It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on Body Cam: Marines, Police Brawl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Two Marines are charged with assault and battery against San Diego police officers – and part of the incident was captured by a police body camera. As NBC 7's Omari Fleming explains, the attorney for one of the Marines is calling it abuse of power

link

marines administering first aid.

cops.

fight .

blurry film

His attorney Paul Neuharth says he’s appalled, adding his client was out celebrating a friend’s return from Afghanistan and a birthday.
Neuharth says the Marines were trying to administer First Aid to someone who got knocked out during a street fight, but police pushed them back.
“You got two Marines that will be kicked out of the Marine Corps as a result of this if convicted of those felonies, which started as giving First Aid to an unconscious person they never knew,” Neuharth said.

what say ats?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Most likely they will be kicked out. ....it's an alcohol related incident and the Navy has been cracking down on these type of incidents.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

The marines will get no mercy. They can die for us but they won't be protected like cops.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yeah cops like to throw punches I can attest to that. I am sure the marine acted on instinct to protect his buddy then held back because in his mind he was doubting if he should. On a level field those marines would have destroyed those cops. On a level mental field.

This is how it all may kick off one day where cops pick a fight with a group of soldiers off duty in civies and they will get their arses handed to them.

My only hope is that the cops drop charges to avoid an excessive force suite and the soldiers just get a bit of extra duty.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
More and more the Cops make enemies.

Now the Marines, tomorrow the army.

The administration makes enemies.

If the day comes when the S truly hits the fan blades, I can tell you where the military will stand.

The Police in their lovely new armored vehicles facing down an Abrams. Lol, that would be a fun thing to watch.

P

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I'm In The Defense Of These Marines The Cops Escalated The Situation And One Of Them Was Clearly Determined To Kick Some Ass That Shift. But No Matter What These 2 Marines Are Gonna Get The Green Weenie And That's Simply Because Of Fratenerization. A Non Commissioned Officer The Corporal Isn't Allowed To Socialize With A Jr. Ranked Marine. But On The Bright Side Hopefully They Can Sue The Department For A Nice Paycheck and Earn More From This One Incident Than They Would In Their Entire Corps Career

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

It seems like it has become a everyday ordeal......Police showing excessive force. Good cops need to take a stand against the thugs and scumbags in the force. Most cops are good people that believe keeping the peace is more important than busting a skull or writing a needless ticket.

the goods cops should demand cameras that run 24/7 while on duty and union reforms for getting bad officers off the force. The need to write tickets to gain revenue has to be changed along with military grade weapons being banned for police forces. SWAT use should be a rare event and so should no knock raids.

Unless these simple things happen this will continue until the entire system is corrupt.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EVOL88

They can hang out, it's not that strict that they can't be friends.
It's more for officers and non commissioned ranks and like huge gaps in the non commissioned ranks.
But you are right about the big green weenie getting them.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Now the Marines, tomorrow the army.

Implying there aren't a TON of former Marines and Army in LE. Or that Marines and Army are any better in regard to abusing their positions.

Maybe police agencies should stop hiring people that have military experience. Being a grunt or a cook in the military is equal to 4 years of college when you apply for a LE position. Perhaps if serving in the military wasn't equal to obtaining a 4 year college degree we wouldn't have so many idiots in law enforcement. Any idiot can serve four years in the military.

I would love to see a study on police convicted of brutality and how prevalent prior military service was in those cases. My bet is it would be off the charts. Even more so if they saw any real action.

Perhaps if LE agencies quit hiring people that have been proven to have mental instabilities far higher than average, we wouldn't have so many issues with police.

Police agencies like to have people with military experience. The military preys on people with no better options the majority of the time. There's a glaring problem with that people don't like to admit because military service is given a ridiculously large amount of respect in our society. I think that was carefully engineered.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
I Know It, I Was In The Corps Not Too Long Ago And Being One Of The First Of My Peers To Make E4 I I Was Always Hanging Out With Jr. Enlisted.
I Just Know From Experience There Is Always A Hard Charging First Sergeant Thats Gonna Show Less Mercy On The Marines Than The Police did And Throw The Book At Them.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I was an ass
edit on 0520141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

edit on 5-11-2014 by EVOL88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Your Thoughts Are Completely Speculative But It Is A Valid Point. But I Bet More Often Than Not The Prior Military Officers Make Up A Higher Percentage Of The Good Cops But That's Just Me Speculating.

