It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A photo from the past.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hi all,

Don't post that often, but I am a avid reader of ATS.
Anyway whilst going through my digital photos I came across a few photos that I actually thought had been lost over the years, which I thought I might share with the community here.

So with out further ado here is the first

OK what you are looking here is a personal photo i took in 2004 June 25th at 22.41:56 (10.41pm) GMT +1.
Now the content, yep sorry for the white dot, the version I have posted here I have blocked out the person, apart from that it is a copy of the original I have.
The photo was taken on midsummer over 10 years ago at a friends and family gathering in my old house, I took the photo.

Thoughs wondering it is not smoke you are seeing in the photo as you will see from the next photo I will post.

Now for the 2nd picture that was taken at 2004 June 25th at 22.42:08 (10.42pm) GMT +1, 12 seconds later!.

Now to the interesting part, though many off you like myself have seen many photos like the first, what you might find interesting and what I still do to this day is that the 2nd image was only taken a few seconds after the first and clearly you can not see the main feature in the first photo is missing, that being the mist/smoke etc.

I don't know what it is and the experience has always stayed with me, i don't believe it was equipment failure as at the time a took many photos.

I will add though in the first photo the woman in the photo opened the old family photo album for the first time which you see here looking at.

I am going to leave it at that for the moment, I just thought I would share this experience with ATS and see what you guys thought.
Fee free to ask any questions and i will do my best to answer them.

Peace.

EDIT.

online exif data for both images

Image 1 LINK 1
Image 2 LINK 2

edit on 8/11/2014 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looks like a big white dot covering someones face? Pretty spooky!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, nice catch. Assuming you didn't see smoke or no one was smoking or had lit incense at the time when those pictures were taken, would look to other sources-such as a camera issue- first for explanation. Then, of course, paranormal wise, interesting how that was captured when old photos were being reviewed.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Pretty sure you know that is not the reason why I posted the picture

As i mentioned in my OP, sorry for the white dot, that is done by me as I did not want to post the full face off the person in the pictures, I have the orginals without the dot

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

And that's not new either. I've read several stories where people take photographs, put them away and review them years later only to find something inexplicable to them.

Or they take the pics, and look at them a second time, then there's the ghost lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Hi,

No one was smoking in the room or the house at the time.

I actually captured what was on the image a few weeks later when I was transferring them off the camera.

to clarify I actually thought I had lost these images over time, but today was going through backups off backups and i found them again.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Hi,

a few weeks after taking the photo and transferring them to my PC I noticed the smoke/mist or whatever you want to call it.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Doesn't look like smoke at all to me. Looks like white filaments of some sort that are out of focus.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Cool- thanks for posting. Interesting that she was looking at an old photo album too!

I guess my main debunking question would be if you had longish hair when the picture was taken. It looks a bit like hair that used to show up in some of my pictures... But that only happened when using the kind of cameras that you held up to your face when clicking photos. Digital cameras and phones I hold out far enough (looking at the screen rather than though a hole) that I never get wisps of Hair in frame.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Nope short hair and now nearly all gone.

it was a digital camera i used

check this link

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Looks like a big white dot covering someones face? Pretty spooky!

LOL thanks for the good laugh...

I actually find it quite ironic that she was looking at some old photo albums at the same time. Pretty spooky!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

At the time did not really think about what she was looking at, but when I investigated it 10 years ago and could not come up with anything what might have caused the smoke/mist whatever at the time, note i saw nothing at the time off taking the photo either.
So then I looked and remembered what we were doing at the time and the photo album was an old family album going back many years that she opened.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It looks exactly like incense smoke... are you really sure she wasn't burning any of that? If not, kind of strange photo, it's obviously there and not something that's (partially) up to imagination.
edit on 8-11-2014 by Pitou because: language

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
could be a dust bunny on the lense from either fabric or hairs of some sort...possibly carpet fibers? just a thought

ETA:
It is interesting though that she appears to be looking at old photo albums...
edit on 8-11-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
could be a dust bunny on the lense from either fabric or hairs of some sort...possibly carpet fibers? just a thought

Nope no dust bunnys
And no carpet fibers as there were no carpets in the house.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
It looks exactly like incense smoke... are you really sure she wasn't burning any of that? If not, kind of strange photo, it's obviously there and not something that's (partially) up to imagination.

Nothing at all was burning, there were pletty off kids in the house as well at the time.
None of the other photos that day showed what you see in the first photo.

Also if you zoom in on the photo using the exif LINK I provided in the OP, it does not look like smoke to me.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I get it now...this is a "legalize joints" thread.

Very sneaky of you man. I don't think the mods will like it.

If you put it in skunk works, you might just get away with it.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

I'm somewhat in doubt. In the enlarged pic most of it looks like smoke from close by but that on itself doesn't mean much. If there was no burning incense, someone smoking etc it could perhaps be paranormal. I don't know anything about paranormal activity showing as smoke. Someone else might be able to comment more on that.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Kind Of Off Topic So Sorry But All Photos Are From The Past.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Can you take a photo of the same person holding open the same photo album at the same page? maybe by trying to re-create the shot you might get a similar "artefact"??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join