It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomoly. I think I found something interesting.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'd say the more interesting thing about this panorama is the sand dune peak in the middle. Look's suspicious when zoomed in, in my opinion it appears to not fit the surrounding environment properly
edit on 7/11/2014 by constant_thought because: typo

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Many interesting things in this pic, we need a resident geologist to explain all these things.

Somthing I saw but do not have time to post a pic but could someone have a look ?

About 25% across from left to right there is a large boulder on top of the dune, go down about 80% and very slightly to the right.

There is a rock with a very dark shadow on top, it almost looks like it has been bent or folded?

I'm not saying it's not a rock but it just looks a little un natural?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UnstoppableDestroyer

This was posted last year I think but I can't find the thread , here's a crop I did for that thread.

From memory I think ArMap showed the handle isn't part of the object but I found it an interesting object.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

It just looks totally out of place to me too.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This was posted last year I think but I can't find the thread

Wrong , it was posted in Feb this year and I've found the thread.

From memory I think ArMap showed the handle isn't part of the object

Wrong , it was lemmin that showed it was a rock and the odd look was due to perspective of the picture.
Another anomaly from Mars - this time it is a Leg

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

This was posted last year I think but I can't find the thread

Wrong , it was posted in Feb this year and I've found the thread.

From memory I think ArMap showed the handle isn't part of the object

Wrong , it was lemmin that showed it was a rock and the odd look was due to perspective of the picture.
Another anomaly from Mars - this time it is a Leg

I'm glad you put yourself right on that, that showed you!! 😉

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UnstoppableDestroyer

Strange Find! There are also some other oddities in the Larger Source Image! Good Thread. Thanx for the Share!
Syx.
edit on 7-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I've ran the image through error analysis and it checks out okay there, but it's not difficult to overcome the software. It was the first odd thing I noticed about the image, the "cat" i think can be passed off as simple geology but that dune... hmm

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
This is an older picture of a rock (it was later filmed from another angle and its rockiness was evident - no handle on top), and at the time of its 'discovery' earlier this year was a very prominent image not only on ATS but on other internet sites, including youtube.

At least you mentioned that it "looked" like a handle on the object seems like most people didn't even notice.
I love that whole area it is full of fascinating things, like the boat shape. We will never know anything until we stop getting blurred images imo.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Gortex, when you were looking, did you also come across a thread about the strange circle of stones down...to the right...on the cusp of the 'dune...from 'the leg'?

I think this stone circle is a very interesting formation and is shown (from another angle) here:
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I didn't find the thread but I do remember seeing the circle , it does strike me as odd but that whole area is full of odd.

ETA
Here's a better view of it on an interactive picture of Curiosity’s View from the Dingo Gap Sand Dune , it looks as if it was formed in water to me.
The circle is to the right of the upper blocked out piece of the picture , you can zoom into it quite closely as its relativly near the rover.
www.universetoday.com...

edit on 7-11-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Gortex, I found something strange at the link of Dingo Gap Sand Dune which you posted. If you follow the top edge of the sand dune all the way to the right, there is a large upright rock just off to left in the background, zoom in under that rock, what do you think it looks like ?
edit on 8-11-2014 by Cundellini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Is it just my eyes or is there a strange object in this picture from the link provided by gortex in his post above ?

What do you think ?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Cundellini

That's a fun look-alike (looks like a small ornate statue-head, with nice head adornment) that I don't remember anyone posting before. It's a rock of course, not a real statue, yet some of the fun in exploring Mars rover pics is finding these optical-illusions. If I were on Mars I'd wander over to it for a look.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
That quite clearly looks just like a coffee cup I used to have….now that I see it up close in the member's post who has blown the picture up, it looks exactly like that coffee cup, which was purchased at a marina in S. Carolina just passing through on a road trip…..

When looking harder at the picture, it becomes obvious that above that is a wavy line going all the way to where it ends at the top of the left side of the picture. To the left of the wavy line, is unmistakenly (to my eye, at least) complete with sunlight glinting off it, water. So the logical explanation is that's a levy wall (the fruit juice I'm drinking suddenly started smelling fishy)…just going by the shape it spells out in the pic (that of an S curve.) Now inspecting it again, to the right side looks like water, as well. There's a jetty in Florida, both one in Destin and in Panama City, that look a lot like that shape jutting out into the water, as jetties tend to do (sorry about the sarcasm; it's late or early, depending on your perspective.)

No need to go much further: the pic is photoshopped.
tetra50

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
nah, its just a rock........

a reply to: tetra50

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cundellini
Is it just my eyes or is there a strange object in this picture from the link provided by gortex in his post above ?

What do you think ?

Strange object???? Which one, exactly? All the aligator "rocks" or the apparently buried "levee posts?" or which "strange" thing, exactly? And don't try telling me that this is some kind of friggin obvious sign of a nuclear explosion on "mars," etc., IT'S QUITE CLEARLY A PHOTOSHOPPED AND BUILT PICTURE. And it isn't friggin' mars, either.
And you just joined, right? Which sock account just joined? How about that, instead. Is it more likely proof of a former nuclear exploded "earth," or is it more likely and logically a photoshopped picture?

Which sock account wants to answer that question for the whole internet….
Hmmmm?
n.m.
LOLOLOLOL
I'm only surprised the turtle in the pic isn't wearing sunglasses, or wait……did you want a vegamite sandwich, or just a mite sandwich?
edit on 9-11-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2014 by tetra50 because: mites; they do absolutely everything around here, didn't you know? Don't be nasty when you reply. It's not nice to be unkind to the mentally ill….

edit on 9-11-2014 by tetra50 because: mental illness

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The new member is pointing to a small rock that looks like an Asian statue-head, almost Buddhist in nature. It is one of the look-alikes on Mars. There is a whole zoo of look-alike rocks that look like animals, and heads are a dime a half-dozen (inflation). The photo isn't photoshopped, this was on Curiosity's travels from several months ago. Following the progress of the Rover is a blessing, and a curse (tip of the hat to Mr. Monk).

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

The new member is pointing to a small rock that looks like an Asian statue-head, almost Buddhist in nature. It is one of the look-alikes on Mars. There is a whole zoo of look-alike rocks that look like animals, and heads are a dime a half-dozen (inflation). The photo isn't photoshopped, this was on Curiosity's travels from several months ago. Following the progress of the Rover is a blessing, and a curse (tip of the hat to Mr. Monk).

I will repeat, which is more logical and believable, that someone is lying, or that's Mars, with alligator rocks, I mean, heads all over the place, a rock turtle standing right there in front, as well, as several other "rock" turtles, one that's actually bending over,"turtle" mooning someone…..

Or, that this is a photoshopped picture?

Okay, so what's the explanation, for everything clearly visible in that picture, all the "rock" animal heads, several seeming statues of various things….it's more believeable and logical that this is another Earth, seen after a very big, totally obliterating, in fact, explosion…..

Hmmm. What's more logical, or does that even matter, anymore?
tetra
edit on 9-11-2014 by tetra50 because: spelling because of the spell, that's a real curse

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Good eyes and imagination, I think I see the turtles you mention. When looking at rocks on Mars there are bound to be many things that look like other things (our memories and brains want to make everything familiar if they can, so as to recognize the unfamiliar -- leopard!!! -- when it wanders into view.

Have you ever looked or posted on the Mars anomaly thread (linked in my sig)? It could use another skeptical voice, and then you may be surprised at some of the things that have emerged (I wonder if some science group will eventually look at and read the entire thread, which is reaching a good epic size just as the good stuff is about to happen). If you want to explore some of the new pics, the link to their downloading is in my sig, it's the ! in the Mars item.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join