It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Blocks Access to Contested Holy Site in Jerusalem. Palestinian spokesman calls it “War"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

It has to be a joke.. right?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Is this the mosque that fundamentalist Christians want to destroy to JumpStart the apocalypse?

There are certain groups of both Jews and Christians who want Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock destroyed. The purpose is to rebuild the Temple. To some Jews, this is theorized to bring the Jewish Messiah into the world, and to some Christians, this is theorized to begin Armageddon and the"End of Days."

The first target is Al-Aqsa. The media shows the "Dome of the Rock," while ignoring images of Al-Aqsa Mosque,... but it is Al-Aqsa Mosque that is under direct threat from "excavations" and diggings by archeologists. After Al-Aqsa has been destroyed, the clandestine groups will turn focus on the Dome of the Rock.

But always remember, "Al-Aqsa Mosque" and the "Dome of the Rock" are two very separate buildings.

edit on 10/30/14 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

In my opinion? A sign created by Xenophobic Religious Supremacists.

Clearly, the Palestinians are at fault.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the people in the America's have lost interest in the story line and really don't care much for that family feud. its getting cancelled like a Soap Opera that's run far too long.

so...something has to happen so we all look. without America paying attention, its almost like nothing is happening.

its very difficult for me to care as i've never wanted to visit the place, don't consider it more holy than a number of places right here in my own land and i have my own laws given to me by God.

they should give it a rest already.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

And what does that mean ?

originally posted by: Not Authorized

In my opinion? A sign created by Xenophobic Religious Supremacists.

Clearly, the Palestinians are at fault.

Actually, the sign is according to Biblical Judaic law:

"No one is to enter the temple of the LORD except the priests and Levites on duty; they may enter because they are consecrated, but all the others are to observe the LORD's command not to enter."

2 Chronicles 23:6

Only the priestly caste of the Levites may enter the Temple and perform duties, while only the Kohanim (High Priest) may enter the Holy of Holies.

edit on 10/30/14 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

That would mean something to me if i thought it was non fiction. I don't.

This is the 21st century. Can someone explain how it is not radical racial supremacism too?

Besides, modern genetic studies > claims.

*Goes off "observing" time around the 8th century*
edit on 30-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Help me get this straight please.

Jerusalem was a Jewish city(?) during the times of Jesus. Or Roman but the Jews had Solomon's temple which supposedly held the ark of the covenant.

At some point the Muslims took the city by force, destroyed the temple and built the mosque(?)

Now the Muslims forbid the Jews from worshipping at the temple mount and yet nobody here decries that. The religion of peace forbids it, so it must be?

The Jews have taken steps to forbid access to the very same area it seems that they are forbidden to enter and everybody slams them.

Maybe I am missing something here. Please tell me how the Muslims have the right to forbid the Jews, or anybody for that matter, from going up to that area and why if the Jews do the same thing it is called illegal?

I can understand not allowing unfettered access to certain areas, the room that held the ark and all. It's not like our oval office is open to the public,

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

you should do a little reading up on just how much land has been stolen from we 'Red Skins'...

You are not the only Native American in this forum and don't use the term red skins it's insulting. I know how much land has been stolen but how much has been stolen lately? The Palestinians wished they were treated like the Native Americans.

and again I reiterate...this has nothing to do with nations

this is happening between Israel and Palestine that last time I checked those were nations. Israel has occupied the West Bank this is a hostile action and it will keep building until Israel gets to murder more Palestinians.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Israel has no rights banning anyone from this site. Israel's occupation in Jerusalem is illegal and the Palestinians should tell them to get the hell out and if they keep coming arrest everyone for trespassing better yet don't charge them with anything just throw them into prison like Israel does. Palestine allowed Jews to come there and pray to the wall even though by law they didn't have to but that wasn't good enough for some people like that terrorist wannabe who was shot. As a notice to the American government please strip this nutcase of his American citizenship people like him degrades Americas image abroad.

I do believe that the temple wall was there long before the dome so the Jews have more of a right to the land and where was your indignation when the Jews could not give prayers at the wall?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Maybe this will provoke ISIS to attack Israel...lol. lol.

edit on 30-10-2014 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: buster2010
Israel has no rights banning anyone from this site. Israel's occupation in Jerusalem is illegal and the Palestinians should tell them to get the hell out and if they keep coming arrest everyone for trespassing better yet don't charge them with anything just throw them into prison like Israel does. Palestine allowed Jews to come there and pray to the wall even though by law they didn't have to but that wasn't good enough for some people like that terrorist wannabe who was shot. As a notice to the American government please strip this nutcase of his American citizenship people like him degrades Americas image abroad.

