It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Cases Outside of Africa all 5 of them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
I really thought it would spread more easily. I guess it doesn't. So much bad info. It lives on surfaces for a long time. It takes one virus to infect you. It can be aerosolized. But apparently you have to roll around in an infected persons vomit. Oh and healthcare workers can only get it. Even with ppe.

Sorry for being such a dope guys

No worries friend. There is a lot of bad information out there. And for the record it doesn't live long on surfaces, it's killed by sunlight and can be cleaned away with simple bleach solutions. No you don't have to roll around in vomit to get it but you do need to have prolonged contact with the very very ill to get it. The proof of that is in the still relatively small number of people who had gotten sick in the past year.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What heavy censorship and spin? We've been advised of every single potential threat . Every case, both secondary cases here in the US and the movements of those who are even slightly a potential risk. If this is an example of the way the secret cabal works its a wonder the NWO can even decide what to have for lunch. a reply to: nukedog

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

You didn't notice an immediate muzzling by the MSM the day after we got an Ebola Ceasar? What do you think he does? Invests money in combating this disease? He did a good job with all the government contracts for hazmat suits.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

You began your post with a short list of KNOWN Ebola infections in Spain and the U.S. With the information blackout and news embargo by the CDC, and the cooperation of Western governments to contol the infromation flow about Ebola, there is NO WAY we can confirm the first item presented as fact by your post.

Ok, and I suppose your pure specualtion is more believable? So there actually is a large outbreak outside of Africa that is being covered up? That is what you are saying? So do you have anything to back up this notion?

How many covered up cases do you estimate there are? Surely you could find a few cases of worried family members telling their story.

You also note that only 1 of those listed had died, and neglected to add the facts about the differences in the treatments of the one that died and the others that live. Another misguiding tidbit that serves to calm the sheeple.

Right. I just qouted the info that was there. Even if they all died, that still would be an insignificant number of 5 deaths. Doesn't even change my point.

No one has to jump aboard the doom train to understand this virus is significantly different than any pathogen we have dealt with in recent history, and that this version of Ebola seems to have characteristics different than the strains in previous outbreaks, nor to understand that this Ebola outbreak is the FIRST ebola outbreak to continue sustained REPEATING human-to-human transmission, allowing this Ebola opportunities to mutate and adapt to humans as hosts (Ebola mutates faster than the flu and is only beaten by HIV for mutation rates). The short is, we don't know everything about the virus yet that we need to know, and this virus is changing in the wake of this outbreak, so we may have to adapt along the way.

Yada yada, wait and see drivel drivel.

How much time has to pass for you to admit it is a virtual non issue. One month, two, a year?

If we are already seeing a trickle of infections making it here with the numbers of infections at 10,000 confirmed (probably at least 2-4 times that unconfirmed)....then how many cases do you expect to see here when the numbers there grow to 100,000? When the virus spreads to another region with more commerce to the U.S.?

You mean IF they grow to 100,0000. Not many cases, especially since there is much more attention given to it now.

You are doing a good deed to calm the sheeple.

I am doing this because I am annoyed by the idiocy.

edit on 1-11-2014 by HappyThoughts because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

No worries friend. There is a lot of bad information out there. ........ The proof of that is in the still relatively small number of people who had gotten sick in the past year.

Have you seen that retirement savings commercial with the dominoes stacked on the plaza, starting with a small domino and progressing to each being a bit larger? I would happily stand under the first three or four of them as they began to fall. By the 10th domino, it was large enough to make a dent, and the final domino was so huge it would crush you like a bug.

The Ebola infection numbers continue to grow, much like the size of the dominos in that commercial. We are making judgements based on the size of the outbreak NOW. Yet, it is not STABLE, it keeps GROWING.

When the infection rates level off and stop increasing by the rate of double every 3 weeks, then we can use the current rates of Ebola infections to make our policy decisions.

This kinda compares to people who were saying Katrina was not that bad (at that time they said it) because they only reported 9 deaths the first day after it struck New Orleans - only a week later that number had grown into the thousands....facts are still being created, we can't make any conclusions on just the beginning of a wave.

While it still continues to double, we cannot act like things will stay the SAME. They will NOT.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyThoughts

We need people like you too remind us all how dumb we are. Are you sure you aren't the Ebola Ceasar?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HappyThoughts

Irony.

