It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple shining mothership seen over Friesland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

The purple colour could be explained by natural phenomena, but the white orbs seen darting into and out of the purple cloud at the same time?

That's not so easy to explain away, although i'm sure ball lightning will be a candidate.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

The purple colour could be explained by natural phenomena, but the white orbs seen darting into and out of the purple cloud at the same time?

That's not so easy to explain away, although i'm sure ball lightning will be a candidate.

If you read the thread you'd find they were both explained in great detail with no reference to ball lightning whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Trying reading the thread first

The number of white objects matches the number of overexposed lights.

edit on 3-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

well when theres a cme and it reaches england
the sky looks purple so thats why i said what i said

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: maryhinge

That was my first guess as well, but the person who lives there set me straight.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: maryhinge

If the Northern Lights were seen as far south as Holland we would have saw them in the UK as well !

They are just as likely to be green, red or blue and usually look like a veil hanging from the sky and not like the picture in the OP.

Northern Lights

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Northern Lights
edit on 16-11-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Northern Lights

Hey dark use a decent sized version

Northern Lights

and you see it's NOTHING like the OP apart from colour!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
Hey dark use a decent sized version

and you see it's NOTHING like the OP apart from colour!!!

Gimme a break... I'm on an ancient iPhone.

Plenty of other high res examples of purple aurarae that look "nothing" like the purple lights in the OP. We agree that's not what it was, but let's not pretend that there is "no" similarity. It's unnecessarily defensive. I've seen the results of a solar flare look like the pic in the OP myself, which is why I suggested it.
edit on 16-11-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Picture size depends on link found and used not what is used to post it.

Like I said had the Northern Lights been as bright as that as far South as Holland the net would have been overloaded with posts about it.

Also being from Scotland and very often in the north of the country the Nothern Lights have always looked like a veil of vertical shafts of light appearing to hang from the sky not a big purple blob of cloud!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Picture size depends on link found and used not what is used to post it.

Like I said had the Northern Lights been as bright as that as far South as Holland the net would have been overloaded with posts about it.

Also being from Scotland and very often in the north of the country the Nothern Lights have always looked like a veil of vertical shafts of light appearing to hang from the sky not a big purple blob of cloud!

When I saw it it looked like a rising purple mist on the horizon, which later turned green, then to white shimmering curtains over the course of a couple days. It was purple/pink in Chicago, something I don't recall ever seeing. Green/silver in Minnesota 2 days later. The OP photo looked like it did in Chicago that day. The follow up photo showing the source of the light cleared things up, though.

It took me like fifteen minutes to post that photo on this stupid phone, and forget trying to edit long posts. I need an upgrade.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you need an upgrade DUMP the iphone, Apple is style over substance the last couple of iphones have been a joke between one problem or another, charging cables, batteries etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Loooks to me like the camera sensor has been tampered with and/or malfunctioned. White balance was set to 'daylight' and thus the colors are misrepresented.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join