It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apparition caught on film at Old Taylor Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ghost Stalkers is a new paranormal show on Destination America. Two hosts/investigators each spend one night alone in an allegedly haunted location. One host, John E.L. Tinney is a paranormal researcher with over 25 years experience, author of books, and known for his "Weird Lectures." I don't know as much about the other host, Chad Lindberg, other than the fact that he is an actor. Both hosts have had near death experiences and one of the focuses of the show is their efforts to find "portals" that connect different dimensions.

Last night was the third episode. The evidence they found, if you trust the show, is completely shocking.

They caught what appears to be a full body apparition, very clearly walking.

Here us a link to a video. Sorry I couldn't find it on YouTube to embed...

www.destinationamerica.com...

My first thought was that it had to be a real flesh and blood person. My second though was that the person looked naked.

Here us what Tinney had to say about it:

"Honestly, I don’t know what it is.

I took the footage to our head of photography for the show and had him check it out. I wanted fresh, skeptical eyes to see it. Our head of photography has worked on hundreds of paranormal reality shows and after seeing this footage and running it through all kinds of image processing software eventually told me, “This is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen working on a paranormal show”

The building was sealed off and “sweeped” by the crew before they left, we do this at every location to make sure no one is in the building. Since Chad and I are alone when we investigate it is a safety measure we take to make sure there isn’t anyone who might hurt us when we’re alone in the building.

I saw the figure I saw it in real time.

Although it’s often mind-numbing to stare at the check-in camera monitor all night long it’s necessary and in this case was worth it. I honestly didn’t even know if I saw what I saw. By that I mean the camera is a live feed I have no way to go back and look at it until the morning. So I saw the figure and then I was like, “what did I just see?” It wasn’t until the morning after Chad was done that I could go retrieve the camera and check for what I thought I saw.

The figure is soundless. The check-in camera has a microphone on it and although the hospital is loud and echo-filled when the figure walks through the hallway it does not make any sounds associated with movement or walking.

It’s walking around in total darkness. People forget that everything you see on the show is illuminated by IR lights, which cast no visable light and therefore everything you see is happening in total darkness. The figure is walking around in total darkness. I can tell you one of the things that gets edited out of every episode, of not only our show but most paranormal shows, is all of the stumbling, tripping and walking into stuff that goes on when you are in the dark. The figure we catch almost looks like it’s assuredly walking around yet it is doing so in complete blackness.

Naked? This is just my perspective but the figure, to me, looks naked.

Once again, I don’t know what it is but it’s awesome."

Source:
weirdlectures.com...

I would love to hear thoughts on this capture. Thanks!

edit on 3-11-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ahhh that guy is nuts!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Two words, paranormal and show. I have a hard time believing anything I see on TV, let alone this stuff. It looks like a good show, but it's just that... a show; you've got the straight faced man in the white shirt and tie, and the hippy looking fellow in the earth friendly beanie and shell necklace. Great foils there. Now throw in some potential paranormal activity, and you've got something worth watching.

In this particular instance, I think Wet Willie woke up from his tequila nap and crawled out of his hole after being startled by a rude man in his vicinity. He can't help that he was naked at the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Looks an awful lot like this crap:

And this one from Ghost Adventures:

I personally think it's BS, but whatever. People want to be entertained. Some of these shows, like GA, are highly entertaining. As long as people are entertained, right? However, notice that as these shows progress and new shows come along, they are constantly catching more and more activity.
edit on 3-11-2014 by Calalini because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Crazy. I don't know about the portal thing but that might be one of the best evidence I seen of a ghost. It doesn't seemed staged since the guy seems to be genuinely scared and tired the next day. The figure does seem to be unusually tall compared to the walls and entrance frame.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I agree that it being a tv show automatically puts a lot of strikes against this being real.

Either this is the most amazing piece of evidence ever captured on film, or Tenney's solid reputation has been tarnished by a hoax (that he himself may not be in on).

Whatever it is, it is crazy creepy looking. I was concerned for their safety when watching the show. If not an entity, then for the fact that some naked person was wandering around.

Here is a quote from Tenney's Facebook:
" Tonight Episode 3 of Ghost Stalkers at 10E/9C on Destination America. Watch it...then say, "No F%ckin' way" then come back here and I'll tell you, "Yes, that f%ckin' happened" I've waited for over 20 years to catch something on camera this weird. I still don't know what it is."
Source: m.facebook.com...

I tend to think that if this was a hoax, he wasn't in on it.

But it also could be real. Yikes.