There isn't a pandemic outside of Africa so there never will be right?
Anyone who disagrees is an idiot.
You are annoyed that others have opinions that differ from yours so you are going to put a stop to it?
Cool

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

While it still continues to double, we cannot act like things will stay the SAME. They will NOT.

It is only doubling in a region of Africa. Outside of Africa there is no significant issue at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

There isn't a pandemic outside of Africa so there never will be right?

If Ebola had the potential to become a pandemic there would've already been more infections around the world. Simple as that.

Btw, there is no pandemic in Africa either. A pandemic is a worldwide epidemic. So that's two things you don't understand.

You are annoyed that others have opinions that differ from yours so you are going to put a stop to it?

No I am annoyed that these specific opinions are idiotic. And I will offer a simple to understand(at least one would expect) line of thought to counter this.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Ok, and I suppose your pure specualtion is more believable? So there actually is a large outbreak outside of Africa that is being covered up? That is what you are saying? So do you have anything to back up this notion?

How many covered up cases do you estimate there are? Surely you could find a few cases of worried family members telling their story.

Actually I have, but I cannot present it here. I would just state that you may want to keep an eye on how many soldiers return from the current quarantine in Italy, and how many do not....

Right. I just qouted the info that was there. Even if they all died, that still would be an insignificant number of 5 deaths. Doesn't even change my point.

No, but it added to the sheeple calming effect so it had to be addressed as well.

Yada yada, wait and see drivel drivel.

How much time has to pass for you to admit it is a virtual non issue. One month, two, a year?

However much time it takes for the Ebola infection rates to stop doubling and level off, and ONLY at that point can we make final conclusions on how much of a future hazard this will be.
That HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.

You mean IF they grow to 100,000. Not many cases, especially since there is much more attention given to it now.

By early next year (and maybe sooner) we will see that 100,000 number so you will not have to wait long.
UNLESS THE INFECTION RATES level off, we WILL GET THERE.

And so am I.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

We need people like you too remind us all how dumb we are.

Yes, that dumb.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

What's it like in lala land?

I appreciate your input on the whole issue however condescending it may or may not intentionally be. It's cool you think it's no big deal. People are going to worry regardless of what you think.

Pro tip. Ebola threads have the word "Ebola" in the title. If you click on it, you're going to have a bad time.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

.....I am annoyed that these specific opinions are idiotic. And I will offer a simple to understand(at least one would expect) line of thought to counter this.

I see that simple line of thought to be:

1) Government figures being offered by an administration hellbent on holding power in an election season are not being controlled and manipulated;
2) The CDC advice and guidelines are infallible and have nothing to do with preventing fear and panic;
3) The news media is not controlled and is not trying to withhold information...
4) The administration is not biased toward keeping all of our borders open and flooding this country with immigrants;
5) Therefore we should trust what we hear and not worry at all, Obola has our backs no problems happy thoughts for all.

March on happy sheeple, on to the cliffs!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So,
you set the timeline on when things should have happened? I don't think nature follows your thoughts on when things should have gone on.

i do agree. Your line of thought is quite simple but not very thoughtful.
Your classification of others opinion as idiotic doesn't actually make it so.
Although it does indicate that you may be more emotional than logical.

A pandemic is an infection that is spread across a large region. It is not exclusive in definition to "worldwide."
See. Just saying someone is wrong does not actually make it so.

edit on 1-11-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
err on the side of caution

Contents

1 English
1.1 Verb
1.1.1 Translations
1.2 See also

English
Verb

err on the side of caution

(idiomatic) To act in the least risky manner in a situation in which one is uncertain about the consequences.  [quotations ▼]

Translations
[show ▼]to act in the least risky manner
See also

better safe than sorry
err on the side of

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Actually I have, but I cannot present it here. I would just state that you may want to keep an eye on how many soldiers return from the current quarantine in Italy, and how many do not....

Aw, you can't here? What a pity.

I see, I'll have to wait and see some more. Off course.

No, but it added to the sheeple calming effect so it had to be addressed as well.

What are you trying to say?

However much time it takes for the Ebola infection rates to stop doubling and level off, and ONLY at that point can we make final conclusions on how much of a future hazard this will be. That HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.

In Africa, yes. Why do you keep forgetting to mention it is in Africa only? Trying to scare the sheeple.....?

