It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphic Video Released in “Firing Squad” Style Police Killing of Milton Hall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
you guys gotta stop using the 21 foot rule as an excuse. It doesn't apply to this situation. They already had their guns out and a bead on the guy.

Taser would have worked just fine. So you have to walk up to 15 feet of the guy. Seems to work for actual professional cops around the world in much more dangerous situations. I swear cops in America are turning into (well insert word here of your choosing)

There's no real excuse for this situation.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

that happened after the first shot.

No, the series of events started when Mr. Milton's family failed to get him the mental help he needed.

It continued when Mr. Milton walked out the front door of wherever he resides armed with a knife and a mental disorder.

It continued when he got into the altercation at the store where he refused to pay for coffee and spit on people.

It continued when he was confronted by the police and he decided to display said knife, take an aggressive stance and threaten the officer.

It ended when he took a few steps in the direction of the officers to the left of the screen and the police shot him for it.

The video clearly shows the guy started to walk towards the officers on the left before they shot. Do not go by the audio because it clearly says at the bottom of the screen that the audio is taken from a separate source and it cannot be relied upon to match up with the video.

Look at the man's actions. He takes one or two steps towards the officers on the left and they shoot.

Like the rounds fired after he fell and continued even though he was immobile.

Again, it takes a fraction of a second for the brain to realize he is no longer a threat and tell the body to stop shooting him. As you know, a person can fire one or two times in a fraction of a second. Multiply that by eight people.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: areyouserious2010

Execution, pure and simple... bunch of idiots with a badge.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: junglimogli

There is no excuse..plain and simple .. the criminal cops are out of control in America ..

How do you excuse the actions of the person that was shot? How can you completely disregard those actions and find complete fault in the actions of the police?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: areyouserious2010
a reply to: junglimogli

There is no excuse..plain and simple .. the criminal cops are out of control in America ..

How do you excuse the actions of the person that was shot? How can you completely disregard those actions and find complete fault in the actions of the police?

There is no excuses for what he did.

However only one of the parties involved had a mental disability.

And I'm not referring to Milton...

EDIT: Where in the hell are all of the net launching guns? Only in movies???
edit on 10/29/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Every cop there unloaded their weapon into this guy.

Two officers did not fire their weapons. Find an unbiased source and read up.

"Excessive force" doesn't even come close to what this is.

You are correct. This is not excessive force. It is no where near excessive force.

Excessive or brutal force is basically defined as inappropriate in scope or duration.

The guy was armed with a knife.

The officers challenged him and ordered him to drop the knife.

He refused and took a few steps towards the officers.

Do you think he took a few steps towards them to give one a handshake?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Listen, your argument might hold water if it was one or two cops. All of those idiots are standing there with guns drawn itching to shoot this guy. They even held the dog back. They all knew what was coming next and they did NOTHING to defuse the situation.

I am tired of all the cop apologists.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No, the series of events started when Mr. Milton's family failed to get him the mental help he needed.

There you go folks.

Cops are absolved of all responsibility.

Every time.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Again, it takes a fraction of a second for the brain to realize he is no longer a threat and tell the body to stop shooting him.

I have watched the video repeatedly.

There were many shots fired after he was down.

The shots continued for longer than a fraction of a second after he was immobile.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You are still blowing off the fact that the officers had their guns out of their holsters and aimed at the individual that supposedly had them in fear of their lives or safety.

You are still blowing off the fact that a knife is still a deadly weapon.

Holstered or unholstered, the 21 foot rule gives an empirical zone that demonstrates the dire circumstance one is found in if someone is within 21 feet and is trying to harm you with a knife.

Here is the wikipedia article on it. Bolding added for emphasis.

Mythbusters covered the drill in the 2012 episode "Duel Dilemmas". At 20 feet the gun wielder was able to shoot the charging knife attacker just as he reached the shooter. At shorter distances the knife wielder was always able to stab prior to being shot.

Yes, at 20 feet the person is able to shoot the knife attacker just as he reached the shooter.

What if the shot does not incapacitate the knife attacker? Then the knife attacker would be able to continue his attack and cause serious injury or death to the officer.

What if the officer misses under the extremely stressful conditions he is presented with? The knife attacker would be able to continue his attack and cause serious injury or death to the officer.

At shorter distances the knife wielder was always able to stab prior to being shot. The knife attacker would be able to cause serious injury or death to the officer.

The 21 foot rule just showed empirical evidence that a knife wielding attacker within 21 feet is a clear and imminent threat to a person armed with a handgun.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

They might get out of breath reloading.

Better safe than tired right?

I have never called the police this in my life but I am now.

PIGS!

And damn it where are the net launching guns yall???

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I saw excessive use of force, but I believe there were two officers that did not fire their weapons. I am not certain of that, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that, after watching the video repeatedly.

CNN

Six of the eight police officers opened fire, Saginaw County Prosecutor Mike Thomas said earlier this month.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If you're actually defending or justifying the actions of these scum...pure murdering scum, then you have mental issues.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyouserious2010

I saw excessive use of force, but I believe there were two officers that did not fire their weapons. I am not certain of that, but I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that, after watching the video repeatedly.

CNN

Six of the eight police officers opened fire, Saginaw County Prosecutor Mike Thomas said earlier this month.

Thanks for the verification.
I didn't think my eyes were deceiving me.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Cowards. So much for the feds caring about anything but big business and war. Free pass, next victim please.

Actually, the Civil Rights Division, under President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder, is currently stacked with lawyers who seem to be willing and eager to prosecute cops at the slightest hint of impropriety.

Link

In fact, Holder proudly told a civil rights convention in April, the division had filed a record number of charges against local police in the previous three years. Hate-crimes prosecutions against police, which had declined under Bush, were also at record levels, Holder said.

The Obama administration is also more likely than others to take police departments to court on claims of systematic discrimination or excessive force. Justice Department settlements have required changes in police practices in Seattle, New Orleans and Puerto Rico, among others, and the department is suing Arizona's Maricopa County and its hard-line sheriff, Joe Arpaio, for alleged bias against Latinos.

It seems the only thing holding the Civil Rights Division back from condemning every cop in the nation is a matter of not enough evidence or they haven't broken the law.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What if the officer misses under the extremely stressful conditions he is presented with?

What if?
Seems like he probably would miss.... with the shooting that we have seen in the video.
As far as shooting under stress, I have been there and done that.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

im sorry but if 4+ cops and a dog cant restraint one man with a knife they need to find another kind of work...
edit on 29-10-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Isn't one cop shooting him enough? Yeah, I know, all of them want in on the action.

If each individual officer perceives a threat that requires a deadly force response, each individual officer is allowed to use deadly force.

If every cop in this situation figured, "I don't have to shoot the next cop will," valuable moments are lost which result in serious injury or death.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Actually, the Civil Rights Division, under President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder, is currently stacked with lawyers who seem to be willing and eager to prosecute cops at the slightest hint of impropriety.

Willing and doing are different things. Lip service to appease those who believe in words alone.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What a joke. The cops had plenty of time to talk and make a plan. One or maybe two take the roll of shooting if necessary.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join