It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is one of the only foods that doesn't spoil ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I am not a Doctor but I really want to relay a home remedy for acne I have seen with my own eyes.

What is one of the only foods that doesn't spoil ? Answer is HONEY... Why: it has anti fugal and bacterial properties..

One of my wife's friends has a daughter who was really starting to break out in spots and painful zits.. My wife told the daughter to wash her face (soap and water) and then apply honey to her face for at least 10 minutes before going to bed.. rinse the honey off after the ten minutes without soap..

Absolutely amazing what this has done for the girl in less than a month..

It is a hand me down that has been used by many people who live in the sticks and do not have dermatologist to run to... My wife still does use honey as a skin cleaner and blemish remover...... her completion and facial skin is as clear and smooth as a babies butt..

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Oh.

I was going to say peanut butter as I am fairly certain there is a jar from 1999 still in use in my cupboard...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ya....I was gonna say rice. But nevermind! And you are right about the honey. I've used it myself.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It makes sense, because sugar also doesn`t spoil, that`s why there`s isn`t a date on it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
You are correct - honey legitimately does not spoil. Interesting to think of it as being a home remedy for acne, I'll have to remember that.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I immediately thought of a Big Mac and fries, but honey makes sense and is way more useful. So does any honey work or just the £15/jar manuka honey?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I recall reading that a clay jar of honey was found in some pharaohs tomb,thousands of years old and still edible.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Oh.

I was going to say peanut butter as I am fairly certain there is a jar from 1999 still in use in my cupboard...

I agree and it does not need refrigeration. Although peanut oil will tend to rise after awhile..

For those who answered/commented thanks... I just think it makes sense and, well it works from what I have seen.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Manuka honey is from the blossom of a tea tree tree (the same you get tea tree oil from) which is why its properties are great for killing bacteria.

My mrs suffers from nasal problems and since using mnauka honey it has reduced drastically.

Just make sure not to use with boiling water as it kills off most of the beneficial properties.

Its also good used with fresh lemon juice to make traditional lemsip rather then the chemically produced version, to kill off colds and flu.

Nature has a cure for everything

edit on 9-11-2014 by jimwise68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Honey doesn't and part of it has to do with its liquid factor too. Bacteria need a certain amount of moisture in order to grow and honey is just wrong for that. I could describe this better if my husband were awake; he knows the technical terms for it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I was gonna say
McDonald's Cheeseburger

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

sugar doesn't spoil because it doesn't have water. The key to bacterial growth: water and food. Same with all Earthbound life.

Honey has water. it has sugar. But it doesn't spoil...that is special.

Other foods that won't spoil, like peanut butter (although the oils will still go rancid and taste terrible), lack water. Fungus can still grow, but its more difficult.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ancient Egyptians used honey as a layer for treating injuries, for said antibacterial properties. Modern day we tend to use silver cream, as silver also kills bacteria.

One of my old friends who fought in vietnam said that they put silver pieces in their water bottles to purify it. Science is cool!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

thanks for this info
this is awesome

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It does have water, but a low ratio of water which makes it resistant to fungus. The anti-bacterial stuff is something else.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Settlers going west would put silver coins in their milk to help it keep longer.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
I immediately thought of a Big Mac and fries, but honey makes sense and is way more useful. So does any honey work or just the £15/jar manuka honey?

The active ingredient, methylglyoxal (MG) can be found in most honeys but manuka has a higher concentrate and that is why it can be used to treat MRSA as well as simpler skin infections such as acne.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

He said "food."

lol

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was going to sat " Twinkie "..... Too bad all the honey bees are dying and the price of honey is going up.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The only I know that you have to watch with peanut butter is even in a sealed jar their are bug eggs and after years can lead to them hatching and destroying the product. At least that's what I've been told by my boss at work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join