It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE, recommend me a good science fiction movie.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

oooh Damnation Alley looks right up my alley.

Also, why does everyone say enemy mine was this terrible movie? It was FREAKING awesome. Its one of my favorites actually.

LOL

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I havent considered that.

You may have a point. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I know I'm throwing far off subject ones but my other post makes me think of dale and tucker vs. Evil. Good stuff there. Give it a try.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Donnie Darko....trust me.
Second line.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It is also the only manga I have ever read cause after I watched the animated portion of it I was hooked.
So if you watch it and need more know you can always turn to the manga starting at chpt 34

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
With all of our suggestions, I hope you return later and post some reviews of them for us to know if it was worth our while.

LOL

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

HELLS YEAH!

One of the greatest.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Will do.

I am starting to find them online now. If they are worth it I will download and post a review.

edit on 11 2 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: VoidHawk

I havent considered that.

You may have a point. Thank you!

A friend of mine spent many months persuading me to read those books (I'm not a natural book worm), but honestly, they really do put the movies to shame. The Alistair Reynolds stuff will blow your mind!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
The Angry Red Planet

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have seen angry planet, about a prison planet but I havent seen angry red planet. Cool,

This list is starting to come together.

Thank you all again.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
As one poster pointed out books are fun too. And tv shows, from all eras.

The Caves of Steel by Asimov is brilliant. I was never able to finish The Naked Sun which is the sequel.

Also oldschool pulp fiction with short stories and small novels can be found if they're in public domain which many are.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The Signal - 2014. With Laurence Fishburne.

It had a very small budget but the result was quite good, the pacing is kind of slow for the first half but the ending was incredible. Highly recommended.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

Yeah I liked it. It reminded me of Akira. I was surprised it didnt get more of a following. Its not a bad movie production wise as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The Caves of Steel is probably something I will like. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

You don't have to be a huge fan of the ST world to enjoy this film. It's a high quality sci fi film with a great soundtrack , action, dialogue and some over the top acting.

BSG: Reboot 2004-2009

The first two seasons are as good as anything I have ever watched. It lost it's way a bit but I think that is more a reflection of how good it started off and how that may have been unsustainable.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I too am a huge sci-fi addict and have seen damn near everything out there... so I'm always on the search to find ones that might have slipped past my radar.

Here's some fairly new sci-fi's I've watched recently that aren't too well known (mainly independent films), but I was surprised to discover that they were actually pretty decent movies:

- Snowpiercer
- Cargo (subtitled but worth the watch)
- Frost (subtitled again)
- 5 Shells
- Europa Report
- End of The World (2013 canadian unknown movie)
- The Divide
- The Darkest Hour
- Iron Sky
- The Lost Future
- Dead Air
- Before The Fall
- The Man From Earth (more philisophical than sci-fi but it's a wild storyline)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Æon Flux is cool and somewhat unknown. It's an animated TV series from the early 90's originally from MTV's show Liquid Television. It's worth a watch.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I saw one recently called 'Time Crimes.' I was surprised at how good it was for' a low budget indie. Well worth a watch.
'Guardians of the Galaxy' isn't out on DVD yet, but it is not to be missed. I saw it twice in the theater.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Try "The Hidden" if you haven't already. It's a bit campy, but interesting. Stars Kyle MacLachlin and Michael Nouri.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join