It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans likely to lose again in the next election of 2016.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
While the current President has certainly not been my favorite, I don't know that I'd elect a Republican for the next cycle. I was all for Ron Paul, but as many have said he was doomed from the start, even with as much momentum as he gained the past few years.

The best they could throw at us was Romney, but frankly I think most informed people knew he was going to lose. My concern with going for a Republican President is the inevitable four year backlash of "Undoing Obama-everything."

Tweak the ACA so that it's actually feasible AND still provides all American citizens with the healthcare they deserve? Nah, undo it as quick as they can: "because, Obama!"

Tackle the task of rebuilding American job industry by means of addressing the real issue: corporation profit and loopholes, and off-shore jobs? Nah, their pockets are lined too heavily by them. They won't treat it any differently than the current Administration - which tries to sound effective by pushing minimum wage instead of addressing the reason WHY there are no other jobs but minimum wage ones.

Wars or "military actions" of any kind? Yeah, we haven't NOT been in some conflict or another since before I was born 32 years ago. That's not gonna change no matter what parties' banner we're under.

Rand Paul? Sycophant shadow of his father, with none of the strength of principal and totally willing to accept being a crony shill in order to get ahead.

The list goes on. Hilary has as good a chance as anyone else, and she does have a ton of experience; but I'm getting so disillusioned with it all that it really feels like it's just an excercise to pretend we have a say in anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Your boy sounds like RP rehash..

And the guy above.. Rand is nothing like Ron.. sorry.. As soon as he went wit Romney and not his dad that is the day I stopped paying attention to him...

And from what the walls have heard.. He is just as ape sh*t as the rest of the elected officials.
edit on 10/30/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If you watched the past elections and you think your vote is anything but "illusion of choice" then you're delusional.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Well Duhh...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
if jeb bush decides to run he will be the gop fore runner.
if he run against billary he wins.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

Not actually if you read up on him. He has never been in the government. He is running because he is fed up with the big government and wants to turn america back around. You want to ask him a question the click on "your voice", and your concerns will be responded back directly from Michael himself. Have you ever had a candidate to do that before? He may not make it off the ground but at least he gives me hope.
edit on 30-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You know what they like to do with hope right? They like to squish it like a little bug and watch you cry to mommy...

I will look more into him, the tag RP rehash was a compliment... Just saying not a dig.. look at how I am defending the crap that happened to RP..

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And the guy above.. Rand is nothing like Ron.. sorry.. As soon as he went wit Romney and not his dad that is the day I stopped paying attention to him...

And from what the walls have hard.. He is just as ape sh*t as the rest of the elected officials.

Yep. As I said, he's nothing like his father; a complete waste of time to support Rand.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Yeah, its really sad and disappointing when you see what is going on and how rigged the system is and people could care less. They rather discuss sports or Hollywood gossip.

The only way I see this changing is IF individual democrats and individual republicans who can see that congress and our elected officials work for no one ,but the lobbyiest put their ideals aside TEMPORARY and join forces to :

Both Dem and Reps should solely concentrate on the following issues .
If they aren't working for you and you there is no point in discussing: racial tension, sexuality, foreign affairs, economy, healthcare, education, drugs, etc.

Before you worry about any of those symptoms you have to fix the following problems:

1. Restructure lobbying practices: use technology instead of money to get our politicians ears.

2. Place term limits in congress.

3. Presidential candidates should ONLY be allowed to receive tax payer money to run for office. No more half a billion presidential races, or advertisements on private stations. We got internet and public channels to get their messages out in equal terms versus the guy with the most money.

4.Transparency : all issues and discussion should be televised . no closed door meetings unless classified for security concerns. No reason that Obama and Comcast shouldn't have televised their meetings.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Half billion to run a campaign?.... Hmphh that's what it costs just to run an Obama website....

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You know what they like to do with hope right? They like to squish it like a little bug and watch you cry to mommy...

I will look more into him, the tag RP rehash was a compliment... Just saying not a dig.. look at how I am defending the crap that happened to RP..

