It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Blocks Access to Contested Holy Site in Jerusalem. Palestinian spokesman calls it “War"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

In general I wouldn't say "want" although I would assume a small minority may harbor desires for such direct action. However many Christian views of eschatology require a third temple to be built in order for an event known as the abomination of desolation (at which time the Antichrist will enter the temple and declare himself to be God) to occur. I also believe many Jews believe that in order for Messiah to come there must be a temple in Jerusalem.

Some have proposed that the temple mount can be shared and that this will be a major issue within the 7 year treaty made by Antichrist with Israel.

So personally I wouldn't want it destroyed by Israeli or Christian instigation because of the suffering it would unleash, but I believe a third temple necessary for the end of the age and for the eventual occurrence of the battle at Armageddon.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
2 Peter 3:3-4

As for Sands he is a biased self hating Jew who distorts history because he appalls the politics and actions of modern Israel. Genetics link the Jews to the Levant and to the Palestinians themselves. chronicle.com...
edit on 10/31/2014 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

That only applied until Jesus was killed, from God's POV, when that curtain in the temple was split in 2 at Jesus death that meant the time of special rules for the temple were over. I believe in the whole bible too, but the Mosaic laws had an expiry date on them, and it was 33 AD.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The "who had it first" argument does not work. Not for the reasons that are obvious though.

If we went by "who had it first", we should be returning CONUS to the Indian nation....

Basically, "who has it now" - are the rightful owners. It may seem unfair, but it stops a lot of arguing and confusion.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Of course scoffers come at the end of any religion. Scoffing is what usually what happens at the end of public acceptance. Spiritual debt slavery is a very hard sell to younger generations. Especially a scam so easy to dismiss with the internet.

My question is why would i believe what you say? Why should i trust you, if you are unable to see reality thru your fictional indoctrination? Bias indeed. Take off the blinders and fact check your scripture first. It is far from inerrant.

Besides, religion is racial? Are you sure? It is not. What happened in the 8th century?

Timeline rejected.

Have a very happy Halloween.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

That only applied until Jesus was killed, from God's POV, when that curtain in the temple was split in 2 at Jesus death that meant the time of special rules for the temple were over. I believe in the whole bible too, but the Mosaic laws had an expiry date on them, and it was 33 AD.

That is the conclusion that you have accepted. From the view of many Jews, the Law is very much still intact. There are even some who accept both Jesus and the Law.

I do understand Saul of Tarsus ("Apostle Paul") said and wrote many things,... however, according to the ministry of Jesus in the Gospels, he is quoted as saying;

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

- Matthew 8:17-18

I am neither defending nor supporting the Rabbinical edict which allows access for only the priestly caste,... simply, I provided the religious backdrop of the Jews who seek restricted access for the Temple grounds and "Holy of Holies",... for the understanding and benefit of the discussion.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
The "who had it first" argument does not work. Not for the reasons that are obvious though.

If we went by "who had it first", we should be returning CONUS to the Indian nation....

Basically, "who has it now" - are the rightful owners. It may seem unfair, but it stops a lot of arguing and confusion.

Hello MarkJS. I hope we all understand how completely delicate the entire Israeli/Palestinian issues are. To be completely honest, when we unilaterally choose a side, we completely miss the bigger picture. We ignore one form of evil for another form of evil. We praise one form of good while rejecting the another form of good.

I am not in support of uprooting Israelis, Jews, Palestinians, Muslims, Christians, or Arabs. I have chosen to support singular brotherhood and peace.

I would like to discuss your single sentence; "who has it now" - are the rightful owners."

My brother, this line of thinking is very simple and very easy when we are discussing the history of generations past. However, the very ones who were forcefully expelled, or voluntarily fled, or became constrained into the open-air prisons of the West Bank and Gaza Strip,... these very ones are still alive right now. We can not ease the suffering of time past, but there are people suffering today.

I believe that, "Who has it now," is flawed, because if we adhere to this, it would be justifiable to take by force anything from anyone, and simply exclaim by power, "I have it now."

The reasoning I have presented so far is cosmos away from supporting terrorism or defending attacks against Israeli/Jews. Simply, when considering the Israeli-Palestinian issues, we must consider the entire picture from all perspectives, while taking into account and consideration the full-scope of historic and modern events. The overall conflict is far too complicated to simply pick and support a side.

