It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One weird trick...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's not even a rant...it's just...what???

You've all seen it

Insurance companies hope drivers under 35 don't know this one weird trick

Mom in Arkansas discovers the secret to dieting by using this one weird trick

What is the friggin weird trick!!!!

I obviously know it's a scam but I think the ad works...I don't want the product...I just want to know what the weird trick is

I don't want to even click the link because I am afraid my credit card will magically get stolen or my PC will come down with space-ebola

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Don't forget the ones about celebrities before they got their teeth fixed and how that 65 year old woman looks 25... The secret they don't want you to know.

Oh... And the one where you can see the embarrassing police records of those in your area.

No... Don't click on it. It won't cause an apocalypse but it will teleport you into the dreaded hamster wheel of dumbassery where you will spend 10 minutes of your life trying to figure out how you got to where you are and how you're going to get back.

Don't do it.

edit on 11/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Space ebola and hamster wheels of dumbassery, this is a good thread.
I have always wondered about this ad as well, wish there was actually something to it.

Wow, speak of the devil!
Just got a very similar ad here after I posted

edit on thFri, 07 Nov 2014 00:06:35 -0600America/Chicago1120143580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Create 10000's of online ads for MILLIONS of "quality products" (read: snake oil) with a single advertising slogan with THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK...

I think you know what I'm getting at

Have you noticed that the images for THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK ("OWT") are also auto-filled by whatever viral images are floating around the nets at the time?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

The weird, secret trick is the conning of people into falling for their advertisements.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So its not about a working class girls expose .My bad

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Space ebola and hamster wheels of dumbassery, this is a good thread.
I have always wondered about this ad as well, wish there was actually something to it.

Wow, speak of the devil!
Just got a very similar ad here after I posted

hey...you better recognize space ebola is the real threat

I can however help you avoid space ebola with this one weird trick

((offer void on planet Earth))

Back on topic...if there really is one

I googled "one weird trick"

the best I got was some convoluted micro essay just stating "it's a scam"

Well no crap! But what is the friggin trick!!!
edit on 7-11-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Don't forget the ones about celebrities before they got their teeth fixed and how that 65 year old woman looks 25... The secret they don't want you to know.

Oh... And the one where you can see the embarrassing police records of those in your area.

No... Don't click on it. It won't cause an apocalypse but it will teleport you into the dreaded hamster wheel of dumbassery where you will spend 10 minutes of your life trying to figure out how you got to where you are and how you're going to get back.

Don't do it.

I also love the ones with the "Local Girls In Your Area"

no kidding...I was in North Dakota and this rather attractive brunette wanted to meet me....I mean ME! I was married so I declined...but then no kidding

I moved back to Chicago and this woman MOVED BACK WITH ME!!! I mean doesn't she take a hint?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I hear ya...

These damn stupid ads annoy the hell out of me. Then you get the ones that are very similar but the picture is a gif or something so it moves a little every few seconds to catch your attention.

They're everywhere....arrrghhhh!!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Literally lol. Stalkeratti for sure. On the bright side, it takes dedication for someone to follow you across country. Maybe they deserve another look based on that alone.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The answer to the trick is simple. It is right here. Just send me $29.95 and you too can know how it works. How, you ask? Well, you were just part of the secret. Oh, you want something more that only Mr. Snidly knows. Yeah, that doesn't exist. Well, it does and it is called marketing.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

ok but my credit card is Visa...that ok?

top topics

join