It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Check out the trailer for the movie here

Jesus! This movie looks so disturbing because it looks so...fluffy! Which just makes it look crazy as hell.

Burton and Depp working together has always produced wonders though (Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow) so I can't wait to see if this movie is as hopefully twisted as this trailer. Depp seems to have a womans hair cut as well.

That tune playing over the trailer as well, I think that's got to be the most twisted, annoyingly "catchy to the point of not being able to take it anymore" tune I've heard since the Silver Shamrock theme in Halloween III: Season of the Witch. argh!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That looks crazy!! Depp is such an amazing actor - He always puts so much into his characters - It looks like he has Wanka figured out to a T.....

Can't wait for this to come out!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can't seem to stop watching it and I don't know why, that trailer has warped my brain...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Also, as much as I love Depp's acting I would've been really intrigued to have seen Christopher Walken in this movie, who was apparantly originally considered for the role. Jesus!!! That would've been even more twisted.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Also, as much as I love Depp's acting I would've been really intrigued to have seen Christopher Walken in this movie, who was apparantly originally considered for the role. Jesus!!! That would've been even more twisted.

Whoa!! That would not be a movie for children....lol

"Sometimes....When I'm alone in my car and I see the headlights of the cars in the other lane....I just want to cross the lane and smash into the oncoming traffic"....The look on Woody Allen's face during that scene in the Porsche is my favorite part of Annie Hall!

We need more cow bell guys!

Oh god....He would have given me nightmares for sure if he played that role....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
"Sometimes....When I'm alone in my car and I see the headlights of the cars in the other lane....I just want to cross the lane and smash into the oncoming traffic"....The look on Woody Allen's face during that scene in the Porsche is my favorite part of Annie Hall!

hahaha!

That bit is fantastic, absolutely brilliant film as well.

It's one that I can't watch at the moment though, it'd be too depressing.

Yeah that's what I mean, as twisted as this looks with Depp if Walken had done it disturbing would not even come close to describing it. I think Freddy Kruger would have a new rival.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
thats freaky. id like to see burton tackle the wizard of oz! that would be sweet!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
thats freaky. id like to see burton tackle the wizard of oz! that would be sweet!

Nah, I think that movie still stands up on it's own today.

And anyway, one nightmare at a time eh?

As a side note I find it sad that most kids play video games e.t.c than reading Roald Dahl books these days, I used to love him when I was a kid.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It looks interesting; I'm sure Depp will be great as Wonka.
I can't say the trailer pulled me in, but I already want to see it.
While I'm sure it will be a good film, I don't think it'll stand up to the original.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That music was psychedelic. I'm gonna see that stoned. Why didn't they show any of the oompa loompas? I bet they look demonic. Kids will be crying left and right.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I bet they look demonic. Kids will be crying left and right.

Compared to most kids movies put out these days, I'm sure their reaction will be interesting, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hit N Run
Why didn't they show any of the oompa loompas?

I guess you didn't look hard enough, I believe you see them a couple of times. You see one on a keyboard, one smashing a guitar over an amp and I believe that's 4 of them looking like The Beatles.

As for it being compared to the original flick it's unavoidable but unfair. Roald Dahl hated the first film adaption with a passion as it wasn't anything like the book at all. Gene Wilder (especially at the end when he flips on Charlie and his Grandfather, that still shocks me even today hehe) was amazing but some of the songs drove me crazy even when I was a kid, and when I was stoned.

This is supposed to be a more faithful adaption of the book, NOT a remake of the first film which is why I'm looking forward to it...plus...at least I wont have to listen to "Cheer up, Charlie" argh!

I guess comparisons are enevitable though...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I guess you didn't look hard enough, I believe you see them a couple of times. You see one on a keyboard, one smashing a guitar over an amp and I believe that's 4 of them looking like The Beatles.

As for it being compared to the original flick it's unavoidable but unfair. Roald Dahl hated the first film adaption with a passion as it wasn't anything like the book at all. Gene Wilder (especially at the end when he flips on Charlie and his Grandfather, that still shocks me even today hehe) was amazing but some of the songs drove me crazy even when I was a kid, and when I was stoned.

This is supposed to be a more faithful adaption of the book, NOT a remake of the first film which is why I'm looking forward to it...plus...at least I wont have to listen to "Cheer up, Charlie" argh!

I guess comparisons are enevitable though...

Yep, I saw them the second and third time I watched the trailer. I was so emotionally distraught and freaked out by the music when I watched it the first time that I completely missed them. I though I had read somewhere that the underlying theme of the movie was that Willie Wonka was really supposed to be the Devil. The original was very twisted.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hit N Run
Yep, I saw them the second and third time I watched the trailer. I was so emotionally distraught and freaked out by the music when I watched it the first time that I completely missed them. I though I had read somewhere that the underlying theme of the movie was that Willie Wonka was really supposed to be the Devil. The original was very twisted.

Yeah, I couldn't seem to stop watching the trailer as a result of that jingle, it warped my mind.

As I said I've not heard anything like it since the Shamrock jingle in Halloween 3, which really did just drive you crazy but you couldn't ever get it out of your head hehe.

Well that's what I love about the book and what Wilder did really well, you aren't sure if he's eccentric or just plain dangerous. Hopefully Depp will pull that off...I still wish it was Walken though.

new topics

top topics

join