It is of my deepest opinion that any answers or solutions outside the realm of Love, Peace, Compassion, and Understanding will simply breed more conflict, rather than reconciliation.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The who owns it now is a tough sell within a century, after that that it is pretty much a mute issue and it becomes a tough sell reverting back to the old owners. I give you this video, it's impossible to say who is right. Is Italy going to say they want the territory of the old Roman Empire back ? Are the natives going want to take control of all of North America because they used to own it ?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The who owns it now is a tough sell within a century, after that that it is pretty much a mute issue and it becomes a tough sell reverting back to the old owners. I give you this video, it's impossible to say who is right. Is Italy going to say they want the territory of the old Roman Empire back ? Are the natives going want to take control of all of North America because they used to own it ?
[snip]

No and no. Life doesn't work like that. People move on and make what ever life they can in the new situation(s) they find themselves in. Life goes on.

People who have a mentality of complaining and whining about how it used to be, are essentially living a victim mentality and are living in the past. This kind of thinking does not lend itself to progress and improving one's lot in the here and now. Could be a problem.
edit on 1/11/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

I wonder if the Muslims that claim Jerusalem claim to be decedents of the Jebusites, it would make there claim going back too before 1000 BCE, that is over 3000 years ago, before King David conquered that city.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Awesome freaking YouTube video. Thanks for posting

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Hello again Blue_Jay33 and MarkJS.

I am sorry for the confusion, but I have already stated that I do not support the uprooting of Israelis, Jews, Palestinians, Muslims, Christians, or Arabs. My discussion is not catered towards Pro-Israel, Pro-Palestine, Anti-Israel, or Anti-Palestine world views.

I am not saying to "give the land back" to the Palestinians. Simply, a few people in the discussion inaccurately stated that the land originally belonged to the Jews. However, the facts of the matter are that the wandering Jews of Exodus originally took the land from the various ancestors of the modern day Palestinians. And as a result of World War 2, the land was again taken from the descendants of the original Canaanites, i.e., Palestinians. These are the facts, simply to correct the incorrect belief that the Levant has always belonged to the Children of Israel, while the Palestinians have no right. Stating these facts does not mean that I promote the expulsion of Jews from the Promised Land. No, no, no!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

"People move on and make what ever life they can in the new situation(s) they find themselves in. Life goes on."
- MarkJS

What a cruel and heartless mankind we would have been if we had employed this methodology during the Holocaust! To ignore the suffering of the Jews, tell them to move on, make whatever life they can in the new situation of Naziism that they find themselves in, and tell them life goes on. But the world did not ignore their suffering, and many are proud of this.

Yes, the Jews have suffered throughout history, and everyone deserves a home and place of safety. Yes, there have been Palestinian, Islamic, and Arab individuals, groups, and factions who have conducted both military and terrorist attacks against Israelis/Jews.

For a few moments, let us put aside our emotions, finger pointing, biases, and side-taking to look at the bigger picture.

Think very hard as to the main grievance of the Palestinians; Their homes were lost through forced expulsion, intimidation, or voluntarily fleeing the situation. As a direct result of the post WWII migration of diasporic Jews into the State of Israel, many Palestinians living RIGHT NOW are suffering homelessness and poverty. The last several decades have seen major land encroachment of the Israelis into the West Bank, and an open-air prison being built around Gaza.

I am not saying that Israelis don't have a right of return, a right of safety, or a right to defend themselves. But every freedom an Israeli has, I believe a Palestinian should have.

I am not saying that indiscriminate attacks against Israelis or Jews is ok. But indiscriminate attacks against Palestinians or Muslims isn't ok either.

Currently, we are so entrenched in the "eye-for-an-eye" mentality that all we see is distrust, prejudice, hate, injustice, violence, and death. Revenge and reprisal attacks one after the other from both sides. It no longer matters who started what, all that is left is a vacuum void of Love, Compassion, and Understanding.

I am so serious when I tell you,... the only true solution will come from Love, Compassion, and Understanding.

It has already begun: Jews and Arabs Refuse To Be Enemies

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I wonder if the Muslims that claim Jerusalem claim to be decedents of the Jebusites, it would make there claim going back too before 1000 BCE, that is over 3000 years ago, before King David conquered that city.

There were a variety of peoples living in the Levant before it came under post-Exodus Israeli authority. Canaanites, Phoenicians, Philistines, Edomites, Jebusites, and other descendants of Shem (Semites) and Eber (B'nei Eber and Hebrews) lived throughout the Promised Land.

