It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think if I were a woman I would just want to stay inside.

I'm always embarrassed by other dudes that think this kind of stuff works, or that they're giving a compliment. If you want to approach a woman use a little tact and be polite.

For the most part nobody really seemed all that aggressive, except for the guys that walked with her. That's sketchy crap.

Women of ATS do you get this kind of crap regularly? I figure NY is very different than most places with people being loud, obnoxious and rude.

I take it as a compliment, but I'm not worried a woman is going to follow me home and rape me, or punch me in the face for ignoring their advances. It's also not a daily or hourly occurrence. I did quit going to one grocery store where a checker would constantly weird me out. It's nice being a guy.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
All I can say is...Daaayuuum that bitch is hot!

/sarc or was it?
edit on 28-10-2014 by nrd101 because: Like a Mike Tyson Cartoon

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

On opening the thread i was really hoping that you had done this yourself.

Disappointified.

But you can make it better.

Do it, do it, do it.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't think they were all after her. Some were just saying, "How are you this morning?", "Have a nice evening.", "Hello, good morning.", "How ya doing?"...

I wouldn't acknowledge some of those of guys, but some I would at least have said hello or good morning and kept going on my way.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Didn't they mostly just say "Hi"?

Or " Have a nice day"?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Heh. I thought about changing the title because of that. It is also the reason I didn't.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I don't think they were all after her. Some were just saying, "How are you this morning?", "Have a nice evening.", "Hello, good morning.", "How ya doing?"...

I wouldn't acknowledge some of those of guys, but some I would at least have said hello or good morning and kept going on my way.

Actually, me too.

Man, we've become jaded.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Are there no woman in NY? Must be like one of those nudist places all men go to see woman but only men goes.

As someone that never have seen something like that ever I feel it's staged, the woman was not particularly stunning.

Won't fit in my mind those men are so needy. The one that followed around must be stoned.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Another bored hipster transplant. She's hot, she's wearing clothes that accent her curves and gets compliments non-stop. Yeah I'd kill myself if I were her.

As for people being loud, obnoxious and rude - with your sensitive, caring, sweet guy attitude, you might as well stay inside, male or female. Rude enough?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's a little different than friendly backwood townsfolk.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

As for people being loud, obnoxious and rude - with your sensitive, caring, sweet guy attitude, you might as well stay inside, male or female. Rude enough?

HA! That's a first.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Living in Brooklyn with my gf people are pretty respectful for the most part. She's had her butt grabbed, guys have asked her to pose for photographs, photographers at the Mermaid Parade ask her out....all in all sadly what women have to go through these days.

I love when people go "Why don't you come home with me?" she just calmly replies "I already have a home and a man."

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Some of the interactions were inappropriate, some were not. If "Hollaback" can't tell the difference and is irresponsible enough to call all these interactions "harassment" and post it on a national stage, then they don't have my support at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

They wouldn't have my support anyway.

Just thought the video was interesting and I know that ex girlfriends, girlfriend and female friends get a lot of this stuff. And that's Seattle are with the infamous "freeze".

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think she is over reacting a bit, and really would it hurt to smile and be polite and say hello back she doesnt have to have a conversation with them but not saying anything at all is extremely rude to the ones that were simply just saying hello or have a good day/ evening, she comes across as a drama queen to me.
Or maybe its just different here in Aus but if someone says hello it doesnt mean they want to get you in bed it just means hello..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time.
Women undressing me with their eyes, it's creepy.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm curious as to how "hollaback" plans on eliminating street harassment. So let's say someone does donate to them and they have all this money, then what?? How much more can you do other than increase awareness of it and say that it's bad??

As if anyone alive today doesn't know about it already and that it's often inappropriate. How much money do they really need to spread a message that everyone already knows about??

There is no amount of donation money that will ever be able to eliminate it either. Or am I missing some kind of grand plan they have to accomplish their goals that just requires some more money???

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb If "Hollaback" can't tell the difference and is irresponsible enough to call all these interactions "harassment" and post it on a national stage, then they don't have my support at all.

Yep. That part annoys me.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This woman is surprised by hoots and hollers from dudes hanging out on the side walk?

Guess what lady, your're an animal in the animal kingdom. The male human is going to get your attention, that is normal.

Try doing the same video, but do it in a high class restaurant and see how many hoots and hollers you get. You look ok, nothing to hoot over though.

edit on 28-10-2014 by illusion987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: illusion987
This woman is surprised by hoots and hollers from dudes hanging out on the side walk?

Guess what lady, your're an animal in the animal kingdom. The male human is going to get your attention, that is normal.

Try doing the same video, but do it in a high class restaurant and see how many hoots and hollers you get. You look ok, nothing to hoot over though.

JUST because a woman is good looking is HARDLY any REASON to behave like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join