It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Cases Outside of Africa all 5 of them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark
While the Ebola infection rates are still doubling every three weeks,

Doubling every three weeks? In the US, the index case infected two people, almost exactly three weeks ago. They did not infect anyone else, and have been cleared of the virus. A second imported case appears not to have infected anyone so far. Similarly negligible "outbreaks" have also been stemmed in Spain and several African countries. Outside West Africa, the infection rate is at--or hovering very near to--zero. Doubling zero is still zero.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

What do you expect on ATS? lol

Some folk really need to actually look into ebola what it can and what it can not do I think.

Now the real conspiracy is why the media in the US are blowing it right out of proportion.
Everywhere else they are playing it down and telling us facts about it (in the UK they are anyhow) but in the USA it's a media frenzy.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Please stop calling people who believe differently from you sheeple. It's rude and implies that that person is stupid. I don't see stupidity I see differing but articulate opinions being offered. Try showing some respect. Nothing being offered by opposing opinions so far is stupid. Please...

ply to: lakesidepark

edit on AMu30u11114457302014-11-01T09:57:29-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Does that depend on your location?

Like what if your talking to me and I'm I'm Africa?

Africa is the largest continent on the planet. LOL. It's still exponential. If you're in Johannesburg or Cairo or even in Madagascar you'll probably be ok.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyThoughts
I have made no claims.
Well, I guess I have made one.
Ebola can become a worldwide pandemic in it's current form.
Your claim is that if it hasn't happened yet, then it's never going to happen.
How can one refute such wisdom?

edit on 1-11-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Well one of the traits of a pandemic disease is that it spreads whenever it gets the chance, like in a plane full of people. If it doesn't at all in multiple cases, why would it do so in future cases? Yes it does in Africa, because, for instance, they like to drag around their dead loved ones.

Here is another chance for you to explain why it would act differently in the future. Again, I'll await your answer.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Like I said,
You win
Enjoy your thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Cases inside Africa: 10,000.

The response to the crisis: priceless.

There's no doubt that that the media has taken the ball and ran with it, But still Ebola has claimed thousands of lives and it needs to be nipped in the bud.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
I have made no claims.
Well, I guess I have made one.
Ebola can become a worldwide pandemic in it's current form.
How can one refute such wisdom?

It absolutely CAN become a worldwide pandemic. But not by a healthcare worker walking around when they are not confirmed to be contagious. It can become a worldwide pandemic by us fueling our ignorance of how the disease spreads, and by ostracizing the very people who can help save us.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
. This thread is devolving like so many others have with personal insults. Too bad. We might have learned something if we could have kept the venom out. Not saying you spread venom. Just making an observation I guess.

edit on AMu30u11114433302014-11-01T10:33:02-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Oh yeah... What if I'm in Liberia?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

We both win. You won "the most inadequate poster" award.

Congrats.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
That's still exponential isn't it? Just the other end of the spectrum. If you're in Liberia avoid crowds and don't tend the dead.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Posts like that can get you banned. Tone it down or take a time out. a reply to: HappyThoughts

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Wow autumnwitch woke up on the controlling and incredibly logical side of the bed today, or what they call the wrong side of the bed where I'm from.

Also it's a good thing their informing th public of Ebola it's probably saving lives.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Come on, the guy is asking for it. He has been given multiple chances to explain why it would become a pandemic, opposed to the facts. All he responds with is childish passive aggressive drivel.
edit on 1-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: HappyThoughts

Sorry, DP.
edit on 1-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think what he's saying is that we shouldn't expect it to suddenly start behaving in a manner contrary to its history. That's kind of like worrying about pigs flying. The little Gieco fella excluded of course. a reply to: badgerprints

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I think what he's saying is that we shouldn't expect it to suddenly start behaving in a manner contrary to its history.

I don't think so, since the history shows that it hasn't really spread outside of Africa at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Getting post banned for two weeks taught me something. I'm thinking if others can learn from my mistakes it's a good thing. I hurt my head falling off a bike when I was a kid. I made my kids wear helmets. It's the same thing.
I'm not trying to control anyone just spreading wisdom. LOL. I have a cat who says wow whenever I enter a room. Who am I to argue.
a reply to: onequestion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join