It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The The Illuminatus! Trilogy By Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea is a valuable read for anyone interested in the folklore of what has become known as the Illuminati.

The trilogy is a satirical, postmodern, science fiction-influenced adventure story; a drug-, sex-, and magic-laden trek through a number of conspiracy theories, both historical and imaginary, related to the authors' version of the Illuminati. The narrative often switches between third and first person perspectives and jumps around in time. It is thematically dense, covering topics like counterculture, numerology, and Discordianism.

Much of the modern conspiracy theory surrounding this organization stem from this book.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
The The Illuminatus! Trilogy By Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea is a valuable read for anyone interested in the folklore of what has become known as the Illuminati.

The trilogy is a satirical, postmodern, science fiction-influenced adventure story; a drug-, sex-, and magic-laden trek through a number of conspiracy theories, both historical and imaginary, related to the authors' version of the Illuminati. The narrative often switches between third and first person perspectives and jumps around in time. It is thematically dense, covering topics like counterculture, numerology, and Discordianism.

Much of the modern conspiracy theory surrounding this organization stem from this book.

These novel will guide you in the correct direction. That is, if the correct direction involves being misled countless times to the point that there is so much spiritual /polar warfare happening. ... in your head, you literally forget the wisdom bestowed upon you. Everyone has their own path of Illumination, but in conclusion, You Will KNOW instantaneously if the Spirit Wills to lead you along your path, and by intense emotional and psychological pain, you become numb to those things that do not serve the higher purpose. In a sense, you will literally lose your mind and people will indirectly suggest hospitalization. Although, if you summon the strength and mental resolve to continue with the Path, you can then overcome anything because you have conquered your Self. And once you reach that moment of satisfaction with yourself. .. there is no feeling like it. It is akin to immortality. With that being said, once you reach the peak of the mountain, you must realize the climb only just begun.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
All of the answers are broke up and spread threw out religions, mythology/ancient monuments/carvings, science and math etc, where one contradicts the other, the answer can be found in either experiances/documents or in one of the many types or subject of knowledge we have...
Read about the stories of the beautiful white light, as one of these gods appeared then look into what's happening today with the bright swirls in the sky..
The tale of Lillian and Lucifer was interesting I could write a book with the conclusion I have based on my research.
Scientific universe theories and the fact that they found New evidence supporting multiple universes and possibly space travel is another good start not aliens.
The key to the knowlege is language, even if a word means something in English like Lillian for instance translate it to more than just English try Hebrew, and Egyptians Mayans.. words can have different meanings.. this woman was so much more than just Lillian she was even thought to be the first eve in MANY religions, but the carvings speak a story that is bizarre yet down right against all laws of nature!! a puzzle piece might seem like one thing but until the connected pieces are met then truth isn't clear, there is a reason Jesus taught us the way he did and the knowlege had to be hidden it is the bizzare truth of what really happened who the giants were the beasts! ...
yes the illuminati is corrupting as many as they can for their new world after earth flips over recycling and starting new.but that is not the picture aliens are not the truth, but the space ships are real, and I think some of the old carvings are not just of planes but of submarines as well & that the carvings of weird a space suit man, is also sometimes a water suit.. "the green man" is who I perceive to resemble on the middle of the mayan calander. Its complicated and seems incoherent but language is the key, if you don't know the language then your perception of everything is self based-self taught never trying to understand more...you cannot comprehend it unless you learn, each subject study has a language. find where the language of different beliefs are the same just expressed differently and it will make sense I promise it makes perfect sense however you have to learn more than just one language to have the full coherent story... the answers are there it's almost like the government is laughing in our face for not seeing it. Its plain as day?
edit on 6-12-2014 by AnnaMarie52k10 because: correcting

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think that the "Illuminati" is a boogyman. If you do any research on who runs the world, you will eventually be reading on the illuminati. This is a group that is entangled into every aspect of our lives. They control everything and have always controlled everything. So of you believe that, then your left feeling small and inferior to those that do and always have controlled the earth, so don't mess with them, Right?

Wrong! These guys are a bunch of alcoholics who bleed just as easy as you and me. They are scared out of their wits and everything they do is based on their fear of losing power. It would be easy to defeat them if those that didn't know would open their eyes and those that do, stop calling them the Illuminati. It makes them sound comic book and evil should not be given a name. What ever name printed on the court documents when they are arrested is the only names they should go by.

