It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS hero smuggled cannabis into UK for suffering ex-soldiers after Government failed them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This guy is one of my new favorite people.

An SAS hero who smuggled cannabis into the UK for his suffering ex-army colleagues after claiming the Government had failed to care for them has been spared jail by a sympathetic judge.

Paul Boucher, 52, who was mentioned in dispatches for his 'inspirational leadership and bravery' in Northern Ireland where he saved lives, said the Government had "let down" his fellow soldiers who were suffering from a range of conditions including post-traumatic stress disorder.

A court heard he was forced to leave the army because of disabilities from his distinguished 22-year service with the Army.
They included a spinal injury from parachute jumping, deafness in both ears, osteoarthritis in his left knee and depression.

source

At least some people in this world still have some modicum of compassion. Even when it is clear that much of our goverments' policies are completely out of sync with what citizens actually want and need. Hopefully one day citizens of the US and UK both will have the freedom to use whatever form of medication they choose without having to risk going to prison.

I salute you Paul. A good man, if ever there was one.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
And if you believe his story you need to have your head examined.

Boucher moved to the warmer climate of Spain and was caught trying to drive through Dover with 1.7kgs of cannabis worth £7,000 hidden in his car.

He was smuggling for profit not for his ex comrades.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I second your salute. A hero if I've ever seen one.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

And how do you know this is for profit?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Well the judge seems to disagree with you. Care to provide proof or are you just here to slander?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Because the "authorities" placed a monetary value on the weed, you think that automatically means that Paul B. meant to make "that much" money off the stuff.

Very, very interseting; possibly the most interesting post in weeks.

Neat.

Thanks.

edit on 4-11-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Because the "authorities" placed a monetary value on the weed...

I did the math. It's accurate.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And how do you know this is for profit?

Only a idiot or a drug smuggler would run the risk of bringing drugs into the UK when you can buy or grow your own right here at home.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

And the thing is, if it was legal, there would BE NO value because it would be just as valuable as a blade of grass! It is the laws against it that place on it a monetary value and in turn create a black market for it. If we would just legalize it everyone could grow it themselves, there WOULD BE NO VALUE!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

By the very definition he is smuggling. That doesn't mean he was doing it for profit.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Okay,

That's cool.

But what it really means is that Paul B's boys needed £7,000 worth of weed to last them til Paul needs to make another trip for them.

The value of the weed lies in it's palliative and soothing effects for P.B.'s boys, whatever value it may have that amounts to £7,000 to anyone else and what that means to them is that party's issue.

I'm sure Paulie needs to make the dough back so he can make another run.

edit on 4-11-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hmmm...?

If I understand correctly, empathy and understanding others are not your strongest points... Maybe I am wrong?

Mind if I ask if you have been personally involved or injured or even witnessed the horrors of special forces missions Solo?

ETA : And then come home after serving your country and finding that your country does not care...?

It is so easy to judge from ones comfortable armchair when one has not "been there"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 4/11/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
the "authorities" placed a monetary value on the weed

Depends how he sold it though, be worth £17000 in my sleepy corner of SW England at a tenner a gram...£21250 if he sold it at 0.8.
I have no reason to doubt the guy but he would be unlikely to ever admit selling for profit, that would guarantee a harsher conviction. Who would do that?!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If this is taken at face value, this is being used as medication, not recreational, he wouldn't be providing grams. Ounces is what they would need and that comes at a much reduced price.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
And if you believe his story you need to have your head examined.

Boucher moved to the warmer climate of Spain and was caught trying to drive through Dover with 1.7kgs of cannabis worth £7,000 hidden in his car.

He was smuggling for profit not for his ex comrades.

£7000 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. I am sure there are plenty of Her Maj's services, you know the M.I ones, that bring in £millions worth of illicit substances into the country every week.

Never steal, rob or become an illicit substance smuggler, the Government hates competition.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Great b8 m8 8/8

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
Hmmm...?

If I understand correctly, empathy and understanding others are not your strongest points... Maybe I am wrong?

Mind if I ask if you have been personally involved or injured or even witnessed the horrors of special forces missions Solo?

It is so easy to judge from ones comfortable armchair when one has not "been there"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I'm not judging the guy on what he and his mates have been through...whatever it is it was self inflicted anyway. but his story is BS. spend a few days in court and you will get the jist of it. I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing even resembling the truth. Even the Police are at it.

ps, To use your ex comrades illnesses as an excuse to smuggle drugs is the lowest anyone can stoop...He's not my Hero.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well his comrades showed up in court to support him so I think they might disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Your opinion is understood and respected Solo.

However, taking into consideration what this guy and his fellow comrades may have witnessed, i for one tip my hat to him.

Right, beddy byes for me as just done an 8 hour drive and am knackered... Will answer tomorrow.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 4/11/14 by Rodinus because: Crap grammar and I hate IPhones!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Or buy online.

Though in a ideal world anything involving cannabis would not be a crime and this thread would never be on ATS.
edit on 4-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join