It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #17: The American Republic is Dead; Welcome to the New Feudal America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The fact remains that you are famed on these boards for having zero respect for democracy,

Thats right.

I really don't think too much of mob rule which is what democracy is.

It's all rah rah sis boom bah when someone is in the 'majority' not so much for the minority.

YaY democracy!

That is why I prefer republic as in the constitutional kind where the minority is protected from the mob.

The constitution is the guarantor of that.

Which would mean our elections, and 99% of what goes on in Washington wouldn't.

Prattle such as your response above, is one of the many factors which makes the corporate bodies who are driving wedges between your nations people, capable of hijacking your republic in the first place.

Is that right ?

It's the politicians that do that with identity politics.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Good episode!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Direct democracy is mob rule, similar to the Athenian method. I can understand why that might be a problem, since direct democracy can indeed land minorities in hot water with the majority, however, no one has ever suggested that the USA undertake to install such a thing.

Democracy in a republic, governed by a constitution such as the one your nation has, is supposed to be able to solve that problem by way of placing representatives between the majority and the minority, in a system which is called indirect democracy, a kind of democracy which is pretty much ideally suited to republics by its very nature.

It does however, rely on people being intelligent and aware enough, to actually know the difference between these things, and know a good thing well enough when they see it, to actually prevent its being stolen out from under them by rich idiots playing a shell game on a national scale. You can keep scratching at this itch, but it will not go away neo96. The fact is, that it is a dislike of what you mistakenly believe democracy is, that allowed the actual power to be taken from the people and placed in the hands of the tycoons.

Its true, it took some balls and brass front for these super rich powermongers to make the attempt, and they are traitors to the USA for doing so as far as I can make out. But they could never have done it at all, if not ably assisted by legions of people who think exactly as you do, that there is no positive element to democracy, simply because they lack either the insight or the intellect to think about issues in a complex enough manner.

Do not merely point the finger at the money here neo96. It took more than some fat pocket books and brass nuts the size of Texas to make this happen, and you know it. Look back at your post history, and how many times you have contradicted yourself on the very issue of money in politics, by on the one hand saying that you want the people to have the power by extolling the virtues of the republic, and on the other hand stating that democracy is a bum deal. THAT is your contribution to the way this latest round of madness has gone down, because for all that billions of dollars got spent on this swindle, none of it would have come to pass at all, if folk like yourselves had your eyes open to the complex nature of the matters at hand, and realised your divisive, absolutist paradigms were unsuitable for the task before you as voters, and as citizens.
edit on 5-11-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammar edit.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Do as the Romans do:
Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat!
Whom a god wishes to destroy he first drives MAD !

Now, in French:
Trahison des Clercs
Treason of the Intellectuals

"Welcome Back, Victoria"
Jesus Jones

To your 666 flags ... "Very Interesting"
Artie Johnson in German uniform from "Laugh In" skit

edit on 5-11-2014 by RedDorothy because: Adding comment

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Excellent Op Ed, Joe. Spot on!

4 BILLION DOLLARS. I feel sickened and somehow unclean just knowing about it. *sigh*

Thank you for illuminating the issue and the players...

peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Pure Democracy may be mob rule, but I don't like being ruled by a very small wealthy minority either which is way worse and is what we have.

They create policies beneficial to themselves and bad for everyone else. They need to have skin in the game from their foreign and domestic economic policies and are instead reaping the benefits from them while everyone else pays for it.

Free and Fair Elections and Spreading Freedom and Democracy around the world are a couple of the newest Propaganda Slogans we can throw in the dust bin in this country,. The wealthy elite certainly do not approve of it here so we know it is all BS when they go abroad with their mercenaries.

www.mindfully.org...

compliancecampaign.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CyberSonic

Sorry the inner geek took over and made me post this

eerie how this reflects our own government, no?

Will something like this happen?

edit on 11/5/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

America is a Constitutional Republic

One thing I keep seeing all over the place during this government shutdown is how America’s “democracy” is at risk. Thomas Friedman penned a piece the other day claiming this. Now, I don’t know if Friedman’s overall argument is right. It’s certainly alarming that our political parties can’t seem to agree on much. But one thing that is definitely wrong is this constant reference to the USA as a “democracy”. The USA is not a democracy. This is a point that I see all the time so let me explain why it’s important.

When the founding fathers considered the various forms of government they were extremely fearful of tyranny AND anarchy. They viewed government as something that could both serve the people and protect it from its own people. This was a simple, but brilliant perspective. They specifically designed the government so that it protected “we the people” from ourselves and also from its own powers. So they created a Constitution that specified the precise checks and balances that should be in place to ensure that no branch of the government could grow too powerful. But they also ensured that the country was a republic, which meant that the power rests with the people who can choose their representatives and alter the course of future legislation. These representatives don’t only serve their constituents, but they also adhere to the guidelines of the Constitution. This government was designed to serve the people and to help create balance so that the private sector could not abuse itself, but also designed to ensure that the public sector could not abuse the private sector.

pragcap.com...

