It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival....a survey.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

This isn't a result of us suddenly becoming "preppers", it is the way the folks in our area do things. Even if we don't grow all our own food, we take advantage of the local Farmers' Market to buy in bulk locally produced food and preserve it for later. It's not rocket science, it's just plain, old-fashioned common sense.

For you, maybe. I live in Urban Sprawl. Here we have common ignorance.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Stockpiling, in and of itself, will only help one survive a bit longer.

To TRULY survive, you must have REPLENISH-ABLE sources of water and food. Without that, your days are numbered (literally).

While we do some stockpiling also, our main efforts in prepping are aimed at having replenish-able sources for needed things. Surviving though, just isn't enough. I want to actually maintain a certain quality of life too.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok hullo mate, I wondered when you were going to show up. post SHTF the most required preps outside of your stockpile will be SKILLS and the KNOWLEDGE to use those skills. most preppers haven't got a stockpile big enough to last the rest of their lives, if they did they'd need a castle not an ordinary house, at some point those stores will be exhausted/used up, then you need to fall back on your skills and knowledge, without those nobody will survive no matter how big a stockpile they've got.

edit on 7-11-2014 by bigpaul because: spelling.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join