It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is Why Vikings Are Going Straight to Hell !... If There Is One.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: optimus primal

I think the extra div thing was a typo. It looked cool so I left it there. Maybe it will catch on?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

Nasty? I'll give you nasty. I buried my best and childhood friend today. Leaving behind his children and widowed wife. So sorry if I am a bit rude, it's been a bad day. When people say my ancestors were sacrificing humans as part of their religion, well it's plain wrong, and it lights my fire. You're barking up the wrong tree. At least today.
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

so instead of honoring his memory and your friendship together you come on to ATS to be rude to other people?

It's complicated, OK? But if that's how you like to phrase it, I guess you are right.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimus primal

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: Spider879

Ten thousand 250 pound hairy painted soldiers, each carrying swords that could weigh 30 pounds screaming "Til Valhall!!!!" to the sound of shaking spears and hammering on their shields: Beats "Allah Akbar" even on a Sunday. I wouldn't call the ones fleeing cowards. I would call them sensible.

And btw. Hell is from Helios, Greek name of the Sun, but it is also a cognate of Hel as in the Norse goddess Hel and her freezing after-death kingdom Helheim, where she sits and plans Ragnarok together with Balder and Odin and all the others who didn't die by sword, but from age, poisoning or disease and similar. There is a hotline running from Helheim to Gimli run by the squirrel skald Ratatosk (in Yggdrasil Hel is Nidhogg, the serpent biting Yggdrasil's roots) who exchange secret messages hidden in bad jokes and curses between them.

Actually real swords, even the big ones weigh less than five pounds. It's a common misconception that they are heavy. most hand and a half swords weigh/weighed less than 2 pounds.

Yes, I see I wrote 30 pounds.

Should be 3 pounds.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This thread makes me want to play skyrim again

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Well, Vikings looked foreward to death and put lots of efforts in dying with honor, which was basically to die with a sword in hand. That said, there is evidence of human sacrifices perhaps even in our most famous archeological finds, Oseberg and Gokstad. I think it's at Oseberg they found the bodies of two women that may have been a queen and her servant. They also found hemp seeds, a beautiful and fast ship that has travelled the entire world in shape of exact replicas. This ship is more than 1000 years old, so I believe the old vikings discovered more than Northern America. The Hopi speak of blue-eyed blond guys that visited them more than 1000 years ago. Who knows? The boats can certainly cross all the seas around and round every cape and out-sail any other ship around at the time.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

There is a area in Finland which has viking gene about 40% when Sweden and Norway has 35%. In this area is a town called Isokyro and one of the most intrigued place is a well of Leväluhta which once were most likely a pond but dried out in time . Well there has bubbled skulls and bones of women, children, (no mens bones ), cows, horses, chickens etc. Bones of about 52 people from a time 500-600 BC before Christianity came to North. Also one one of the artifact found was a Roman bronze kettle. Wells water is blood red.. no kidding.

More of Leväluhta ( needs translation ) LINK

And LINK also needs translating ( it is late maybe another time)
Bones are purple red and there has been lots of artifacts .. look at the pics in first link.

Sorry its late and im gonna get some sleep lol

edit on 8-11-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Well, Vikings looked foreward to death and put lots of efforts in dying with honor, which was basically to die with a sword in hand. That said, there is evidence of human sacrifices perhaps even in our most famous archeological finds, Oseberg and Gokstad. I think it's at Oseberg they found the bodies of two women that may have been a queen and her servant. They also found hemp seeds, a beautiful and fast ship that has travelled the entire world in shape of exact replicas. This ship is more than 1000 years old, so I believe the old vikings discovered more than Northern America. The Hopi speak of blue-eyed blond guys that visited them more than 1000 years ago. Who knows? The boats can certainly cross all the seas around and round every cape and out-sail any other ship around at the time.

See Here..

Evidence of Viking Outpost Found in Canada
Sharpeners may be smoking guns in quest for New World's second Viking site.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Well for Evidence for Mohawks in New York has close to Identical Longhouses as the Vikings must traveled through the St Lawrence ... It s a Must as if you Compare the Viking longhouse and the Mohawk Longhouse is Virtually the Same Structure and Set Up .

