It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination plot against Her Majesty the Queen thwarted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Apparently ISIS (or someone loyal to that organisation) planned to kill the Queen during a Rembrance ceremony today. Fortunately, the authorities were able to apprehend the four suspects mentioned in this report:

Yesterday armed officers seized the four men, aged 19 to 27, following months of surveillance. Last night police were said to be interrogating the suspects - who are thought to have hatched a plot assassinate the Queen with a knife. Police had already stepped up security after a terrorist shot a soldier guarding a war memorial at Canada’s parliament.

and...

Islamic State militants have called on ‘self-starter’ followers to target high-profile commemorative events. Police marksmen from its SO15 terrorism command arrested the youngest suspect on Thursday night at 8.31pm at the £160,000 home he shares with his mother in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. He is said to have recently returned from Pakistan. Fourteen minutes later a 22-year-old was seized by armed officers at a house in Hounslow. In an unusual move, the eldest suspect was stopped at gunpoint in his car in Southall, West London, but no shots were fired.

The fourth man was arrested in Uxbridge and searches were taking place in Greenford and Hayes, also in West London.

The suspects were all arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

It was reported the allegations are linked to a UK plot - not travelling to Syria to join ISIS.

The use of armed officers for the arrests suggests police chiefs fear the suspects may have acquired weapons. None were found, however.

Source

I always thought that the British gov't had a better handle on terrorist threats than the U.S.. However, what really bothers me about ISIS and its "counterparts" (for the lack of a better word) is that they will do just about anything to achieve their goals. This report neglected to say if there were any more suspects and if other weapons other than a knife were expected to be found.

Her Majesty will be attending the annual Remembrance ceremony at the Cenotaph tomorrow. Even with excellent security I am concerned that ISIS or whoever this is will find a way to get through to the Queen or other members of the Royal Family.

Is there cause for concern or is it just me? This world is going to heck in a handbasket.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I wonder what the information was they had on the four....no doubt nothing...just Asian looking men talking crap about blowing up queenie and her spawn.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Perhaps these kids were a threat, or perhaps they were trash-talking idiots that live with their mothers, not a real threat, and were just talking about it amongst themselves to inflate their machismo.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

ISIS, ISIS, ISIS...Everything's ISIS!

So much money, so many weapons but have to use a knife? Gotta call for a ban on kitchen utensils now.

I'm waiting for the moment that someone's pet gets run over so that ISIS can be named. I long for the time that these were just nutcases instead of everything being a terrorist action.

Peace

edit on 8-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

I always thought that the British gov't had a better handle on terrorist threats than the U.S.. However, what really bothers me about ISIS and its "counterparts" (for the lack of a better word) is that they will do just about anything to achieve their goals. This report neglected to say if there were any more suspects and if other weapons other than a knife were expected to be found.

Is there cause for concern or is it just me? This world is going to heck in a handbasket.

How easy to just hire a 50 ton truck and bulldoze your way towards old crinkled arse. With a little protection on the tyres, windsrceen and engine nothing would stop them.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I guess someone has an axe to grind against the royal prussian family ?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A knife? these terrorists were going to overcome security at a high profile event in a time of high security and take out the figurehead leader of a nation with a knife?

I am utterly speechless as to the news report and the posting of this.

Beware of isis people and if theres no isis threat then let the media scare you with teenagers with knives.

Seriously stop.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

How easy to just hire a 50 ton truck and bulldoze your way towards old crinkled arse. With a little protection on the tyres, windsrceen and engine nothing would stop them.

So you are advocating The Queen should be assassinated then?

Hope the right people are taking note of what you are implying.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

I guess someone has an axe to grind against the royal prussian family ?

No axe to grinding here...I quite like Charles and a few others...as i have posted here before, i've had the pleasure of seeing Princess Anne's arse close up, and i mean inches..I would. well i would have back in the day.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
is it really that easy to get near the queen with a knife?

maybe the queen put her nut sack on dale's drumset

Dale: Don't you do that! I am WARNING you right now! If you touch my drums, I will stab you, IN THE NECK, WITH A KNIFE

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

SNIP....I was pointing about how an assassination attempt could be made. I'm pretty sure MI5/6 have run through the same scenario and various others to ensure Lizzies security..
edit on 8-11-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What the Fluck are you talking about....I was pointing out how a assassination attempt could be made. I'm pretty sure MI5/6 have run through the same scenario and various others to ensure Lizzies security..

Your words made no mention of condemning the suspects who are in custody. Any law abiding citizen would at least have the decency to do so.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
How could you condemn someone suspected of a crime?

I would have thought that there would have to be some sort of trial and proof before you go around condemning folks?

a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What the Fluck are you talking about....I was pointing out how a assassination attempt could be made. I'm pretty sure MI5/6 have run through the same scenario and various others to ensure Lizzies security..

Your words made no mention of condemning the suspects who are in custody. Any law abiding citizen would at least have the decency to do so.

Away and piss up a dyke.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Isis...with a knife ?
Is that some sort of joke ?

I think it will end up to be nothing and certainly not ISIS.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Seems the 'respect the monarchy' police are out in force eh

Surely you would be a law abiding SUBJECT anyway

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
How could you condemn someone suspected of a crime?

I would have thought that there would have to be some sort of trial and proof before you go around condemning folks?

a reply to: alldaylong

Did you see i used the word " Suspects" ?

An example of how to condemn........... " If the suspects are in fact found guilty of any charges bought against them, then i would hope the full weight of the law is bought down on them"

Is that easy enough for you to understand ?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Beware of the terrible terrorist threat, now armed with knifes and pencils.

Don't forget the dirty bombs that do not exist and just remember folks we never see anything about the trials and charges of these "suspects" once the news reports the "DANGER". We often do not see the headlines when they are charged and convicted of the alleged crimes.

a reply to: lambros56

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

And the 9/11 hijackers were armed with ????????????

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

We often do not see the headlines when they are charged and convicted of the alleged crimes.

You don't know what your talking about.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.mi5.gov.uk...

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Plenty more apart from those.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join