too far off... There sure seems to be a lot more of this kind of thing happening lately. a reply to: Mez353

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Im a pretty big alien believer, but id like to see some facts to these claims. Not that it doesnt sound believable, cause i've definitely heard similar. Just would like to KNOW for myself.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I don't know what you saw, maybe a war in space with lazers, etc., but it could not have been millions if not billions of miles away.

I think you forget that if it did happen light years away, and he witnessed it, then that happened quite a few years ago and just then when he saw it was when that light arrived.
edit on 9-1-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed There are many who dismiss that 'speed of light' theory. Arguing the point that the speed of light is not the same as the 'speed of sight'. I gotta say, since I've been paying more attention to the skies over the past 3+ years and have seen quite a few crazy, unexplainable things. It's perplexing, and can be quite frustrating, to look for answers on ET, UFO, etc type-questions, only to end up with many more questions. That's not usually the case when researching most things on the internet. But, I guess it beats the Encyclopedia Brittanica, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I probably look at the sky more than you do since tajing my first picture through a telescope about 33 years ago.

Maybe if some members had a good look at whats up there we wouldn't get so many threads with misleading titles.

I am with you on this but I doubt it would do much good for many here. Fantasy is more fun for some the wonder of reality.

edit on 1/10/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LongishLongo
I'm doing what I can to find related information. I didn't expect or appreciate my claim being dismissed by top commenters right off the bat. The folks who you would think might be the most informed and the most resourceful... Good incentive thou...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join