It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright, white 'UFO' haunting southern Colorado sky; Are the media really this clueless?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I came across this article today.

www.9news.com...

HOOPER – Creepy things are lighting up the sky in Southern Colorado and no one seems to know what they are.

Is it a bird? A plane? Or a UFO? Folks who live in the San Luis Valley have their own opinions. Judy Messoline, a resident of Hooper, runs the UFO Watchtower. People from all over the world flock to it annually with hopes of witnessing something that's out of this world.

And here is the video that was in the article.

Now, are the media really so clueless that they cannot explain this 'sighting', or is it simply sensationalist crap put up to try to get more clicks?

One would think that with more than 7 minutes of video of an object that doesn't make any rapid movements, nor do anything that seems unconventional, other than appear slightly unusual to the eye, they could make an effort at identifying the object.

I'm pretty certain that either this video, or one that is very similar has appeared on ATS not too long ago, and was resolved to the satisfaction of most. Yes, technically it may be a Ufo, but not of the ilk the newspaper is promoting. I can't quite remember if this was a google loom, or another kind of balloon, but I'm pretty certain this has been well and truly explained, which leads me to wonder at the motives of whoever published this story.
edit on 1-11-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

which leads me to wonder at the motives of whoever published this story.

when something that does not even know its greater purpose anymore
is dying..
it will do anything to survive

the MSM is dying..

it's miller time

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
so your reposting it why?you said yourself its crap so i,m wondering your motives for even bringing it back up

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I saw one these the last week of September over Las Vegas, I talked about it here.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's your average, every-day weather/other balloon:

You can see the ridges around the balloon. You can see the device that's being carried under the balloon. The sun is shining on top/side of the balloon while the underside is shadowed.

Easy-peasy.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
so your reposting it why?you said yourself its crap so i,m wondering your motives for even bringing it back up

No, I'm not reposting it, this is a new article.
I think my own motives should be evident from the questions in my op.

originally posted by: jaws1975
I saw one these the last week of September over Las Vegas, I talked about it here.

Yes, that's the one, and I think it was resolved at the end of thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Spot on its the first thing I noticed too.........

you can clearly see the tell tale charactaristics

edit on 11/1/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
doesnt look like typical ufo so maybe it is a real weather balloon

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Seems to me that the video is overdubbed. The sound is far far too clear for something outside, unless it was recorded on professional microphones.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Not terribly impressed with the deductive reasoning of the good people of Crestone...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Its not their job to investigate it, Its thier job to get people to watch and read the news, so they just report someone elses sighting. That way they get lots of attention and they dont have to look like fools.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It is not rare to see the media show obviously wrong things to make the real thing unbelievable and annoying or showing a whole almost legit documentary and at the end make it all worthless to tell your brain not to get into it again.

Most news seem to come from the 2 big global news agencies, because they cannot have a million photographers around the world themselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
IMO it is NOT a weather balloon. I would like to see someone send up a weather/other balloon and duplicate that appearance. It has more of a non solid ball of energy appearance to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This is Colorado? news agencies there are on the ball when it comes to scientific ummm…. stuff.
You can be sure that any real fizzle won't get through their fizzled filters.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I'm pretty certain that either this video, or one that is very similar has appeared on ATS not too long ago, and was resolved to the satisfaction of most.

There was and it was , don't remember if the OP video is the same one as in the other thread but it looks like another of these.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Looks a lot like Google's Loon balloon that was over Sydney, Australia a few weeks ago.
www.google.com...
About the same altitude too.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Didn't even have to watch the video, i got the same as you just from the still on the video box.

Which begs the question, are the media attempting to explain all UFO sightings away as coming from stupid people who cannot recognise the obvious?

They knew exactly what this 'UFO' was and is, yet still run the story as a UFO from 'outta space'.

Their angle is more interesting than the UFO.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The YouTube comments say that this was filmed by a meteorologist, so he should know how a weather balloon looks like.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

That depends, my cheap Samsung photo camera has a very good omnidirectional microphone.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

The YouTube comments say that this was filmed by a meteorologist, so he should know how a weather balloon looks like.

Seeing the youtube video is uploaded by none other than Scott Stevens...it wasn't filmed by a meteorologist.

He is just a tv weatherman.

Metabunk has a good debunking of Mr. Stevens as being a meteorologist.

www.metabunk.org...

So I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

In fact here is a bit more of Mr. Stevens work...

weatherwars.info...

He is far from being a credible source. IMO.
edit on 2-11-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join