Christianity and Norse & Germanic Paganism The Holidays Like Easter and Christmas formerly ( Father Winter ) a Pagan Holiday was Stolen from The Norse & Germanic Events Yule, Eostre , Saimheim ( Halloween) Literately , Mistletoe, Nog, Feast of Both, Presents, The Xmas Tree, The Bunny Decorations Eggs, Santa Clause, is Father Winter aka as Odin bring joy to Children that are Good, with Thor along his Side. I wonder if this Pastor from the Video of what the OP Has Shown Understands this.. Ironically he's in the Land that where it all Started those Beliefs of those Christian Holidays Easter and Christmas, well Most Early Germanic Tribes Adopted those Norseman Religion's and Holidays . sjust some name changes Odin became Woden Thor became Donar etc... Pretty much like the Romans Adopted the Greek Gods ..

edit on 8-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Just to Add..
Even The Viking Hatchet and Iroquois Tomahawk is close to the same.. I think

edit on 8-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Now I am intrigued. I am part Iroquois and part Viking. Then again a lot of Americans are. Mohawks never had steel so it would be unfair to compare their hatchets to viking war axes.

Vikings were here. We all know this. They didn't persevere too well out here which is actually very strange. As far as the long houses go, this is actually a form of building that any two year old with Lincoln logs will build. It's nothing new. It's been with us all.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimus primal

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: nukedog

Perhaps I should have said Viking like people for the Danes were covered along with other tribes ,off course it is quite possible that they differed from region to region where they settled but having a document that proclaimed the rights of men may not include all men,just like the proclamation WE HOLD THESE TRUTH TO BE SELF EVIDENT THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL...certainly did not apply to the slaves those men who wrote that beautiful document owned, it was later applied to the descendants of those slaves but not at the time.

Viking slaves could buy their freedom. This is well known. A lot of people in this thread really need to do some studying.

My point was the stated goals and ideals in a society may not match the reality on the ground as the Declaration of Independence did (still a beautiful document) ,and in America slaves could and did buy their freedom.
edit on 8-11-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Yeah when I was interested in the topic yesterday my kids were pulling me into the Norsemen on skyrim and their adventure, little one playing it behind me right now.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Well not intending to derail the thread anymore than I already have, but I'm a sword and board player. Nords pull it off so well.

Also, maybe a bit closer OT, I believe the Vikings, got a lot of their techniques from the Romans.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

Now I am intrigued. I am part Iroquois and part Viking. Then again a lot of Americans are. Mohawks never had steel so it would be unfair to compare their hatchets to viking war axes.

Vikings were here. We all know this. They didn't persevere too well out here which is actually very strange. As far as the long houses go, this is actually a form of building that any two year old with Lincoln logs will build. It's nothing new. It's been with us all.

I am one of them, 25% NY Iroquois Mohawk , Canadian N Cree & White Europe.

Well not Steel, your Correct on that, tho they possibly did have Crude Iron Tomahawks I think probably among the Trades with the Chippewa . Need to do some research ..

?? Copper ...
Copper mining in Michigan
Native American mining
en.wikipedia.org...

Ancient America: Aboriginal Mining
www.dailykos.com...

Metallurgy in pre-Columbian America
en.wikipedia.org...

They Didn't Preserve Well as perhaps/ the same incident happened to the Vikings as in what Happened of the ,
The Lost Colony of Roanoke
Roanoke Colony

Well lets see The Iroquois were one of the Most Fierce N.A. on the East Coast

Had a Confederacy ( Nation ) 5 Tribes Before the White man actually Settled
Raids in long Distances 500 to 1,000 miles away
Conqueror Their Neighbor for Territory to expand
Most Militant Advanced Woodland Native Americans
Took Slaves, and had Torture Tactics

Hmm sounds Like what the Vikings Had Done, huh?

