It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with sudden invasive adware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So a few days ago I started noticing these links all over web pages... A random word will display a huge ad when I get near it with my pointer. Sometimes random new web pages will pop up as well whenever I click on something, for example when clicking the scroll bar. Without breaking T&C, I do have to point out that on the various websites I frequent, I've never had... issues... with ads before. I ran Malwarebytes last night and it found nothing.
Does anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it? It's really annoying.
I'm using Chrome by the way; haven't checked to see if it happens in Firefox or Opera.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

edit on 11/9/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
you can get that all removed for nothing ... looks like speedup my pc (all one word) search it on google and there are some free removal tools

(post by jude11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
what ya got is a version of the Fast And Furious Adware, but instead of shipping your data to Mexico it ships it too Finland instead....

edit on 9-11-2014 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Dont use free software to block this stuff, your just adding more garbage.
Sent you a pm.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Use spybot search and destroy to remove that junk out of your system. Then run system mechanic to clean your computers Registry and finally run your antivirus scan at its strongest setting to scrub your drives of leftover junk.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
And if I may add, download Malwarebytes (free) and CrapCleaner (free)...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If it's a persistent little bugger, this has gotten me out of a few jams. It can disguise itself to run many different ways and lets you stop all reoccurring processes associated with your problem.

Sometimes it's hard to remove something if its protected or wont stop running.

RKill

Stops it dead and lets you clean.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Use

Rkill
Junkware removal tool
Adwcleaner
combo fix
CCleaner

In that order.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Does anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it? It's really annoying.
I'm using Chrome by the way; haven't checked to see if it happens in Firefox or Opera.

Looks like chrome-specific adware extension in the browser , ( it won't be detected by malware scans), see ....
productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/sPm0JJ-0DdA
edit on 10-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Download and install AdBlocker Plus for whatever browser you are using. Also use Hitman Pro to help get rid of all those pesky Trojans, and virus. What antivirus software are you using?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Here's the least painful way of dealing with this IMO.

Download and install a copy of a program calling Everything.

Which you can find on Here, under Other.

Then boot your machine in safe mode. Open up Everything and search for the name of adware. Delete everything you find.

Run a basic virus scan to clean up the rest.

~Tenth
edit on 11/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Download and install the latest Malwarebytes, then update and run a complete scan of your system. Also download ccleaner and run. This should remove 99% of the Maleware on your system. Short of that a clean Windows install is your best bet.

www.malwarebytes.org...

download.cnet.com...

hope this helps.

edit on 10-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Update #3:
Apparently the program "Time4Popcorn" has been installing a bunch of adware and other malicious programs on people's computers.
edit on 11/10/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I have Popcorn Time installed if that's what you mean, and im not getting any nasty Malware. Just a thought do you frequent TPB? Because now that we have to use a proxy to open said site quite a lot of nasty pages also open and attempt to install nasty stuff to your system.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I haven't been on TPB recently, but I do know what you mean about all the pages trying to open and install stuff.
Apparently several people have been getting malware over the past couple days though. The only other theories I saw were in relation to a Chrome update or the updating of video drivers.
I just don't know...

new topics

top topics

join