Indeed, as we celebrate Tuesday the 226th anniversary of the signing of the Constitution, all Americans ought to reflect on Benjamin Franklin's reply on being asked, regarding the miracle in Philadelphia, "What have we got — a republic or a monarchy?"
A republic," he declared, "if you can keep it."

In fact, the United States is and always has been a republic, not a democracy. When saluting Old Glory, Americans pledge allegiance to the flag — and the republic for which it stands.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: news.investors.com...
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

news.investors.com...

Notice the word "democracy" never even came into the question posed to Franklin.

How often have you heard people refer to America as a Democracy? When was the last time that you heard America referred to as a Republic? There is a very good reason that our Pledge of Allegiance refers to our country as a Republic and there is a very good reason that our Declaration of Independence and our constitution do not even mentioned the word "democracy".
Many people are under the false impression our form of government is a democracy, or representative democracy. This is of course completely untrue. The Founders were extremely knowledgeable about the issue of democracy and feared a democracy as much as a monarchy. They understood that the only entity that can take away the people's freedom is their own government, either by being too weak to protect them from external threats or by becoming too powerful and taking over every aspect of life.

They knew very well the meaning of the word "democracy", and the history of democracies; and they were deliberately doing everything in their power to prevent having a democracy.

In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, one may act on his own or through his representatives when he chooses to solve a problem. The people have no obligation to the government; instead, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People. Many politicians have lost sight of that fact.

A Constitutional Republic has some similarities to democracy in that it uses democratic processes to elect representatives and pass new laws, etc. The critical difference lies in the fact that a Constitutional Republic has a Constitution that limits the powers of the government. It also spells out how the government is structured, creating checks on its power and balancing power between the different branches.

The goal of a Constitutional Republic was to avoid the dangerous extreme of either tyranny or mobocracy but what exists in America today is a far cry from the Constitutional Republic our forefathers brought forth.

Today we have DO have a mobocracy occurring in our streets all across America.

www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Once again, I know the USA is a republic. But that only describes the way that power is supposed to be distributed, that is, with the people, through their elected representatives, rather than in a monarchy.

The way those representatives are elected, is via a democratic process. The two things are both present in the political structure of the United States of America.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CyberSonic

"So this is how a Republic dies, with thunderous applause."
~Queen Amidala, Star Wars- The Phantom Menace

If only Americans understood that the plot in the SW prequel trilogy is pretty much what's happening to them...
False flag events by the very people offering a resolution. The Hegelian Dialectic spelled out for them in a movie and they still don't get it...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Spot on video. Though, must say it's really nothing new. It's just more out in the open now!

Specifically:

originally posted by: neo96

Prattle such as your response above, is one of the many factors which makes the corporate bodies who are driving wedges between your nations people, capable of hijacking your republic in the first place.

Is that right ?

It's the politicians that do that with identity politics.

The closer we get to understanding the corporate entities, who feed their political "sides" by support/donations/etc., are as much as fault as the politicians the better off we will be. May be a hard pill to swallow but cherry picking is why it persists.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I agree with you wholeheartedly neo96. Right now we have an oligarchy that holds power via corporatism (aka Facism).

The right v left "democratic process" wherein large entities spend millions on local elections is hardly "democratic". This R v L combined with reality tv and the consumer culture of buy more stuff, buy a bigger house, compete with the joneses is all part of panem et circenses to keep the "rebel aliance" mollified. Who wants to be a Jedi when you have a belly full of beer and rich people embarassing themselves on tv to laugh at?

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." - Misattributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler, possibly a quote by Alexis de Tocqueville.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

I agree with you wholeheartedly neo96. Right now we have an oligarchy that holds power via corporatism (aka Facism).

Actually we don't, but nothing says anyone has to agree with me.

Lot's of people have been saying that for over 100 years.

So much that it has swayed legislation with the anti trust, and monopoly laws, and various forms of regulation to keep them corporations on their 'leash'.

That essentially 'outlawed' private monopolies from the evil corporations.

But what it did was just made the US government the only one that is 'legally' allowed.

Hear that term used so much used to describe 'the few'.

Well that few is those 535 congressman on capitol shill.

Congressman get paid for their beliefs.

In the form of the VOTE, and by campaign contributions.

Which is why I call it capitol shill.

But that is only half the story.

Sometime over the past 2 plus centuries the 'mob' found out they could vote themselves money.

One form of that is entitlement.

Another form of that is the most 'infamous' tax breaks. Of course everyone gets tax breaks.

And everyone gets subisides in various forms.

The word I would use to describe this country is a Kleptocracy.

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, is a form of political and government corruption where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population, often with pretense of honest service.

kleptocracy
Those 535 shills on capitol hill is the ruling class.

They are as corrupt as they come.

This nation is ran by politics where there is not a single person can do anything without running afoul of those clowns there.

Last time I checked there aren't any poor congressman.

And for the past 6 years, and before that the only thing they have done in DC is to increase their power, and control.

The mob exists to service them.

Any how that's my opinion.

I know others disagree.

It's them GD evil corporations!
edit on 6-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join