It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Unions Dump $80 million Into 2014 Midterms: Result is an F+

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How many months are we going to have to suffer through this post election propaganda?

Liberals had the last six years. I am willing to settle for the next two.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Really? Plenty of people are going into finance, marketing and other capitalist industries. Seems to me an overabundance of capitalism is the issue here. I know tons of smart people who went into these useless industries which produce nothing of value because the paychecks are good.

I think your biggest problem Is you expect someone else to teach people when the truth is it is an individuals choice to take responsibility for their own education.

I never stop learning and I don't need a broken education system to force feed me their 'Common Core' crap.

Never let school get in the way of your education.
edit on 2014/11/9 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: xuenchen

Joe the Plumber and a FOX news report?

Do you even have kids in school?

At least you know I follow the links.

Good Point.

But what does it have to do with successful family structures?

Define family.

I am raising a 6 year old grandson, who's on the Autism Spectrum, Southern California, Common Core.

I have a strong interest in the public school system and all connected with it.

What does that have to do with Joe the Plumber or FOX news?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think your biggest problem Is you expect someone else to teach others when the truth is it is the individuals choice to take responsibility for their own education.

Haven't you heard? Guess you didn't get the latest memo....

Now a days, no one takes responsibility anymore for their actions
It's always the fault of others [as shown by our dear leader]

Welcome to the 'I don't accept responsibility' generation
It's all the other guys fault for me being a dumbazz!!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Joe the Plumber and a FOX news report?

Do you even have kids in school?

At least you know I follow the links.

Good Point.

But what does it have to do with successful family structures?

Define family.

I am raising a 6 year old grandson, who's on the Autism Spectrum, Southern California, Common Core.

I have a strong interest in the public school system and all connected with it.

What does that have to do with Joe the Plumber or FOX news?

I require facts.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Teachers and schools in general bought into the progressive mindset and it will always lead to......Failure. So many liberal teachers brainwashing children is it any wonder Vietnam which is a 3rd world country has a better education system.

I bet when a child fails in Vietnam they do not receive praise for winning/trying. If you raise your child this way you might want to get the basement ready ahead of time because they will never leave home.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

So the whitewashed history textbooks conservatives push are better than the real history books?

www.washingtonpost.com... story-curriculum/

How about them schools that teach creationism?

www.slate.com...

Let's not just blame liberals. It's a pathetically simplified and unrealistic accusation. Ignorance and undue boosting of ego are things conservatives have in spades as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I suppose it's my responsibility to fix out infrastructure as well?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Have you ever seen my posts........Republicans are progressive filth in my book also. I can prove what I am saying look how they treated Mr.Paul just for wanting to follow the constitution.......I see the cold hard truth.

If Romney had won we would have Romney care.......This says it all.

edit on 9-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Are you still talking about education? Are you opposed to the idea of personal responsibility? You have so many non sequiturs in your posts that I find your logic hard to follow.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Our infrastructure is top notch it is the people using it. Teachers and schools in general push the progressive mindset in many ways. This is setup for failure and has been tried in the past. The baby boomers really messed this entire system up buying into a lie.

Just look at the everybody is a winner crap and the anti-bullying campaigns it really does lead to failure. This is why so many young adults are not leaving the nest and choose to live at home well into adulthood.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The west has a strong current of anti-intellectualism running through it's culture - it's not a right/left problem, it's a cultural problem - we treat our athletes bounds better then our brightest minds - Our institutions tend to favor busy work over actual intellectual ability. Many poorer SE Asian countries outperform us academically because their cultures favor intellectualism.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What does plumbing have to do with the news? Four years ago the guy was unclogging toilets and now his name is being used to push propaganda to conservatives.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

You said a mouth full right there my friend. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

You said a mouth full right there my friend. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

What's ironic is there is already some here instantly blaming one group or another !!

Guess they don't know what 'Self Responsibility' is.....OR they bought into the whole 'It's not my fault' BS

***Don't drink the koolaid***

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

Bravo sir. That's the problem. You stated it perfectly.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

How does our school system prevent personal responsibility? All the knowledge the human race has is available now. It's our culture that gets in the way and our school system is one of the smallest players in our current culture.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Which generation is the "I don't accept responsibility" generation?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What does plumbing have to do with the news? Four years ago the guy was unclogging toilets and now his name is being used to push propaganda to conservatives.

I bet his family is intact and successful.

Better than the Democrat Party as of last week.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

How does our school system prevent personal responsibility? All the knowledge the human race has is available now. It's our culture that gets in the way and our school system is one of the smallest players in our current culture.

Ebonics..........Everybody is a winner.........Shipping inner city kids out into the suburbs..........No child left behind...........Just to name a few.

Think about what no child left behind really does to a system. Failure is rewarded.
edit on 10-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join