It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the ancient kingdom discovered in Nepal where thousands of caves are carved 155ft off the

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's a neat place worth exploring and documenting for the historical and/or cultural context. As far as the caves being way up the cliff? I'd guess that when these caves were carved out there may have been some much easier to navigate paths going up, but over time they eroded. That seems apparent enough in the remaining ledges where there is loose rock strewn everywhere. The freeze-thaw cycle of stuff exposed to the elements in the mountains probably does a number on anything not maintained for hundreds of years.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

OK, I've looked at all the pictures several times and besides the height issue, why would anyone live there?
a reply to: StoutBroux

To hide from the Giants that were tormenting man around that time! Very long Wooden ladders were used by the Ancient American Indians in similar places in the Gran Canyon. No fat heavy Giant is gonna climb up no match stick ladder. Besides I am sure the river was a lot higher back then. Besides, isn't there Tibetan Temples way up on top of some mountains that are still ridiculous to get too?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Could be that a glacier carved out the gorge and the people traversed that glacier but built their caves just above the glacier. So for them it could have been just a few feet from glacier to cave entrance.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It seems likely the meditation rooms are correct but at first glance they reminded me of the Sky cells in game of thrones.

edit on 9/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Thanks for the link. Cool doc. Those people are crazy to climb up to these caves no matter what the rewards might be.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I found this very interesting. I went to the link provided
and looked at all the photos. I read the accompanying text
for the photos and then read the text at the end of the page.

I'm not a grammar nazi in any way, but I saw a few too
many punctuation and grammatical errors in the text
that it kind of bothered me just a little bit. Now I see
that the article is over a year old and hasn't been corrected,
it bothers me a tad bit more. Doesn't any proofread
their work anymore?

On the plus side, I loved the discovery and the photos.
edit on 10-11-2014 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Makes me think about The Vril out of the Coming Race From Edward Bulwer-Lytton. True, The Vril Ya lived in the underground but Bulwer Lytton could have been mistaken although he was a great man, no doubt about that. And yes the Vril-Ya could fly.

From www.evawaseerst.be...

The story of the coming race in a nutshell:

The author -the young American Bulwer-Lytton- travels to the underground places of a country that according to him really exists. And although he doesn’t mention the name of the place, it could somewhere in China or Tibet. Tibet, of all places a kind of holy grail for the nazis. Besides the language of the Gy and Ana sounded like Sanskrit.

He comes through a gap in a subterranean cave where the Gy and the Ana live. The cave has its own climate (strange that recently they have discovered caves with an own climate in China).

Gy are women. They are large and have golden hair and blue eyes. The Ana are men. The Gy are superior in about everything to the Ana. In addition, the Gy have telepathic powers.

Noteworthy that the author points out that in prehistoric times the Gy and Ana had a lot more body hair. It’s a detail that has nothing to do with the story but apparently the author found it necessary to mention it. (If you read our site you’ll notice that we think that the ‘gods’ transformed the hairy homo sapiens to a hairless human.)

The civilization of Gy and Ana names the Vril-ya. A name that had everything to do with the Vril, the miraculous force of the Vril-ya.

The force is actually neutral but can be used for many things. The Vril lifts large things, keeps the society healthy, controls the weather, drives machines and robots, is a famous weapon, can read minds etc… And she can be controlled by the mind of the Gy.

The Vril-ya stands for purity and equality, creates harmony and respects all life. The Gy are very much attached to animals. Although they would destroy life as their general interest is threatened. Both, men and women, live on average, one hundred to one hundred and fifty years old. Death doesn’t scare them off, because they know that the afterlife really does exist. Evil and fear of death is according to them a result of egocentrism that has poisoned the breed of humans who crossed too much with ‘animal humans’. Those humans live on the ground, not in the underground caves like the Vril-ya, and they are spreading very quickly .

Also the author is a poisoned human that came from above. According to the Gy the fear of death that he feels comes from the animal instinct that partly lives in him as a result of the crossbreeding between his ancestors and ‘animal humans’.

By the way: The Vril-ya ensures herself an ideal population density by birth control.

Until their last day Gy and Ana live perfectly healthy, but in the end they see dead as a portal to a higher life.

Finally: the Vril-ya have, thanks to the Vril, flying light ships. Gy and Ana can fly also by themselves thanks to the Vril and the mechanical wings they can out on and off and like a coat. (Strange that some experts are thinking we will soon do the same.)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I believe there are caves similar to these in California. I have seen these several times when driving on the 118 (Ronald Reagon) Freeway. I can't remember the exact location, but I think it's right around here www.google.com...@34.2722629,-118.6444843,2406m/data=!3m1!1e3

If anyone is local to that area could you please chime in? The caves do NOT look natural and there are hundreds of them. I've always wanted to explore them.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I came across an episode of Expedition:Unknown where they went up to some of these caves and found really nice painted walls. Ended up at a monastery way beyond the boondocks that hasn't been seen by outsiders for hundreds of years. A bunch of statues to different gods with armaments that people have left over hundreds of years perfectly preserved. A lot of the caves are deteriorating pretty badly and will be gone in a century or so. It's so dangerous to get to most of them that no one wants to go explore them.

The researcher that was with them was Mark Aldedurfer, not sure if that's spelled right but anyway he was linked on the first page of the thread. Seems he's still at it.

A very cool episode of the show. I tried to find the video but it's not on their site.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Don't know how i missed this back in 2014. Great post, thanks for sharing.

I have to say that for me, the least mysterious bit is the location. By that i mean that they look like weak sandstone cliffs in a part of the world that suffers very heavy rainfalls and often crumbling cliffs - if you drive the mountain roads in monsoon season, you can have the roads crumbling around you. So it may be isolated now but i would strongly wager that a couple of thousand years ago there were paths or ledges to the caves. If you look at one of the wider angle pictures, you can see the scree slopes beneath the caves.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Crikey, my mind ain't what it used to be. I can't remember if that theory was put forth by those on the show or if it was just some wild thought I had and I only watched this last night. Was sober also but since I've deleted the show I can't look it up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join