It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am anti-marriage!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I'm sorry but sometimes I think a marriage contract is really needed. It can be of good use for both genders.

I had a friend and coworker who got married, and the husband had a high paying job and because he had to be moving to different countries every 2-3 years, she couldn't get a job. So he asked her to be a stay at home mom, put her studies on the hold, and raise their children. (So his career could advance.) And she agreed, because she loved him and trusted him.

15 years later he met an intern, who was 22 years old and very exotic, so he left her. She was there with an incomplete degree and 2 sons, and no home.

She got a job where I was working and started saving money. After 5 years after the divorce, she finally managed to complete her degree. Now she moved back to Britain and has a good paying job, and her sons are doing great.

All this because she married out of love, and decided to help her husband in any way possible.
He has to pay alimony for his sons, and you know what?
I think that is the least he could have done for them. I think he owes her too.
She put her psychology degree on hold so she could help her true love, her husband get ahead in his career.

I'm proud of her and how far she had come (opened her own practice).

So yes, I think it is important to have a marriage paper when kids are involved.
Also a lot of times women have discontinued their studies because their husband's asked them to, and they did it out of love.

edit on 8/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join