By early next year (and maybe sooner) we will see that 100,000 number so you will not have to wait long. UNLESS THE INFECTION RATES level off, we WILL GET THERE.

In Africa maybe. Still no indication of possible pandemic whatsoever.

Yes, just wait and see drivel drivel.

And so am I.

Write a thread about it!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
sadly it doesn't take a lot of cases to cripple the health-care system.

With Ebola crippling the health system, Liberians die of routine medical problems

www.washingtonpost.com...
Ebola virus could overwhelm health care system,

Ebola virus could overwhelm health care system, October 29, 2014

The American health care apparatus is so unprepared and short on resources to deal with the deadly Ebola virus that even small clusters of cases could overwhelm parts of the system, according to an Associated Press review of readiness at hospitals and other components of the emergency medical network. Experts broadly agree that a widespread nationwide outbreak is extremely unlikely, but they concur that it is impossible to predict with certainty, since previous Ebola epidemics have been confined to remote areas of Africa. And Ebola is not the only possible danger that causes concern; experts say other deadly infectious diseases — ranging from airborne viruses such as SARS, to an unforeseen new strain of the flu, to more exotic plagues like Lassa fever — could crash the health care system.

memo, if the government says don't worry, worry

triblive.com...
edit on 083030p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 083030p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Of course things won't stay the same, if more volunteers don't go over there to help stop the spread of the disease. The problem here in America now, is not ebola. The problem here now, is irrational fear. That irrational fear is turning into irrational anger, which will demotivate the healthcare workers who are considering going over to West Africa. With less people going over there, the problem will continue to grow, until it actually does spread across the world.

We need to use our critical thinking skills, stay calm, and realize that ebola is spread during the late stages of the disease, NOT when you feel a little sluggish or have a low-grade fever. Think about it. If ebola was that easily spread before anyone really knew they were sick, we would have seen millions more infected at this point. Millions.

What we need in West Africa are more treatment centers to put the ill in to isolate them, and we need more healthcare workers to treat them. Without the treatment centers, the ill have nowhere to go, so they stay home and infect others while in the later stages of the disease. If people die while in the treatment centers, their bodies need to be handled properly, and we need more volunteers to take care of that.

We need to focus on West Africa right now, and not whether we are going to get ebola on the subway from the sweat of someone who isn't really contagious.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν pan "all" and δῆμος demos "people") is an epidemic of infectious disease that has spread through human populations across a large region; for instance multiple continents, or even worldwide.

I think it is safe to say that it is not a pandemic if it's only in a region on one continent. I would say that multiple continents is basically the same as worldwide. You really going to argue with this?

So, you set the timeline on when things should have happened? I don't think nature follows your thoughts on when things should have gone on.

It is clear that Ebola, in its current from is not infectious enough to become a pandemic. If it was more people would have been infected worldwide. Why is this so hard to understand? Infected people have travelled. No other passengers got sick.

The only thing you can argue is that it will mutate and become airborne. Are you going to go for that angle? At least go for that angle then to make at least a little bit of sense.

Just saying someone is wrong does not actually make it so.

No logic and facts do.

The only thing I heard to refute the logic and facts is "you wait and see", and "there is a cover up".

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: nukedog

We need people like you too remind us all how dumb we are.

Yes, that dumb.

Off topic a bit, I note the join date of 10/21/2014 and a total of 66 posts. Half of them Ebola related, with some other tangents on Syria and ISIS and remote viewing thrown in for good measure.

Why did you join this last week?
Would it be that you felt a need to address Ebola disinformation because of your great concern for the public sanity?

Or...to discredit anyone giving information that may not agree with the government position on the subject of Ebola?

People reading your opinions on this matter need to see where your opinions come from. In my case, if you go thru my past threads, you might find I have a bit more experience with understanding viral disorders originating from Africa (oh wait, you CANNOT see everything since you have only 66 posts)....

Well, anyways, I have an opinion, and it is not idiocy, it just happens to be different from yours, and based on some knowledge, not the ABSENCE of knowledge.

We must look at every situation based on not only what is already proven, but with consideration of what is yet to be known. Your opinions totally exclude what is yet to be known, and based strictly on official government figures and statements. People on ATS always believe and trust official government figures!

I'm done, said my peace here and hope I popped a couple of eyes open, but if not, so be it. Time for me to move on to another thread that is not based on disinformation created and pushed into the media by the Obola administration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join