It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Ben Carson: First Republican to Throw His Hat in 2016 Ring

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: beezzer

Beezzer, just because I don't have the worshipful attitude toward Dr. Carson that you have, doesn't mean I "hate him" or really, that I don't "like" him.

Overreact much? Jeez. Do you feel like politics should be a popularity contest then, rather than looking at where candidates stand (or vacillate) on the issues?

I have only brought up information directly from the man's mouth, or from direct interviews.

I'm glad you're grown clear on your "anti-left" obsession. The rather wishy-washy "I'll criticize anyone I think is wrong" stance rings hollow when it's overwhelmingly one "side" that is always wrong in your book.

Right, Carson is the ONLY politician with character, ethics and values, yet, he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to stand up for his convictions that marriage equality is equivalent to bestiality? That gun rights are fine so long no one is "getting mowed down in the streets?"

Lordy, even I, leftist-communist-progressive that I am, don't use such extreme comparisons.

We're all giving our opinions on the subject, Beezzer.

Sorry you can't deal with any but your own. (Not.)

LOL LOL LOL

Change the name to Obama and you'd be talking about yourself.

Good one Gryphon.

The only reason you hate him with such ferocity that is seen in your posts is because

he is a conservative

and you hate, loathe, despise especially Republicans, I have seen you say or imply this in many posts on many threads.

Give the guy a chance will you?

Just because he is Republican is really the only reason you are ripping on him really. We can all see the venom behind your words. It is a regular and I must admire, quite constant ideological stance that you take 100% of the time.
Have to give it to you, you are consistent.

Anyway, I think Ben would make a fantastic President and am all for him. I think have nuanced stances based on the questions and overall tone of the questioning is a sign of true intelligence and character.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: xuenchen

What an amazingly vague and empty answer, as always, Xuenchen!

Has Dr. Carson ever gone into detail on what he considers the "Marxist Agenda" ... or does he, like most Republicans, use the term as a code phrase for "Democrats."

LOL.

Does it matter?

We all get it. You won't vote for him. You don't like him. You hate him. But the more the left hates this guy, the more I like him simply because that ideology appears to be afraid of him. For that reason alone, I'd volunteer to work on his campaign.

And as for inconsistancies, he's human, doesn't know how to talk in sound bites. Instead, he has character, ethics, values.

Something that is missing in all current politicians.

*meh*

You gave your opinion on the subject, I gave mine.

Pick up your trophy.

Well, sure, it's probably because he's a black man who doesn't fit into the expected black man mold of the left. He's a "race traitor uncle tom" or somesuch.

Regardless, I disagree with his stated stance on gun control. That, in and of itself, has lost him my vote. If he wins the primary, however, I'd vote for him over Hillary.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You hate him. But the more the left hates this guy, the more I like him simply because that ideology appears to be afraid of him. For that reason alone, I'd volunteer to work on his campaign.

That is moronic.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Beezzer, just because I don't have the worshipful attitude toward Dr. Carson that you have, doesn't mean I "hate him" or really, that I don't "like" him.

Who said I worshipped him?

Overreact much? Jeez. Do you feel like politics should be a popularity contest then, rather than looking at where candidates stand (or vacillate) on the issues?

Cry me a river, I spent years calling Obama on his policies only to be called a racist for years.

I have only brought up information directly from the man's mouth, or from direct interviews.

And your point?

I'm glad you're grown clear on your "anti-left" obsession. The rather wishy-washy "I'll criticize anyone I think is wrong" stance rings hollow when it's overwhelmingly one "side" that is always wrong in your book.

Now who is putting words in others mouths? You a word-dentist? A word-orthodontist?

Right, Carson is the ONLY politician with character, ethics and values, yet, he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to stand up for his convictions that marriage equality is equivalent to bestiality? That gun rights are fine so long no one is "getting mowed down in the streets?"

Gee, in your world politicians must be perfect! Got an example of one?

Lordy, even I, leftist-communist-progressive that I am, don't use such extreme comparisons.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We're all giving our opinions on the subject, Beezzer.

That's all I ever do.

Sorry you can't deal with any but your own. (Not.)

Not all of us can be a perfect as you, but we try.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You hate him. But the more the left hates this guy, the more I like him simply because that ideology appears to be afraid of him. For that reason alone, I'd volunteer to work on his campaign.

That is moronic.

I know. I actually have that in my drivers license.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

WORSHIPFULNESS: Oh please, you sound like a school-kid talking about his-or-her first crush in their "Dear Diary." You jump down my throat because I dared to actually quote what the man said and whine that therefore I "hate" him or don't "like" him.

YOUR TAKE ON OBAMA: Well, if it walks like a racist and talks like a racist ...

QUOTES FROM CARSON: No, let's not listen to what the man says or doesn't say, let's just talk about what we feel about him, and how gooey he makes us feel inside. Goodness knows we shouldn't use any objective criteria to make decision, like you know, what he says and claims to be true.

YOUR NON-PARTISANISM: No one has to put words into your mouth, Beezzer. You're more than capable of clearly demonstrating your biases time after time, you just tend not to own up to them, when it's rhetorically inconvenient.

PERFECT POLITICIANS IN MY WORLD: Never said it, never hinted at it ... where did your get your dentistry degree then? LOL.

PERFECT AS ME: Never said it, don't think it. But apparently, you don't put any stock in what people actually say or don't say, or waffle on, or change their minds about, or evolve on, because as long as you can make some tired half-baked joke about it and try to elude the issue, you're good, huh?

Bleh.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I like Carson, he's level headed, calm and smart. Thanks for the good news.

