It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the subtle manipulation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The subtle manipulation of all humans has been happening since the beginning of civilizations.
Now we have reached a point where the manipulation is being further advanced through the use of technology.
everything we do is manipulated subtly.
Your family of course manipulates you to being like them, your friends who were or are being manipulated by their family. The teachers who taught you. The students who are following the manipulated thought process provided. Your bosses, their employers and employees.
Everything is made to keep us on a slow track.

Right this very second a country a city or continent could solve half the world's problems if they sacrificed some time some labor or some knowledge to improve and change living situations.
Of course we have been manipulated into thinking it's that difficult because we have also been manipulated into thinking we need currency to accomplish anything.if 100 000 ppl took 1 day off work to labour or provide knowledge on something to help everyone as a whole wouldn't you donate a day?
People are what run things but we are also limited because we only believe what we see and are shown. We have been manipulated into having closed minds and not continuing to fight . Its easy to drink a beer or pop a pill and wake up the next day . Its harder to fight to help yourself and others. Its easy to surrender to the manipulation. We are fighters but this is the fight we must focus on, I think it's all in the mind of each individual and it's up to other individuals to wake others up as to be woken up themselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
While I believe everything you're saying, there's one thing we need that they have and we don't. Organization. Unless enough people can agree on what we're being manipulated for, and by who, then nothing will be accomplished. Unless there's and organized effort, nothing will come of it.

As long as we're arguing about whether its aliens or the illuminati or the naked mole rat people we're not a threat.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

Not only but we are a fragmented society theses days. The media whips the frenzy about religion, race, politics, sexual preference, abortion, money, class, celebrity.

Ad infinitum.

And we barely take our mind off all that to play video games or text.

I'm just as guilty. It seems the voice the Interent has given everyone is keeping us all part, literally.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bdizzi90

Yeah its pretty sad how easily we are manipulated, behaviourized, brainwashed etc.

Do we really have freewill?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptrThe media does that though because it sells rather than a in a deliberate attempt to keep us divided and down. At least in my opinion. anyway. The media puts provides what sells and unfortunately it tends to be the negative, destructive or taboo that really sells the most.
Have we been conciously groomed in a sublte fashion to respond to that form of content, I. don't think so. It's what we get because it's popular. Seeing others misery or misfortune seems to make people less complaining of their own situation. I think thats human nature and the media provides not creates.

The majority of the actions of politicians and the media is not a carefully orchestrated plan of a centuries old secret elite as many see but the reactionary thinking that our political system creates. Same with the media, it's ratings, circulation, profit driven which can breed a very short termist outlook and thats what we need to overcome. It's at the heart of most our problems whether it's the economy, infrastructure, environment, climate change.

Until we can start to look beyond the end of year profits and shareholder dividends then we'll never get beyond the short termism thats not only created most of the problems we have today but almost guarantees we're incapable of preventing them in the future.

Of course that requires a complete paradigm shift in western thinking which to my mind isn't remotely beyond any individual human but humanity as a whole can never hope to achieve

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have replied to a number of different posts on this very issue ie. why did it cost multi million dollars to put a man on the moon? It would actually cost nothing if everyone gave their time and materials for free. Basically EVERYTHING comes down to man s greed. Nothing more ,nothing less.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I inhabit more planes of existence than anyone can comprehend or do anything about. My free will cannot be accessed or changed by anything but my own consciousness. No manipulation in the physical realm can change that and you all have free will too.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Actually if you study signs and symbols the manipulation is pretty blatant and in full public view from corporation logos through billboards

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So? Manipulation is part of the human nature since stone age, or sooner. Or why do you think we invented language, dancing.... Just because someone shakes his/her ass you don't have to f#*%....

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
@Jessica
the hardest part is knowing that and not being able to wake people up. Let's say we weren't being manipulated, just organising people that would be willing to accomplish a follow would be remarkable but no one seems to be willing to stand out.

@intrptr
I am also guilty, what I'd like to ad though is that they only show the fragments that they want you to see, you dont get the full story.

@tucket
I believe we have paths and choices we can make, which affects the outcome. But I also believe those paths can be limited or altered by manipulating your surroundings.

@fastbob
I believe we have and always will be so long as we allow it. For the 2012 elections they hardly covered Ron Paul , in fact they went out of their way to ignore him and promote all other candidates.
Its popular because it's easy, it's easy to fall in line, it's hard to stand out like Ron paul, like Abraham lincoln, they were speakers motivators trying to make a positive xhnge, where re all oof ours? They are being suppressed or subtly manipulated into not caring bout motivating humanity they just want to watch tv.

I believe you're right bout the politicians but I also believe some if not most re ignorant to what they re doing, while I think some know what will happen and take advantage of it

I do believe we are strong enough to overcome the manipulation but it is difficult because every little thing has a subtle effect each word you speak and sign you make . Think of a western movie, who's going to draw first? What signs give him away or will he back down?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Divide and conquer negates organization and unity. No wonder the world's the way it is today.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Manipulation sounds negative. Strangers manipulate. Those who wish to deceive or to obfuscate the truth are manipulators and although they are abundant in society those who are close to you where trust is present manipulation becomes guidance and a helping hand.

Don't confuse the two: manipulation and guidance. The words carry a different connotation.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

We are being manipulated & are being guided to our doom.

It is now legal to use Propaganda in U.S media, if that's not manipulation I don't know what is.

