It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism or profiling

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The system didn't oppress or fail you for generations, your lineage failed you, there is a difference, you had choice. Either way we are stuck with this issue and the people in charge don't seem to be interested in fixing it, it seems they are more interested in maintaining it or causing rifts between races whenever they can. There is no fixing of this issue unless we get together and try to increase the standard of living of everybody, people who have don't go around committing petty monetary crimes MUCH.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
We don't have an official identity.

Some people hate me for talking proper
Some people hate me for being "too smart"
Some people hate me for having nicer clothes.
Hell, my dad resents me for who I date

I was a smart kid in a sh*** neighborhood. Single parent home (dad incarcerated). We forged mail so I could go to predominantly white schools. I was smarter than all the white kids and the teachers liked me (always had to lie about parental situation when they asked). Unfortunately I was lonely because I did not fit into any category. I think there was 1 smart black kid when I got to middle school. I had to dumb myself down to be like other black kids; teachers would notice and reprimand me. I chose not to listen or take opportunity to advance my learning. Well anyway I skipped a grade and graduated early. It wasn't beneficial though because, I was young and by isolating myself in school I had no identity. I had a few boxes of college mail but nobody I personally knew had.ever been to one so I had.nobody to ask questions. I got into drugs then alcohol (nothing serious) in college. It ended up in me being a felon before 21. I don't blame my ineptitude on anyone but myself.

I'll be honest though, people made racial jokes all through school (nothing physical) even the teachers called me a couple names.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Some kid walking down the street the street is stopped and hassled for nothing but being a certain color, and they are trying to say it is OK...because certain people of that color are criminals.

Funny how the same people talking about this are the same ones usually complaining about rights being taken away.

So the rights of minorities don't matter..but interfere with a white man and his right...then all hell shall break loose.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Also they say that a lot of these videos showing no compliance...why the hell should they comply to orders if they have done nothing wrong.

What makes it any different than videos of the cops hassling white people and you people cheering on the white people because they did not comply.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm black and I completely agree with you. It is not 'racist' to profile based on race.

Racism simply means that you feel a particular race is either superior or inferior to another, based on a number of reasons. Actually, I don't even see that in itself to be 'evil'/ "Discrimination", on the other hand, is when there is action behind the racist thoughts. For example, not hiring a person, omitting an application, or causing physical harm to an individual based on your sentiments is when it becomes 'wrong'.

Yes. I also agree with you that it is absolutely logical to see why other races see blacks as 'likely: criminal, especially young black males. They commit over half of the violent crimes in the nation, yet the black population alone is only about 12% of the nation.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The hard truth is this:

Black males are "disproportionately " filling the prison systems because they are "disproportionately" committing the crimes.

It is considered to be "disproportionate" if you are only 12% of the population, yet you commit over half of the country's violent crimes.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

Its actually not poverty and low education that causes criminal behavior, even though they are factors.

The root cause is a criminal culture. Blacks overwhelmingly glorify "thug-culture", promiscuity, and violence. Look at the prison systems, the out-of birth wedlocks, and cemetaries.

People point the finger at poverty because its a low-hanging fruit. However, this does not explain poor immigrants who come to America with no high rate of crime, violence, or out of wedlock births. Also, you only need to look no further than the children of the Appalachian mountains. They are deeply impoverished; no child support system, no welfare, and no free iphones.

Yet, they do not engage in criminal, violence, or promiscuity at the rate of blacks.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

But,

Most people in the "oppressed" ( imagined oppression) situations continue to vote for the party of their oppressors.

You cannot deny that blacks vote at least 95-98% for the Democratic Party; party of their oppressors during the slavery era.

You are correct that you are in bondage, but it is a bondage of your own choosing.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chishuppu

Absolutely correct.

Historically, blacks were overwhelmingly conservative and voted Republican during Reconstruction up to the 1950's.

During this time, blacks:

lead the nation in 2 parent homes and marriage higher than their white counter-parts.
did not glorify violence
lead a protestant work-ethic
excelled in education
excelled in entrepreneurship
crime was much lower than ratio to other races
Voted Republican

During the 1960's, after black women joined ranks with the feminism movement, blacks:

lead the nation in out of wedlock births
single parent homes
low education
glorifying a thug culture
overwhelmingly lead life of dependency (food stamps and welfare)
Vote Democrat

It is the new acceptance of liberal policies (since the 1960's) that have blacks in the state that WE are in.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Fact that is for LE do there job right they need to profile as certain groups are a higher risk for crime/terrorism/illegal immigration.

Playing PC might look like good PR but it makes them inefficient.

Example I saw was at JFK airport. I was on a plane from the UK at the same time a flight from China and another from some African country had come in. The Chinese passengers walked through immigration so did the Africans but for some reason all us Brits were put under heavy scrutiny with me being held up for 30 minutes for extra questioning (None I saw from the China or African flights were) . Now tell me who is going to be the high risk for illegal immigration? Well the Africans and Chinese will be so why were they not put under the same scrutiny at immigration? Im going to wager illegal immigration from the UK is very very very rare! But from African and China?

Another example was in mu own country when I flew out of the UK. Me and my friend were stopped at airport security, had to have our bags searched and were put under heavy scrutiny and even had to be swamped for explosives, we are both white, middle class Brits and so it seemed were the dozen other people picked out for extra scrutiny. Meanwhile those of ME decent were allowed to just walk through with a simple scan. Now again who is going to be a terrorist? A white middle class brit? Or someone with a ME background? Now last time I checked white Brits dont go round blowing planes up......
edit on 30-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join