It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Massive Flare - Earth Facing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Flare

Projected Path

This is starting to get almost routine...

[Mod Note]
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

- a brief description
- a link and short quote
- YOUR thoughts, comments or opinion on the matter.

edit on 8/11/2014 by Sauron because: Mod note

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Looks like it is Earthbound indeed.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Thanks for embedding!

Criminy, that's worrisome. One blast after another, and this will hit just as the 'arctic bombarini' or whatever they're calling it will, next week.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
that phot looks big and the graphic seems to indicate it will hit earth at the edges of its projection. it seems to hit us with the red colour from the chart.. red=bad .. normally er...

Anyone know the class? how strong? etc etc.

Q
edit on 8/11/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
Region 2205 produced a X1 solar flare (NOAA Scale R3 - Radio Blackout) event at 1726 UTC (12:26 EST) on 07 November 2014. The impact of the flare itself was short-lived degradation to HF radio communications on the daylight side of Earth. There was a coronal mass ejection (CME) associated with this event, and WSA-Enlil modeling (shown here) shows Earth encountering the edge of this disturbance mid-day UTC (early EST) on November 10th. G1 (Minor) geomagnetic storming is likely and isolated G2 (Moderate) storming is possible. Region 2205 remains fairly steady in size and complexity at this time, and while not particularly large, has certainly shown itself capable of producing mid-level activity.

X.1 Only.

Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 65 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
Induced Currents - Weak power grid fluctuations can occur.
Aurora - Aurora may be visible at high latitudes such as Canada and Alaska.

Nothing serious but yes they are getting regular.

Peace

edit on 8-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

We saw worst.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
Region 2205 produced a X1 solar flare (NOAA Scale R3 - Radio Blackout) event at 1726 UTC (12:26 EST) on 07 November 2014. The impact of the flare itself was short-lived degradation to HF radio communications on the daylight side of Earth. There was a coronal mass ejection (CME) associated with this event, and WSA-Enlil modeling (shown here) shows Earth encountering the edge of this disturbance mid-day UTC (early EST) on November 10th. G1 (Minor) geomagnetic storming is likely and isolated G2 (Moderate) storming is possible. Region 2205 remains fairly steady in size and complexity at this time, and while not particularly large, has certainly shown itself capable of producing mid-level activity.

X.1 Only.

Peace

call me stupid m8 , am i missing something? you talking about a flare from the 7th? but the phot shows a date timestampe of the 8th at 18:24

am i missing something?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Looks like it started on 11/7 but the photo is from 11/8, when it hit its peak, flare-wise?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

originally posted by: jude11

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

X.1 Only.

Peace

call me stupid m8 , am i missing something? you talking about a flare from the 7th? but the phot shows a date timestampe of the 8th at 18:24

am i missing something?

This is what I'm seeing:

Nothing substantial on the 8th. Time zone Difference of the OP?

Peace

edit on 8-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Should know more on Sunday when it gets here .Probably wont be much for us down here but I often wonder what the ones on the ISS might face .

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I propose that ATS implement a new rule that X-flares not be dubbed "massive" unless they are in the double digit range. X10 for example, might be properly referred to as massive. X1... not so much.

Just my humble cranky opinion.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That's nothing, a new one is going to happen real shortly.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That's nothing, a new one is going to happen real shortly.

Yeah, seen the warning as well.

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What do you mean? Do have something to share or just stating the obvious?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: rickymouse

What do you mean? Do have something to share or just stating the obvious?

Sharing the obvious.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: antar
The space weather prediction center gives a 30% probability for an X class flare in the next three days.

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is likely to be moderate
with a chance for X-class flares on days one, two, and three (09 Nov, 10
Nov, 11 Nov).

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 11/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join