That's my 3 cents.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
1) What do you think are some of the BIGGEST misconceptions about the Illuminati?

The biggest misconception has to be the name ''Illuminati'' itself, it has been defiled and slandered so much that it has now lost its meaning multiple times over and has actually been working in the favor of the powers that be.

The second biggest misconception is probably their strength and the amount of power they have, WE are giving them that power. Even though it might seem like this all pervasive omnipotent structure of control, they are just humans like you and I.

2) Do you believe in its existence? Why or why not?

I do, I believe in a force that is manipulating the strings attached to constructs of control in most parts of the world.
Whether this force consists of secret societies, bankers, politicians, oligarchies or simply rich people doesn't really matter because when you start focusing on one of these things you lose sight of the bigger picture, you can't see the forest for the trees. This seems to be a common pitfall for ''researchers'' because there is a lot of intentional and unintentional disinformation on the subject (Think of symbolism in the entertainment industry or conspiracy theories based on assumptions).

As soon as you take a step back, knowing the goals these forces are aspiring towards, knowing what their footsteps look like, you realize they have been hiding in plain sight. But most often you will find them in the fine prints of seemingly benevolent treaties and other forms of international agreements, or the art present in monuments all over the world.

It is tough to believe in this ''force'' because there never seems to be anyone to blame except ourselves, and more often than not we are being made to ask for the things they so eagerly give us.
The conspiracy theorists mostly point their fingers at the puppets who are simply unaware of the fact that they are being manipulated, these people always think they are doing an honest job and to the untrained eye, it seems like they are.
Even the puppet masters probably do not see what they are doing as evil, no one is 100% evil.

It is always something positive that comes with an even greater negative.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The ones we think of as the "Illuminati" are nothing more than a stabilizing force in this world. Without them most people would still be fighting tribal wars over hunting grounds and mating rights.

An individual is the shepherd, the masses are sheep. Though they create chaos to introduce an iron-fisted solution every time, they truly do mean the best. Just right now it seems like they're intent on keeping us sick, diseased, divided, angry and hopeless.

In the long run the pain will be overshadowed by pleasure in such vast amounts the human mind cannot comprehend it.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
The ones we think of as the "Illuminati" are nothing more than a stabilizing force in this world. Without them most people would still be fighting tribal wars over hunting grounds and mating rights.

An individual is the shepherd, the masses are sheep. Though they create chaos to introduce an iron-fisted solution every time, they truly do mean the best. Just right now it seems like they're intent on keeping us sick, diseased, divided, angry and hopeless.

In the long run the pain will be overshadowed by pleasure in such vast amounts the human mind cannot comprehend it.

Do the ends really justify the means though?

Sometimes it might seem this way, like we actually need them, but do you really think they do the things they do with the progression of the species in mind (IMO they see this more as an excuse than anything else), instead of their own personal profits?

Again, they might, but i am sure their definition of progression is different than mine in the sense that they want us to be complacently peaceful (controllable) no matter how grey and dumbed down we become, while my idea involves reaching peace using morals, intelligence and critical thinking. I haven't seen them promoting any of these things.

After the supposed chaos, will their ensuing iron-fist rule bring us willing peace and happiness, or just controlled peace?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skaffa

Depends on whether or not you believe the "Illuminati" are truly evil, old warmongers who want that.

Perhaps they're used as a distraction/public fall guys who are used with the illusion of vast wealth and control.

The "Illuminati" is a distraction, the big names who control nations are just players, playing their part.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

1: There are so many misconceptions it is difficult to single any out.. Maybe the biggest is the perceived connection to the original group.

2: Yes, I feel they exist due to personal experience.

Should be an interesting story.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Depends on whether or not you believe the "Illuminati" are truly evil, old warmongers who want that.

Well in my earlier reply to the OP i mentioned that no one is 100% evil, and TPTB probably see the things they do as ''good'', but they seem to follow the philosophy of Nietzsche which i don´t particularly agree with. Do you?

Perhaps they're used as a distraction/public fall guys who are used with the illusion of vast wealth and control.

The "Illuminati" is a distraction, the big names who control nations are just players, playing their part.