The modern day Palestinians are a blended mixture of the various original Levantines, Arabs, and also, remnants of the original Israelites of the kingdoms of Judah and the North. Throughout Biblical, past, and modern history, many Jewish individuals and families have converted to Islam or Christianity, or married outside of Israeli/Jewish society. Through time, these ex-Jewish individuals have lost their recognition as belonging to the House of Israel, and have assimilated into the Palestinian populace.

Amongst other genetic markers, Shem, Ham, Eber, Canaan, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel), Esau, and Ishmael contribute to the Palestinian gene pool.

P.S.
Did you know that the Arabic pronunciation of "Palestine" and "Palestinian" is "Philistine"?

edit on 11/1/14 by Sahabi because: Add P.S.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Currently, we are so entrenched in the "eye-for-an-eye" mentality that all we see is distrust, prejudice, hate, injustice, violence, and death. Revenge and reprisal attacks one after the other from both sides. It no longer matters who started what, all that is left is a vacuum void of Love, Compassion, and Understanding.

I am so serious when I tell you,... the only true solution will come from Love, Compassion, and Understanding.

Yes and amen. Also the majority of the people over there just want to live their lives, and see the 'others' as neighbors. Its the powers that are warring… as usual.

Shalom

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Seems like the best way to settle this would be to pit the head of house Rothschild against the Abdullah of Saudi. Armed combat. Temple Mount thunder dome style. Two man enter. One man leave!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

P.S.
Did you know that the Arabic pronunciation of "Palestine" and "Palestinian" is "Philistine"?

Interesting, now where is Samson to take care of busisness, just joking

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Well I think there's a difference between a large influx of Khazars and other ethnic groups into Judaism and a complete lack of historical claim in the Levant. The poor choices and apparently dark motivations of Israel today are, in my opinion, predicted in the book of Joshua. The Israelites were told that because of their lack of faith they would be tested by the foreigners among them, that said foreigners would become hooks in their sides. They (and I think the poor fruits of their labors show) their Biblical claim to the land is postponed.

But I don't expect you to accept my religious beliefs on my word. I only desire you keep an open heart, it doesn't hurt and my hope can remain. So that a worthy soul may bring you the truth.

The time has passed; but I hope your Halloween was also a happy one.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
a reply to: samsamm9

In my opinion? A sign created by Xenophobic Religious Supremacists.

Clearly, the Palestinians are at fault.

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

What a cruel and heartless mankind we would have been if we had employed this methodology during the Holocaust! To ignore the suffering of the Jews, tell them to move on, make whatever life they can in the new situation of Naziism that they find themselves in, and tell them life goes on. But the world did not ignore their suffering, and many are proud of this.

Yes, the Jews have suffered throughout history, and everyone deserves a home and place of safety. Yes, there have been Palestinian, Islamic, and Arab individuals, groups, and factions who have conducted both military and terrorist attacks against Israelis/Jews.

For a few moments, let us put aside our emotions, finger pointing, biases, and side-taking to look at the bigger picture.

Think very hard as to the main grievance of the Palestinians; Their homes were lost through forced expulsion, intimidation, or voluntarily fleeing the situation. As a direct result of the post WWII migration of diasporic Jews into the State of Israel, many Palestinians living RIGHT NOW are suffering homelessness and poverty. The last several decades have seen major land encroachment of the Israelis into the West Bank, and an open-air prison being built around Gaza.

I am not saying that Israelis don't have a right of return, a right of safety, or a right to defend themselves. But every freedom an Israeli has, I believe a Palestinian should have.

I am not saying that indiscriminate attacks against Israelis or Jews is ok. But indiscriminate attacks against Palestinians or Muslims isn't ok either.

It has already begun: Jews and Arabs Refuse To Be Enemies

In a perfect world, love, peace and understanding should rule. Agreed.

Unfortunately it's not a perfect world... And instead of the Palestinians grieving and mourning and preoccupying about their lost land - to wit they would prefer that Israel was wiped off the map... they should move on at this point. Looking backwards continually obstructs one's travels when moving forward.

Well there will be a peace agreement forged out.... Don't know when. The Bible states that a seven-year agreement will be made, and the antichrist will acknowledge it. It will be an agreement for peace, but it will be a false peace, as prophesied in the scriptures. Daniel 9:27 NKJV

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join