With those qualities, he has no chance of becoming POTUS. You must be shrewd, dishonest, and an egomaniac to be in that position.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I thought you were a libertarian dude? Ben here is certainly is not a libertarian. He just a plain old run of the the mill conservative.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
2 years of this.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Glad to see you're up and about grandma?

You're free to quote any place I've EVER praised President Obama, much less worshiped him.

Go ahead; we'll wait.

Show us something that suggests to any reasonable person from my own words that I "HATE" Dr. Carson.

Again, waiting on you.

Apparently, you can't take reasonable disagreement and objective criticism about your political views or the heroes you try to drape them off of without trying to say that I or anyone else "hate" your object of affection.

You want to grind a personal axe with me, do it in U2U; it's frankly out of place in a topical discussion.

I've quoted the man. I've cited interviews with the man.

Sorry if the simple facts conflict with your deeply-held beliefs.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I like Carson, he's level headed, calm and smart. Thanks for the good news.

With those qualities, he has no chance of becoming POTUS. You must be shrewd, dishonest, and an egomaniac to be in that position.

Well played, Sir.

Dr. Carson: Pros: intelligent, articulate, skilled, calm in a crisis (he's a friggin' brain surgeon for Crissake), not a professional politician, not a lawyer.

Cons: Gun control, does believe in some sort of socialized medicine, and I wish he'd leave the same old social issues alone. I would be nice to have a candidate that said, "I don't care if gays get married or not."
edit on 7-11-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I thought you were a libertarian dude? Ben here is certainly is not a libertarian. He just a plain old run of the the mill conservative.

My first quote in the thread. . .

"I really admire Dr. Carson. His achievements, his outlook. Another big plus?

He is not a lawyer.

Until someone better comes along, Dr. Carson has my vote."

I don't march lock-step like some. Plus, I tend to support those that raise the ire of others. That's why I'm a big fan of Sarah Palin also.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well if he admits he is against Gay marriage but will still uphold the law if it is passed, that would go a long way in my opinion. He's being honest at least and we haven't seen that in a whole lot of abundance in DC for quite a while.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I think what scares people the most is his honesty, people tend to like it when politicians lie to them.

If you like your Dr. you can keep them comes to mind and look how many people believed that lie, twice.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
On the contrary to some of the opinionated responses here, to me, Dr. Carson is in some ways quite fascinating.

Literally a world-class PEDIATRIC neurosurgeon, my little initial, ill-considered jests to the wayside, performed the first separation of twins conjoined at the head.

And he wants to be in POLITICS? Awesome. Smart and articulate? Wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Awesome.

Then I found out that he's an evolution-denier. Even the Pope accepts evolution as reasonable scientific fact.

(And please for the sake of the thread, let's not argue evolution here, PUH-leeze.)

I'm sure some of you don't have a problem with his religious-belief-based stance on certain subjects, but a fundamental element for me is a individual's stance on science. I can even take a bit of religion, as long as reasonability rules.

I just don't see that from Dr. Carson, and that's an absolute (not to mention, paradoxical) shame.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't vote for him because of his positions on the issues:

~He thinks women's reproduction is the government's business.
~He thinks who people choose to marry is the government's business and has likened homosexuality to pedophilia.
~He thinks whether motorcyclists wear helmets or not is the government's business.
~He thinks whether people smoke pot or not is the government's business. (He NEVER wants legalization)
~He wants to lengthen terms for the House of Representatives.
~He stupidly said that ObamaCare is the worst thing since slavery.
~He thinks poor people should just have a health savings account. It teaches them responsibility (which they clearly don't have because they're poor, right?) And surely they have extra money to put into an account... No one's THAT poor, right?
~His religion is a large part of his governance strategy and he thinks God belongs in the public sphere.
~He has no problem with the wealthy taking advantage of loopholes and opposes higher taxes for them.
~He thinks charities should provide for the needy, not the government.
~He is against a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
~He doesn't want to prioritize green energy!

There are a couple issues I agree with him on, but not enough to vote for him.

Ben Carson On the Issues

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: Kali74

Well if he admits he is against Gay marriage but will still uphold the law if it is passed, that would go a long way in my opinion. He's being honest at least and we haven't seen that in a whole lot of abundance in DC for quite a while.

And that's a valid point. Too many people get wrapped up on insisting that some one agrees with them and celebrates their choices. I don't care if you like me or not, just follow the law.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I dont like him as he seems a social conservative.

I like my politicians Fiscal conservative and socially Liberal

The government should NOT interfere in peoples life's and decisions unless its a danger to others.

Nope me no like...

Of cause I dont get a vote but what goes in the USA tends to come over here in the UK.

I want a libertarian president.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Gryphon66

I dont like him as he seems a social conservative.

I like my politicians Fiscal conservative and socially Liberal

The government should NOT interfere in peoples life's and decisions unless its a danger to others.

Nope me no like...

Of cause I dont get a vote but what goes in the USA tends to come over here in the UK.

I want a libertarian president.

I can swing with that.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I wouldn't vote for him because of his positions on the issues:

~He thinks who people choose to marry is the government's business and has likened homosexuality to pedophilia.

~He thinks whether motorcyclists wear helmets or not is the government's business.

~He thinks whether people smoke pot or not is the government's business. (He NEVER wants legalization)
~He wants to lengthen terms for the House of Representatives.

~His religion is a large part of his governance strategy and he thinks God belongs in the public sphere.

~He has no problem with the wealthy taking advantage of loopholes and opposes higher taxes for them.

Those are my key issues with him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join