That is what we are talking about, not the distraction, but the actual players, and not the parts they play, but the whole they are trying to form. I am simply asking you if you really believe this ''whole'' will be beneficial to the masses, and if so, how?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I agree that they're a stabilizing force and currently they're using the entire "evil rulers" as a big distraction. I agree with their philosophy towards a better world. I don't agree with the ones who have used it to profit off of and control others.

The ones the public believes are actual players are part of the distraction. You really think people as human as the Rothschilds and Rockefellers (who are more human than we believe and as such are subject to vanity, pride, greed, etc) really run this? They do not. They are the "public arm" of the agenda, using their wealth and "power" to publicly control.

They play their part, they play it very well. The whole will be ultimately beneficial.

A child burns himself the first time he runs into fire. But from that encounter he will remember fire is dangerous and hurtful. Thus he will never be burned by the fire again. What I'm getting at is from pain will be pleasure. A little pain is needed in order to know what good is, and how to avoid the bad in the future.

To add: The tools to enlightenment are not hidden. They present them to the public along with other information. It's up to us to first perceive it, recognize it for what it is and put said tools to proper use. There is no point in spoon feeding every bit of knowledge to people, because then they won't ever truly understand what it is. They won't delve into its inner workings, they'll just accept it as fact and barely give it a second thought.

Knowledge without understanding the concept behind knowledge is essentially ignorance.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I have often entertained this idea, that maybe these forces ARE in it for the greater good, orchestrating the world in such a way as to give us exactly what we need to stay balanced and slowly progress towards a more sustainable and peaceful society.
Maybe all the ''bad'' they leave behind is really meant to educate us. After all, a purely peaceful world might be impossible, for without darkness there is no true light, the two are symbiotic and will always try to balance each other out.

Of course a true puppet master will never be a public figure, even their ''public arms'' will most likely know little about them, but can anything really be known about these forces? What gives you the reason to believe they even exist? Or to say that they might be less human? What else could they be?

So far, the solutions they have given us for the tribulations they created have left us with little progression and often times they have left us with a situation worse than what we had before, is this all part of the larger agenda? If so, how long do you think this has been going on? And how long until we will see this ''overshadowing pleasure'' begin to take form?

When i try to take a look at where they (and we) are heading, to see what the end result might be, it becomes apparent that they are continuously trying to increase their control, increase their foothold, but can anyone really be trusted with control on a global scale? What if eventually, their successors will not have the same values?

I have yet to see anyone disprove the famous quotes:

"power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

''Great men are almost always bad men"

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

Again, are you implying these forces are not even human?
edit on 6-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Ideals of the Illuminati have been passed on generation to generation and with everything that does so, it mutates and changes. I personally don't think the major shadow power brokers are strict Illuminati practitioners and may a have started in there secret societies (ie skull and bones) doing and believing Illuminati type things, but ultimately have more straight forward and real world agendas. I even think a lot of them believe they are truly doing the "right" thing and that common folk don't know whats best for them. Adding in the age old saying, power corrupts, I think some may have started off thinking about doing the "right" thing, but became corrupt with money and power.

All that said, I'm also completely sure that Illuminati practitioners do exist in some shape of form. To what extent? I don't believe they have infiltrated to the level some think.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No. They're as humans as everyone else. Subject to the same feelings, emotions, desires, etc. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, unless you don't have the ethics the public has.

Different ethics, different people, different culture, manners, etiquette.

The one thing I always hear is "Why don't they just tell us?" Why don't they tell the public what it's all about? What the endgame is?

Easy, people argue and flip out over terrestrial matters like sports games, even what color something should be painted. Everything is a quarrel. Now try telling the public the world isn't what they think it is.

All "good" will be blotted out by chaos and confusion. People can barely handle the knowledge their govs are frauds without feeling rage and resentment.

People think of power and control with preconceived notions. Throw it all out the window. The human idea of control, power, greed, etc. All installed as a distraction.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I've not watched a whole lot of Mark Dice, but what I have seen was frothy mouthed nonsense with remarkable twisting of what's right in the viewers face.

A real favourite of mine was his vid on Beyoncé being some kind of demon worshipping tool of the elites (etc).

He used her videos/performances to "prove" this while getting all het up in finest YouTube fashion.

The pick of this vid was an over head view of dancers surrounding Beyoncé, and he drew points from the dancers surrounding her to form an inverted pentagram.

Trouble is, there were not five dancers surrounding her, but six, and none of his lines and points matched up.

