It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Settling on a Concealed Carry Handgun: Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
I don't want to seem like a nazi with gun terms, but your pistols accept magazines, not clips. Clips were used in older weapons like the M1 Garand.

Many here will already know who this is, but for those that don't, check out his other videos. Here's a great video demonstrating the differences between mags and clips:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
A concealed gun is much more likely to be used against you in a crime before you'll get a chance to shoot the perp.

Most criminals will never use guns, unless they are used first against them.

If you carry a gun, you're SIX TIMES more likely to be shot during commission of a crime, nearly ALWAYS by your own gun.

If you wanna be a hero, that's you're business, but make damn sure someone doesn't pull a bigger gun than yours out, and remember, hardened criminals are likely to be much more trained and willing to use their gun than you.

Ugh. it had to happen sooner or later. A lefty antigunner puking crackpot data. HuffPo is one browser over, friend.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The best weapon for concealed carry? You gentlemen have given me a lot to think about. Just to stir the pot I'll through in my two cents worth.
I have been collecting and shooting now for just over fifty years, (first was 22 rifle at the tender age of seven), with about every weapon known to modern man. I can tell you with complete confidence, there is no one perfect hand gun for all occasions.
I live in East Tennessee, so we have a real change of seasons. What works in the hot, humid, summer with slacks or shorts, will be lost in the winter under a heavy coat with gloves. I have four pistols out of a collection of more than fifty, that I carry regularly.
First for summer, that means shorts or light slacks, with a polo or T shirt and no jacket. I have selected a Ruger LCP in 380 ACP as my go to summer gun. It's small, compact, reliable with any ammo I have tried, and lite enough to carry in my pocket or an ankle holster.
Fall means cooler weather here in Knoxville, so boots, jeans and vest are common. Boots equal no ankle holster right off, and a vest means inner pockets. Inner pockets lets me switch up to another old friend, my Colt Agent snub nose in 38spl. It's lite, small, and being a revolver never jammes, and I can fire a perfect score with it at 10 yards. For over a hundred years a 38 wheel gun has protected America, I figure it can do the same for me. Not to get off track, but maybe if our local LEO's went back to a six shot wheel gun, they wouldn't shoot at an unarmed suspect 47 times.

The winter brings it on special problems. Winter equals cold as a witches tit, sorry witches no offense. Heavy coats, zipped up with a hat and gloves. Cold weather gloves are a curse to a shooter with a small gun. Your finger won't fit in the trigger guard without putting pressure on the trigger, and if you are nervous or frightened, well Boom, disaster. In the winter I change to a heaver H&K USP compact for the larger trigger guard. In .40 caliber it's powerful, reliable, has a hammer, and a safety. So it meet my needs.
When concealed isn't a problem I carry my battered ole Ed Brown commander in .45ACP. Not because I have a reason, it just feels comforting in my hand.
Well that my thoughts. Practice often with what you carry, until you are comfortable, and can hit your target every time. Practice in the rain, when it cold, in low light, and when you are tired. In real life you don't get to schedule a fight. Oh, one last thing, have fun with it.
Keep your knife sharp and your power dry.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

This thread is not about WHICH is best. Quite the opposite if youll read the original OP. Its about whatever one carries...is it better to stay with one and proficiency and confidence developed with that one preferred weapon...as opposed to occasionally carrying a different one.

The issue is Im comfortable, confident and proficient with one...so Ive begun to not even carry the other at all.

I tried to be specific here and not discuss makes, calibers, semis-revolvers...just the single preference over more that one, and is it better to be specific and singular in your choices.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
derp

edit on 0820141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Nickn3

The issue is Im comfortable, confident and proficient with one...so Ive begun to not even carry the other at all.

You answered your own question. Carry one. Avoid confusion.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Yes...I know I did...and I do carry one....but asked if others did as well and shared that opinion. You misunderstood the question

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Jesus Christ reading these threads make me want to kiss the ground of my homeland in appreciation that I don't live in the US. Gawd what a terrible existence, having to live in a constant state of caution that a gunfight might breakout at any minute. Lol, how the hell is that "freedom"?

The laughable thing is that you people would choose not relinquishing any amount of your precious "right to bear arms" over having your country be a place where ridiculous levels of gun violence isn't the norm.

Lol...Americans

edit on 24upm11America/Chicagopm5239America/Chicago by duaneology because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

Lol

This isn't a gun control discussion

FDR put my response best. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

If I woke up every morning and had to seriously ponder which concealed gun is best for me in case of being attacked I'd move.

Nice country

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join