We are told we can't possibly feed everyone on the globe, we are told we need GMO, yet, both those statements are 100% false. Aquaponic food farms and using existing cropland. How existing cropland could feed billions more

Here are two more examples:

As spying expert Trevor Timm from the Electronic Frontier Foundation Tweeted (and Glenn Greenwald – who has seen the Snowden documents – re-tweeted):

"Does this NSA report recommendation imply that NSA is conducting offensive cyber attacks against financial systems?"

Remember, the NSA is tapping into and spying on the biggest financial payments systems such as VISA and Swift.

Top financial experts say that the NSA and other intelligence agencies are using information gained from spying to profit from this inside information. And the NSA wants to ramp up its spying on Wall Street … to “protect” it.

Is the U.S. Government Changing the Amount In People’s Financial Accounts and Manipulating Financial Systems with Its Offensive Cyber Capabilities?

The mainstream media is the most obvious in its inherent bias and manipulation. The mainstream media is owned directly by large multinational corporations, and through their boards of directors are connected with a plethora of other major global corporations and elite interests. An example of these connections can be seen through the board of Time Warner.

Time Warner owns Time Magazine, HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN, among many others. The board of directors includes individuals past or presently affiliated with: the Council on Foreign Relations, the IMF, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Warburg Pincus, Phillip Morris, and AMR Corporation, among many others.

Truth, War Propaganda, CIA and Media Manipulation

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
originally posted by: fastbob72 who replied to: intrptr

The media does that though because it sells rather than a in a deliberate attempt to keep us divided and down. At least in my opinion. anyway. The media puts provides what sells and unfortunately it tends to be the negative, destructive or taboo that really sells the most.
Have we been conciously groomed in a sublte fashion to respond to that form of content, I. don't think so. It's what we get because it's popular. Seeing others misery or misfortune seems to make people less complaining of their own situation. I think thats human nature and the media provides not creates.

The majority of the actions of politicians and the media is not a carefully orchestrated plan of a centuries old secret elite as many see but the reactionary thinking that our political system creates. Same with the media, it's ratings, circulation, profit driven which can breed a very short termist outlook and thats what we need to overcome. It's at the heart of most our problems whether it's the economy, infrastructure, environment, climate change.

Maybe if almost all the entire media wasn't owned by the same couple people and their boards of directors weren't connected to other major global corporations and elite interests, I could see where you are coming from. However, that is not the case.

The mainstream media is the most obvious in its inherent bias and manipulation. The mainstream media is owned directly by large multinational corporations, and through their boards of directors are connected with a plethora of other major global corporations and elite interests. An example of these connections can be seen through the board of Time Warner.

Time Warner owns Time Magazine, HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN, among many others. The board of directors includes individuals past or presently affiliated with: the Council on Foreign Relations, the IMF, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Warburg Pincus, Phillip Morris, and AMR Corporation, among many others.

Truth, War Propaganda, CIA and Media Manipulation

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It really is a shame that we, as a whole, are not wanting to act. Too many people are comfortable with how things are and don't want to put in the hard work to make things better. They don't realize though how much better things could be.

We can feed everyone around the world, no one has to starve and the food can be & should be free.

We can change the education system so that each child is being taught the way that best works for them (hands on, visual, etc) We can also tailor the education to the each child's skills and interests so that by the time they are finished high school, they will know what they want to do for a living and can successfully go off to college.

We have abundance, we just don't realize it. We are manipulated into believing we can't do it. We are manipulated into hating each other so we won't work together. So much manipulation to keep the people who are in power, in power and making tons of cash.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You are making me remember about when I believed in making a change, now it's just a burden. I've come to the realization that it is because I do not act upon the knowledge I've gained that it becomes so. You could say I am just another sheep even though I'm awake and have been for a very long time, because I have not acted upon my beliefs therefore helping ththose that I wish to fight against. Anyways guidance is all well if the guider was not already manipulated into thinking a certain way. We are all free but we trap ourselves. Its easy to be bad and take food instead of growing it to provide for others. That's why it's tough because now those In power have much more control and easily manipulate the good people into submission, and have witnessed how the bad and good side works, people are not being raised to be good they are being manipulated. Doesn't matter what you teach, it's how you a act upon it and actions are born from the population and it's social aspect in a school. School and young people are the best bet at helping, and we are being raised to be stupider and stupider but that's what people want. Because they accept it

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You are doing something, though. After a long time lurker in the world I have come out to expose the darker secrets that lie just under every corner. The lies they tell us need to be exposed to others if only to one.

Then thats fine. Be the change you want to see, its the only thing you can do. Don't participate in the big game or participate as little as possible. Don't play by the rules. If you don't do that little drop in the big bucket, its still a drop.

By the way, welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I agree with what you're saying completely. The only problem is it would be almost impossible to convince enough people of this to actually make a difference. I realize by saying this i'm completely contradicting myself. Although even if I were to try to make a difference, still people wouldn't agree with enough for anything to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You and I may not be able to start the change but we can inform others that there are ways to make things better. The more informed people we have, the better. Eventually we can have a cascading effect that will ripple across the world.

I was told in sales "You don't have to convince 100% of the group, just 10% of the group. If you can convince 10% of a group on an idea, they will spread the idea to the rest of the group"

It's hard to want to change, it's a long process and most people give up, I hope you keep working on it. Take baby steps, inform yourself on changes that can be made, like Aquaponic Food Farms and try to educate as many people as you can on the concept. Take an Aquaponic Food Farm and build it vertically, it will take less space but still allow for lots of food to be made.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Sorry this is off topic, but I just had to star you for you avatar!! On topic, of course we are manipulated constantly, we have to keep buying all the stuff we do or the economy will falter... If we lived as we should on this planet like all other life forms do we'd just share things and there wouldn't be money, etc. Of course, things could be much more barbaric.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join