But in the fashion of practiced creators of BS, he flashed this past the camera in the hope that viewers would not notice this. I'll try to find and post the vid if I get time tomorrow, I don't have the heart to trawl his channel tonight having suffered a rom-com at the hands of the Mrs earlier.

Perhaps you'd ask him if he actually watches and checks facts in his vids, cos I think he's full of crap.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No. They're as humans as everyone else. Subject to the same feelings, emotions, desires, etc. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, unless you don't have the ethics the public has.

Different ethics, different people, different culture, manners, etiquette.

So let's say this is possible, let's say that somehow they have found a way to keep themselves in check and ignore their instincts, ignore their own essence.
Once they have completed their construction of global order they would have to make sure that they can keep this all up indefinitely, that there will never be a bad apple within their group, and that this construction can never be hijacked by other forces that don't have the same etiquette.. ever.

It would be like earth having an input device, a joystick giving total control to whoever wields it.
I'm not sure if i could ever feel comfortable about this, no matter who the controllers might be, no matter how much self control they have.

How could this construction stay balanced? It wouldn't have any boundaries!

The one thing I always hear is "Why don't they just tell us?" Why don't they tell the public what it's all about? What the endgame is?

Easy, people argue and flip out over terrestrial matters like sports games, even what color something should be painted. Everything is a quarrel. Now try telling the public the world isn't what they think it is.

All "good" will be blotted out by chaos and confusion. People can barely handle the knowledge their govs are frauds without feeling rage and resentment.

Painfully true.

People think of power and control with preconceived notions. Throw it all out the window. The human idea of control, power, greed, etc. All installed as a distraction.

Preconceived notions?... Seriously? So all the vile things that happened in humanity's history because of unbalanced powers were simply distractions? Or are they just fabricated stories? Either way would be a contradiction and wouldn't make any sense.

I know what you are trying to say, but what makes you think these forces are any different than what we have encountered before?

The idea of control, power and greed arose out of experiences caused by the bad traits ALL humans possess in one way or another. It's not just an idea, it is who we are. It is installed by default.

Sorry for bombarding you with questions like this, but i am trying to understand what it is that makes you believe these guys have it all figured out.

Can you tell me about the experiences that led to your conclusions?
edit on 7-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

There are bad apples, responsible for bad things.

They don't ignore their instincts. They have feelings, whims, desires, likes, needs. As I said they're subject to human nature, because they are human. However when it comes to ideas of control, they're essentially playing their part and as such don't feel they're any more special than the rest. To them it's a part, mostly inherited, requiring a strict discipline in order to run things from behind the scenes.

I will bring up fame. It doesn't matter. Their lives are far more enriching.

As for why they don't tell us directly. Individuals often go to extreme lengths due to their frustration over not being able to "figure it all out". Groups can be "crazy". Infighting, arguments over explanations, division, etc. Currently it's a very slow form of progress. All at once and forget it, most will continue with their daily lives but many will feel outraged, confused, among other feelings.

I did not say the occurrences were fabrications, I said the ideas of control, power (and I'll add fame), the acceptable, mainstream ideas like wealth is something to seek, fame, power is always corrupting are false and mostly distractions to lead people astray. Power corrupts if you don't have discipline. Considering how much corruption is prevalent today, it shows how those with false ideas can impact society as a whole.

Most of us are born greedy, it is human nature. But if you are raised with a certain discipline, it can negate those "needs".

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

i dunno about 'illuminati' but if there are really a group of people who 'control' the world, i think they do it very good.

i can see that more people becoming more aware every day, so if suffering is part of control game, then the controllers are doing really good. suffering is necessary for progression of beings imho.

or maybe mankind themselves are the real 'illuminati'. i can see 'pyramid' systems everywhere, not just in govt, but also in family, workplace, and so on.

what is more 'dangerous' than 'illuminati' are those players who still enjoy playing the game in their own conceptual worlds, like religious fundies, extremists, materialists, etc. They tend to oppose anything that are against their beliefs. Thankfully, they're also helping our progressions if we dont take them seriously.

existence is difficult topic. sometimes i dunno if i exist so i dunno whether i should believe in existence or not.

peace

edit on 7-12-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Neoleon is the only person here that knows what he is talking about. Spot on.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Yahwehorthehighway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Yahwehorthehighway

Okay you edited it.

edit on 7-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join