It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster Storm Heading Towards Alaska This Weekend- Near Record Low Pressure System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wind has definitely picked up, I don't know any real numbers but it feels like sustained 10 gusts of 25mph. Located in Palmer, AK. Trying to get contact with family out in Dutch. Trees are starting to break now.
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: safetymeeting

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how things were going on over there. Hope some more people check in.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Grandma checked in, she doesn't seem phased by any of it. My grandpa flew to anchorage no pr
a reply to: StoutBroux

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Grandma checked in, she doesn't seem phased by any of it. My grandpa flew to anchorage no problem so that's good. Wind is still increasing here
a reply to: StoutBroux

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: safetymeeting
Wind has definitely picked up, I don't know any real numbers but it feels like sustained 10 gusts of 25mph. Located in Palmer, AK. Trying to get contact with family out in Dutch. Trees are starting to break now.
a reply to: rickymouse

I knew someone from Palmer Michigan that moved up to Palmer Alaska. I guess there a few from the UP living up there in Palmer AK. I don't know how big a town Palmer AK is, but it has to be bigger than Palmer MI.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
OMG! what about the Deadliest catch guys??!!!

This is the first thing I thought of.......I hope they are filming so we can see this storm in a series. They are nuts and many will go fishing anyways.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here in Kenai everyone has been joking "I wouldn't mind a storm like this more often"! As we have had nothing more than an unseasonably warm breeze. I did hear on the radio that winds are supposed to pick up today.

I'm sure the Aleutians are getting the worst of this. I however have not yet seen a glimpse of this supposed storm of all times

edit on 12-11-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join