I do believe that the temple wall was there long before the dome so the Jews have more of a right to the land and where was your indignation when the Jews could not give prayers at the wall?

Just because there was a building there that belonged to someone who followed their faith and was destroyed around 70AD in no way gives them a right to the land. If everyone were to follow this line of thinking then no one would have a place to live because someone else was living there before you got there. Jerusalem was an old city before the Hebrews conquered it so would they move if the people who controlled it before them were to show up? Would you give up your land if a person showed up and said my family lived here centuries ago now pack you bags and move would you?
The reason why Jews are being banned from praying there because idiots like Glick have been starting trouble there. Would you welcome people whose main purpose in being there was to start trouble?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No I would simply say hey we (Israel) took the land in a war and your not getting it back. If you want it take it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Jerusalem was a Jewish city(?) during the times of Jesus. Or Roman but the Jews had Solomon's temple which supposedly held the ark of the covenant.

It has belonged to many people over the years Jews, Romans, Christians and Muslims. Actually it belonged to the Egyptians before it belong to the Hebrews.

At some point the Muslims took the city by force, destroyed the temple and built the mosque(?)

The temple was gone long before Islam came along and it was destroyed by the Romans.

Now the Muslims forbid the Jews from worshipping at the temple mount and yet nobody here decries that. The religion of peace forbids it, so it must be?

They were allowed to pray at the wall but trouble makers like Glick messed things up for them.

The Jews have taken steps to forbid access to the very same area it seems that they are forbidden to enter and everybody slams them.

This land doesn't belong to Israel it belongs to Palestine so Israel has no right closing it to anyone.

Please tell me how the Muslims have the right to forbid the Jews, or anybody for that matter, from going up to that area and why if the Jews do the same thing it is called illegal?

Land owners have the right to ban people from their land. Would you just let anyone walk on your property?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

I'd call that strikingly uncivilized in the 21st century. Almost appalling.

Timeline rejected.

*Goes off humming Imagine Dragons, Round and Round*
edit on 30-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The temple is Israels MOST holy site and the dome Islams THIRD holy site.

What are the parallels of value to each group?

Israel > Jerusalem > Temple
Saudi Arabia > mecca > Kaaba

This fight will probably continue until Israel has all of its perceived religious home.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

They were attacked they defended themselves and drove the enemy back and took Jerusalem. The US did the same thing with Porta Rico, the Philippines and Wake Island and many more. If there are no consequences to aggression then there will be aggression. They should never of given any of the land they fought and won in the three day war.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Gets your facts right, Dome of the rock is not Al-Aqsa... Al-Aqsa is a completely different mosque which always gets mistaken for the Dome. Muslims believe Israel are trying to somehow destroy Al-Aqsa so the 3rd Temple can eventually be rebuilt.
edit on 30-10-2014 by EaglesFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

"That would mean something to me if i thought it was non fiction. I don't.

This is the 21st century. Can someone explain how it is not radical racial supremacism too?"

Hi there Not Authorized.

I do not follow, support, nor endorse any religion over another. I am simply providing facts so that we may have a supplemental understanding of the underlying catalysts of apathy, separation, inequality, hate, violence, and injustice originating from both sides.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

"Help me get this straight please.

Now the Muslims forbid the Jews from worshipping at the temple mount and yet nobody here decries that. The religion of peace forbids it, so it must be?"

Yes.

However, before Jerusalem and the Levant came under Israeli control, there, in the "Land of Milk and Honey," lived many peoples, such as the Canaanites, Phoenicians, Philistines, Edomites, and other descendants of Shem (Semites) and Eber (B'nei Eber and Hebrew).

The Israelites entered the "Promised Land" and saw to the annihilation, slaughter, and expulsion of the native Levantine people.

And then after that, your chronology follows.

The modern day Palestinians are a blended mixture of the various original Levantines, Arabs, and also, remnants of the original Israelites of the kingdoms of Judah and the North.

"Please tell me how the Muslims have the right to forbid the Jews, or anybody for that matter, from going up to that area and why if the Jews do the same thing it is called illegal?"

I can not tell you any such thing because I am personally of the opinion that all humans are intimate family to one another, and that the entire Earth is a paradise for us all to share.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Zionist regime reopens Al-Aqsa mosque compound

“This is a dangerous escalation by the authorities of the occupation and state terrorism that we can neither accept nor keep silent about,” Daoud said.

Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas called the unprecedented closure tantamount to a “declaration of war.”

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join