It's True The Military members do Get A Bunch Of Respect But Think About The Sacrifices They Make ForPenny On The Dollar. Long Deployments Away From Home And Family, Going To War, Dealing With Death, Abiding By Stricter laws Than Regular Civilians, Unusual Work schedules The List can Go On And On.

And The Reason The LE Loves To Hire Veterans Is Because Of Experience. If You Apply To Work In A Warehouse The Employer Probably Wants You To Know How Use A Forklift. Same Thing For The Police they Want ToKnow You Can Handle The Stresses Of Chasing Bad Guys Down For living
edit on 5-11-2014 by EVOL88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I was an ass

It Happens No hard Feelings , I Can Be An Ass too Sometimes.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

And Since You ,I'm Assuming, Have Never Been In A Branch Of Service For Your Country Will Never Know What That feeling Of Respect will Ever Feel Like.

Very true. I also have to commend you for being so kind after I was such an ass in that one post.

There are a TON of people who have served that I greatly respect for their service, as human beings and can't help but agree that serving helped mold them into the upstanding people they are today. I'm sure I'll come to know you as one of them.

I in no way want to throw everyone in the military under the bus. I just don't think someone automatically is better because of having served. If I thought that I would have followed through and joined the Marines.

I have known far too many that went into the military and gained an inordinate amount of respect immediately after donning a uniform despite their crappy personalities, intelligence and morals.

I also think that police departments hiring those that served and using only that as a qualification is incredibly flawed. You could have someone who was a cook, but 3 or for years of service is suddenly a golden ticket. Frankly I was feeling combative about something else and this just happened to be the most readily accessible outlet. I apologize. I'm not going to remove the original post I made, but I did remove the one that was directly insulting as it was completely unwarranted and you are clearly not the type of person who should have to deal with such nonsense.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

" Good cops need to take a stand against the thugs and scumbags in the force. "

I believe they saw what happened to Serpico. Good cops that squeal don't last long.

www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It Takes Alot Of Strength To Admit When Your Wrong So I Applaud And Respect You To Brotha. And I Understand Your Point Of View. When I Served I Saw Plenty Of #bag Marines Get Attention They Had No Business Getting Just Because Of The Uniform And What It Represents. Those Are The Ones That Will get You Killed In A Combat Zone Or Pick A Fight With The Police On Your Birthday. just Cross Your Fingers They Don't Reenlist

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The Police in their lovely new armored vehicles facing down an Abrams. Lol, that would be a fun thing to watch.

P

Hell, a Ma deuce would take out a cop vehicle. Nothing like a few dozen rounds of APIT to discourage you.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ummm.....did anyone actually watch the film? It's hard to determine much, but when it first starts, it looks pretty clear that the one marine had what looked like a bike cop in a headlock. Then, after he is thrown off of him, he charges BACK and attacks the cop again.

Sorry, I'm all for keeping people in line, but all this video shows is these guys looking like the aggressors.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Any idiot can serve four years in the military.

I'd say any idiot can get a criminal justice degree, too. It's down there with basket weaving.

I would love to see a study on police convicted of brutality and how prevalent prior military service was in those cases. My bet is it would be off the charts. Even more so if they saw any real action.

It's possible - there are definitely soldiers who join for the same reason those sort of people sign up to be LEOs...a chance to bully people and throw your weight around in an environment where your actions are often condoned by the organization, if not actively concealed and whitewashed when you screw up. The same sorts of guys go to contract work later, IMHO.

An interesting reversal, though, I often saw MPs who were LEOs or correctional officers in the real world, and they were the biggest #holes of them all.

I think it's a case of the same sort of niche attracting the same sort of person.

Perhaps if LE agencies quit hiring people that have been proven to have mental instabilities far higher than average, we wouldn't have so many issues with police.

I agree with this, but in addition, I think it's pretty awful to have scoring systems that evaluate and select for certain personality traits, in this case, the company selling the screen had an ad that was extolling their product being proven to select for tough no-nonsense cops. It was picking for high narcissism and anti-social indices. Sadly, that's the sort of guy we're talking about.

The military preys on people with no better options the majority of the time.

While that's somewhat true, I'm not sure you can even say that's true "for the majority". I definitely know a lot of guys I served with who I wouldn't want doing brain surgery on me, though. Pretty much everyone at the place I work is former service, and we're mostly engineers or physicists. And a couple of coders, and a Navy guy in purchasing, I suppose.
edit on 5-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join