It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Political & Persons discussion is off-topic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I just published a topic on the Political & Persons, named “MAD Punishment - 20 years in prison for Palestinians that throw rocks at cars.”
Why it was directed to the off-topic discussion, instead of main forum?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Because politicians & people is located in off topic, not the main bit of ATS

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Thanks for the answer. But, those your answer validates / represents ATS Board Business?
(Cause I don't see any moderator sign on your avatar.)

My previous question is based on the forum organization that seems to imply only the following, as a section for off-topic issues:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Because politicians & people is located in off topic, not the main bit of ATS

Just to say, that it seem your statement is incorrect, because on the upper right its written: Political Forums

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What makes you think your thread is in an "off topic discussion" area and not the "main forums"? Your thread is right where you put it. In Politicians and People, which is a political forum.

Is there really an "off-topic" area and a "main" area on ATS? I thought we got rid of that a while ago.

No, I'm not a mod. Just trying to help.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Did you recieve a u2u informing you of a moderator action? Generally if they move your thread, delete a post etc you get an automated message informing you of the action and the moderator who took that action.

Generally it is advised by the board that you take up any questions concerning that action with the mod who took it.

I'm not a mod either just chiming in

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Wow - you try and help someone huh?
ATS used to have two separate areas : ATS & BTS and now they have ATS and off topic.
It doesn't mean that your thread is off topic, its just the name for the area.

As for whether the owners organize the forums to your satisfaction, who cares?
If you didn't want it in the forum you chose, then you should have selected another.

Also if you wanted a mod to help you then you should have sent them a message or used the suggestion/complaint function, not started a new public thread for members to post in.

Anyway, good luck.

edit on 3-11-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Is there really an "off-topic" area and a "main" area on ATS? I thought we got rid of that a while ago.
No, I'm not a mod. Just trying to help.

Well thanks for the kind reply

I quite don't know how to clear this, but, for me, when I check the "recent posts" (and I usually do that only) I'm sent to the conspiracy forum where you can read about "breaking news", "general conspiracy's", "science", "education", "medical issues", etc. Now, I can't understand how this particular topic goes to off-topic when nothings point's there out on the front page of the organization/topics forum.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok. I got it now. The "Politicians and People" forum, where you posted your thread IS a political forum, but it's in the "off topic" section. Just because it's listed as a Political forum on the forums page doesn't mean it's in the "main area" of ATS. If you'll notice, the "Regional Politics" forum is ALSO in the "off topic" section, but is also a political forum.

The listing on the Forums page does not indicate which section the forum is in, they're just grouped by subject.

Is that clear to you?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels
I did say thanks to you. And I think a made also a valid question. I don't understand why you are mad w/me.

Anyway, this not about my personal satisfaction. I believe that the organization of topic forum mislead me to choose the wrong forum and I can't change that:

As you can see on the following picture, the topic in (Politicians & People) is really off-topic

And my question, was, Why that happens (it's not clear on the forum)?
edit on 3/11/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The listing on the Forums page does not indicate which section the forum is in, they're just grouped by subject.
Is that clear to you?

Yes I understand that. Thanks.

If I can suggest to the staff, it would be nice, if the Forum Organization Subjects had some kind of note/info regarding the place (main or off-topic) it will be posted, before the users decide to create a thread.

edit on 3/11/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The same applies to the "Regional Politics" sub-forum. It is listed among the "political forums", but threads belonging to it run through the "Off-topic" half of the site. The listing helps people to find it, but the fact that threads are "off-topic" apparently reflects the view that they are not "conspiracy".
Conversely, "Dreams and Predictions" is technically off-topic, but its threads run through the main half of the site.
edit on 3-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
thank you for the insight. it makes sense, but it's not easy to know/spot what is conspiracy or off-topic subjects. for example science and technology, medical issues, education, etc.. could be very real topics without any conspiracy and yet they run on the "main" forum such as dream and predictions, like you said.

it would be helpful to know prior to compiling a thread whats is classified as "main subject" or "off-topic"

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If I were a mod, which I would never be (would make me give up the forums and chase my tail) I'd suggest you ask that your thread be moved into a main forum. I don't often look into the off-topic section myself, but when I do peek in there are usually interesting things brewing in there.
edit on 3-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
it would be helpful to know prior to compiling a thread whats is classified as "main subject" or "off-topic"

One trick would be to start your new thread using an existing thread in Recent Posts as a jumping-off point.
That is, you go into that thread from "Recent Posts", click on "new thread", and your thread will automatically be in the same sub-forum as the first one.
So if you want to start a "General Conspiracy" thread, choose first a thread in Recent Posts which is labelled as belonging to "General Conspiracy".
I always start new Theology threads by clicking on one of my old Theology threads.
edit on 3-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

yeah, you are right, off-topic seems to have some interest information

This is a lesson for me, I will try to take some time to check some off-topic debates

I appreciate your suggestion
At this time I don't feel I should do that. I will let mods decide.
I believe the topic was created on the right subject (it could be other, for example middle east, but at the time it made sense to use politicians & people)

Somehow this little board issue / question, helps me and I think ATS users to pay even more attention when it's time to choose the right subject. It would be nice tough to have this kind of info on the main page of the forum.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Ok. Thank you for the advice.

I had created until this time some threads, always taking in consideration, the "main board" or "off-topic" issue, based on the nomenclature of the main page of forum subjects.

I was mislead to believe that off-topic threads were only the ones on the "general off-topic chit chat forums" because it's the only one (beside board issue/questions) that makes you believe they are off-topic. If that was not the case, why use only on that case the words "off-topic"?

Things could be more clear around there, in my opinion.

top topics

join