Apologies, I did not mean to sound defensive because I am not. I think we are all sick and tired of the same old BS. Do we vote for Satan or the devil? It is a no win situation for us and Americans is losing hope fast. I have been reading down through everything and I too wanted Ron Paul.

Personally I would love to fire everyone at the whitehouse, wipe the slate clean, and start all over.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality

Wishful thinking. No way Hillary will win the popular vote. We will see fake-outs like this from now until the elections. Its just part of the playbook.

I think you got me all wrong. There is no way that I want Hillary just like I didn't wan't OBAMA or Romney, because they are corporate owned goons. Cruz appears the same to me because he has voted on issues that goes against some basic premise of the republican party: State rights, and ensuring a free market.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I definately agree with you..

But you do know RP got all his money through donations from people like us.. typical working joes...

He broke records in a day of how much he made because of people like us..

He was also the only one who finished the election cycle without owing someone money..

I agree but if it is private donations like say from people I say that should be allowed.... But meh last I heard a corporation was a person...

I wanted to add here..interupt42 this is one of those subject that piss me off to no end.. exactly like you said.. American Idol anyone..

I say the only real change in the US will come if they take away football, beer, and American Idol.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
If you watched the past elections and you think your vote is anything but "illusion of choice" then you're delusional.

Excellent statement

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I said...once again...that she would pick up many votes from people who do indeed just want to vote to be part of the group that votes her in as first female president....regardless of her history...

i didnt say she wasnt qualified or is only running because she is a woman...most of these races are very close...lets say for fun...50% of the vote would normally go to here...add that she may pick up the specific type of voters im talking about and now it could be 52% ...this is what i mean...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The American people will lose again in the next 2016 election.

But who knows, maybe some good ol' Republican can get in there again and let a terrorist attack happen on American soil, mislead us into a false war and tank the economy. The good ol days before Obama ruined everything.

Presidential elections are nothing more than a tag-team match against the American people.

edit on 30-10-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

oh she certainly is no stranger to politics and people still love the # out of bill who im sure will be campaigning with her...hillary probably will be the next president...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I know, I donated to his campaign several times where I had never donated to any one before or after.

In regards to using public money for campaigning versus private fund raisers:

Note: I don't have all the angles worked out but my point is we should be discussing how to fix the blatant things that is DEMANDING that our politicians become owned by the highest bidder in order to survive.

Doing away with the need for campaign contributions is a method to close one of the doors to bribery.

of the top of my head I envision a system where :
1. A candidate registers to run for election in a gov't ( tax payer owned) web site or local gov't facility.

2. The individuals all get allocated a certain amount of space on gov't web servers to upload their stance on issues, voting records if applicable, videos, and applicable media information. Computer access and assistance will be provided in local gov't facilities for those that don't have access. In addition, each of the candidates will get a dedicated x hours of tv time on public controlled stations like CSPAN.

3. Then we use some method to determine the top x amount of candidates. Candidates with the most confirmed votes gets to go to the next round. voting stations ,assistance will be provided.

4. Then the top candidates get equal time on public controlled stations like CSPAN and all their debates will be held on public stations with random questions from the public, highly ranked questions, and how are they going to ensure that gov't doesn't just listen to the highest bidder.

Basically we use technology paid for and maintained by tax payers to due away with the need for private $ponsorship.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: Nechash

I said...once again...that she would pick up many votes from people who do indeed just want to vote to be part of the group that votes her in as first female president....regardless of her history...

i didnt say she wasnt qualified or is only running because she is a woman...most of these races are very close...lets say for fun...50% of the vote would normally go to here...add that she may pick up the specific type of voters im talking about and now it could be 52% ...this is what i mean...

Also, if that isn't one of the biggest gags in these elections... How are these races so close all the time??? They make it sound like all these past elections have been won by a swing vote! Still buying this whole election thing?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The system can always be corrupted though..

That line he who votes bla bla, he who counts the votes bla bla..

All systems are able to be corrupted.. We need to find honest people..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join