Thanks for looking and commenting!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
show is just as fake as ghost hunters, the guy with the hat on is a actor and played a recurring role on the show Supernatural.

Supernatural (TV Series) Ash -
Dark Side of the Moon (2010) ... Ash -
All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 1 (2007) ... Ash -
Hunted (2007) ... Ash -
Simon Said (2006) ... Ash -
Everybody Loves a Clown (2006) ... Ash
Chad Lindberg

the other guy a is a actor and a writer. i think this is him, not sure but in his full bio it says he ran for mayor of his home town, Royal Oak MI, and when you google him on the google page to the right it says he lives in Detroit.
No photo available. Represent John E.L. Tenney? Add or change photos at IMDbPro SEE RANK John E.L. Tenney

now as far as the full apparition goes, here is just one example. fact or faked proved that one can be made that looks just like that on the queen mary episode.

Next, they interview Ryan, the man who caught an image of a white suited man walking through the halls. Using his camera, they set up an experiment to project a video recording of a white-clad Austin against a thick wall of fog. The reproduction is eerily accurate, but considering all the reports of paranormal activity, they feel it's critical that they investigate some of the claims. Back at the situation room, Bill shares an audio clip from his EVP session, and everyone agrees that it sounds exactly like a little girl giggling. Though the video is most likely a hoax, the paranormal activity aboard the Queen Mary continues to be intriguing.
Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Im a little skeptical, because for one its a show that pretty much has to come up with paranormal evidence in order to keep the audience entertained. If not their rating fall, and show is cancelled. Its just too good of an apparition on video, IMO but what do I know. I love to keep an open mind, but its a new show, looking to create a buzz for more veiwers to tune in too

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Ghost Stalkers is a new paranormal show on Destination America.

I haven't watched it yet. I used to watch Ghost Hunters all the time and liked it but then I saw the YouTube clips where they debunk the show. They showed some fakery and I had to stop watching. Now I don't know what to believe with these shows. It could be legit but I got burned with Ghost Hunters so now I"m more careful ...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
a reply to: Glassbender777

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Im a little skeptical, because for one its a show that pretty much has to come up with paranormal evidence in order to keep the audience entertained. If not their rating fall, and show is cancelled. Its just too good of an apparition on video, IMO but what do I know. I love to keep an open mind, but its a new show, looking to create a buzz for more veiwers to tune in too

This is exactly what I thought as well. According to Tenney, the place was secured. So that means it is either a hoax or an actual entity.

None the less it is odd, so odd that I actually made a video about it. John E.L. Tenney actually commented on the youtube video page as well. I asked him some quick questions about security and containment measures but he has yet to reply. Here is a link to see his comment: www.youtube.com... His channel is called weirdlectures, here's a link to that as well: www.youtube.com...

I think it is entirely more possible that it is the result of a hoax, unaware to Tenney and Chad. If they believed the place was secured, it is most probable a person perhaps a homeless one sporting his long underwear, that was not found and may have decided to have fun with them. Either that or it is the best evidence ever captured for paranormal research.

Since I am yet to receive a reply, I feel I may just send him a private message instead, I'll keep you guys up to date with that and may even create a thread based off of it.

Here is the embedded video of my fun/serious look into the Ghost Stalkers' Odd Shadow Person. In it I play the video clips from the show with different shots and also add on some different color filters to the clips at the end of the video on some replays to show it differently.

As to if I "trust" this show. I'm pretty much on the fence because I have watched some side stuff and researched theses guys. Their tech guy, David Rountree, has an interesting youtube channel as well. He has posted some detailed videos talking about the tech used on the show. Link for that: www.youtube.com...

Until I communicate with Tenney more, I will remain open minded but skeptical.

p.s. I am in no way involved with Ghost Stalkers or Destination America. I am just a guy taking up investigating the paranormal on my own, wanting to prove or disprove it myself and not let the so called media dictate it for me.

edit on 12/26/2014 by mcx1942 because: add info

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Perfect setting for the hauntings of a deceased split brain patient.
Yes, i'm feeling the cognitive dissonance along with a ghostly consonance.
The consonance seems to be emanating from the departed spirit of a female heroine.
J Tenney doesn't mention Suzanne does he, I heard her name called in a dream.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Could you please elaborate some?

I do not understand what you are trying to say...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

I'm channeling a ghost in the abstract, you know like female heroine could be symbolized by the Venus De milo.
You try to rush these things and your gun will run out of slime and you will face the rath of an unhappy ghost..

top topics

join