It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada won't issue visas to residents of countries with widespread Ebola

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ya know, I think we can stop now. Things are looking up. I'm very happy it seems thing are under control, since the CDC is now taking their responsibilities seriously.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
a reply to: dianajune

I think Canada is wise in their decision...and I think the USA should to the same.

Edit: I care about all the countries and the people in them that are suffering from Ebola; I want them to get well and be healthy; and I hope TPTB find a solution.

However...people that are in the USA and all the other countries; I want them to be well too and not get Ebola; I think that Canada is just using a common sense approach in protecting their people until things get better.

Agreed. A common sense approach would be nice in the U.S. What a pity that our intrepid "leaders" don't have that quality.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yeah. They should be more like Ted Cruz.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

We already have thousands coming to the US across the borders why does the US still need to issue visa to other countries around the world, most of the people that the visas are issue to, over extend the visas once they are within the US and never go back to their countries.

I guess free for all and open borders is the motto of those running this nation to the ground.

This is true. Our wide-open borders, esp. in the South, make the risk of more Ebola cases even higher. Not only does the Administration refuse to use common sense with respect to quarantines, travel bans, etc, they refuse to close our borders.

It's almost as if they're trying to ruin this country.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Canada is following in Australia's footsteps and is suspending visa applications for residents and nationals of the West African countries battling Ebola. The federal government signalled it would stop issuing visas in the worker, student or visitor class and won't issue any pending permanent residency visas for people from those countries either. Any applications already in the system will also not be processed at this time.

www.ctvnews.ca...

If only the U.S. would follow suit, but something tells me that even if we had Ebola in every state that the Feds would not give in to common sense. Jerks.

It's a bit late for Canada to start reacting to what should have been dealt with almost two months if not more ago..
Your thread has good points but its much too late for anyone to drop the hammer on it as it should have been done ages ago.

The day they arrive, students are seen by a registered nurse at the college, are being asked questions and having their temperature taken, said Rob Kardas, executive director of student services. Twice more they're checked before the end of the 21-day incubation period, and are asked to take their own temperatures twice daily in the interim. If symptoms are detected, the student is taken to Bluewater Health where healthcare workers will take over infection control, Kardas said. “We do think the risk is very low here,” he said, noting the screening process was developed in concert with Lambton Public Health and Bluewater Health.

And if you read on it states that they placed more hand sanitizers in the College.......LOL
Please read the date on the article, and if you please you should see some of the "letters to the editor"
Now that was two months ago almost to the day and half of those students did not even make it to Canada,
and that we are grateful for.

We don't like the idea of politicians setting the medical protocols when its obvious they cannot even balance a budget.

It's a little late in the race to be not issuing Visa's in our opinion.
Linky below
www.theobserver.ca...

Regards, Iwinder
S&F for your thread

edit on 31-10-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Let's stop the petty bickering or I will ask a mod to delete this thread. Whatever differences of opinion we may have re. Ebola and how our gov't should address this should not cause anyone here to be petty or childish.

I've been on other message boards where the bickering was so bad I left. I hope it won't come to that here but if it does that is what I intend to do.

I do not tolerate trolls. Period.

edit on 31-10-2014 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I wish to apologize for not making it clear who my above post was directed towards. I realize we all have differences of opinion about Ebola and how our gov't should handle this crisis. But what really gets me is how some people will just pick on anyone who believes this disease is a threat.

Hence my rant from last evening. I would have deleted it and tried but could not.

Anyway, it wasn't directed towards "lwinder" but someone else.

Please, can't we just all get along and be civil? Whenever someone tries to pick a fight with me I generally ignore such messages because I am not here to argue. I started this thread because I thought it was great that Canada took concrete steps to protect its citizens. What a pity that the U.S. gov't refuses to do the same.

Trolling really gets to me.....I can't imagine why some choose to do so over and over.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"Canada won't issue visas to residents of countries with widespread Ebola"

Thank God for Canada. Love them. They are not perfect, but every once in a while they do a three-point shot.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
So when is this epidemic due to hit America with our lax policies? So far there's no signs of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
So when is this epidemic due to hit America with our lax policies? So far there's no signs of it.

when it becomes profitable

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Good, its the first thing Canada has done that makes sense. Leave them Africans over there with their problems and we wont get it here. I feel the same way about AIDS too

Good job Canada with banning visa for ebola people!!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from and I sympathize with the 'troll' part ...*sigh*

Why some people have a hard time digesting this 'quarantine' and 'bans' I have no idea, other than they either just want to argue or simply they just don't get it

So far, the US doesn't seem to have a bad Ebola problem at the moment, so far
It would be nice to keep it that way even if it means banning people until they are deemed clear of any virus

What's wrong with being cautious?
Nothing that I can see

And it doesn't help when people that work in the medical field disobey the orders given to them that are put in place to protect others
People can be so selfish & inconsiderate

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

At least someone is being honest about not caring about other human beings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join