Nothing New ! ? LOL a 2nd Grader can Do Yeah OK a Little more then that LOL..

I Assume,, You don't know your Ancestral History, I Guess.. don't worrie, there is a lot that aren't either
I'm just one of the few that study of my Roots. where most could care less why The Mohawk Language is Dying in CERTAIN places .

Yeah Nothing New Just that they are Just A like . Same Identical Structure and Setup

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It shouldn't be complicated. I had a friend die a few years back in a car accident. What we did was get together with his parents after the funeral and just talked about the good times we had. That's what you should do, honor his memory

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

It shouldn't be complicated. I had a friend die a few years back in a car accident. What we did was get together with his parents after the funeral and just talked about the good times we had. That's what you should do, honor his memory

Well I've happened to lose quite a few, a handful in the last few years, and every one was mourned in a different way, so stfu and stuff it. You know about as much about losing as you do this discussion. Criticising people's way of mourning, what is this place?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

WOW, very mature. I guess I'll leave you with your way of mourning, which is to insult and ridicule people,

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind
My grandmother moved to the USA from Iceland so I'm 1/4 Icelandic and have a lot of family there. Leif Erikson brought Christianity to the Vikings 1,000 years ago. He converted to Christianity after sailing to Norway and meeting King Olaf. Then was given the mission of introducing the religion to Greenland, but on his way he got lost and ended up in Vinland. He is generally believed to be the first European to discover America, four centuries before Columbus.

Though his father rejected the Christian faith, Leif was able to convert his mother, Thjodhild, who had Greenland’s first Christian church built at Brattahild.

Actually British fishermen were the next to 'discover' America, Columbus was quite startled when he landed and a local came up to him and asked him if he had any beer, in English.
A really good book I have found on the Vikings ( actually 'Norsemen') is 'the viking' by Wahlstrom & Widstrand ISBN 91-46-19959-4 printed in 1974, so its not very up to date, but there is plenty more on the WWW.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My questions to this fundamentalist pastor are :

1. What about the people who lived before the Bible was written? They didn't have the "real" rules to live by, so are they in Hell?

2. What about a society on a lone island, no religion, and are grown up believing in fighting and killing as part of their culture. When said people die, do they go to Hell? If yes, how is that fair, they had no idea? If no, how come they're "exempt" ? Just because they didnt know about it?

I suppose my points are - they are SO many exceptions, so many inconsistencies that it only implies the Bible and Christianity, like all religions, are man-made and used as a means to control and govern people during times when we had little to no understanding of the world around us.

But since discovering sciences and maths, etc, we can learn and understand. The darkness isn't "evil" - it's just unknown. And once we learn about it, it's no longer fearful. 2000 Years ago, Ebola would have been a curse from God or some other silly demon. Now we know it's a virus and how it works and how it's transmitted. Yes, still scary but not "unknown" scary.

Unless it's religion. That is some of the scariest stuff to ever plague mankind.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Excellent post, the smarter Christians have figured this out, and if they(clergy dogma) got Hell/Grave wrong what else did they get wrong ? I would say if you made it this far, take the next natural step, and that is to investigate the Trinity.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

They Didn't Preserve Well as perhaps/ the same incident happened to the Vikings as in what Happened of the , The Lost Colony of Roanoke Roanoke Colony

Pretty Much how it may went Down ... as The Iroquois & Algonquin along the St Lawrence.. were known for the Skills of Guerrilla Warfare and Ambush...

www.youtube.com...

tho the Swedes Now have changed Roles... from their Descendants the Vikings ...

edit on 15-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Excellent post, the smarter Christians have figured this out, and if they(clergy dogma) got Hell/Grave wrong what else did they get wrong ? I would say if you made it this far, take the next natural step, and that is to investigate the Trinity.

Yup, Laz is on top of that red herring too. Check it out - you've got God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and the Seven Spirits of God. That makes nine, a trinity of trinities, and yet they are all One. Laz is either a super-trinitarian or a unitarian, can't figure out which.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join