It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative dad threatens ‘****storm’ if daughter’s world history class includes Islam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just skimmed the article but didn't see anywhere that he claimed to be a Conservative.
Maybe he is a liberal that just hates everything.
edit on 10ffWednesday01201410America/Chicago by nfflhome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
I just skimmed the article but didn't see anywhere that he claimed to be a Conservative.
Guess you just threw that in for the spin.

Agree that that part of the headline was not necessary and more than likely pulled out of someone's nether regions.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nfflhome

I guess its one of those categorizations....

“I told her straight up ‘you could take that Muslim-loving piece of paper and shove it up your white [expletive],” Wood said on Monday. “If [students] can’t practice Christianity in school, they should not be allowed to practice Islam in school.”

Its like who is most likly to say that above lines? A liberal or a Conservative?

Uneducated person? Someone who hates the educational system? Someone who is overly fond of christianity that he doesn't know what world history is? Hates Muslim?

You can find them in any platform... but people already assumed one for him.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome

Well the raw story had to set the tangent somewhere didn't they?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

To be honest, just because it is likely that he is a brainwashed Foxnews watching Conservative doesn't mean that it is right to assume that about him without any evidence to back it up. His words and actions are just circumstantial evidence.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
well all im going to say is that one race just learned to not hang another in trees less than a generation ago, so this type of behavior is typical of that race and tolerance of other races is a new never tried project.
edit on 29-10-2014 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: olaru12

Um...yeah. Just because the history is categorized under "Islam" doesn't mean that they're studying the religion.

Nod, nod. Wink, wink.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: olaru12

Stupid

The class is "world History"

So no # Sherlock its going to include Islam

If the course only focused on Islam or had a pro Islam slant then id get the anger but just for covering it?

Agreed. I think that is probably what the father is worried about. There have been several Pro-Muslim school controversies as of late, and I would be on my guard as well, the one that pops into my mind is a class that goes into Muhammmeds supposed personal views. "Muhammed never wanted to change the world, he only wanted to be passionate about his religion" or some other such nonsense.

I think all the religions need to be covered, but also all of their attrocities. You can be damned sure they are going to talk about the Crusades the slave trade and formation of Israel today (including the alleged attacks against the Muslims, but I for damn sure don't remember them talking about The Muslim Conquests with the same zeal The Crusades covered. I also don't remmebr them talking about The Barbary slave tade at all, nor their pillaging in Italy and as far up as freaking Ireland where countless Europeans were forcefully taken by Muslims. Whereas in Africa the Europeans traded slaves with Black African slavers. In my schools defense, I think there was a sentence or two that talked about how it was rich Africans who sold fellow Africans to Europe but the overalll theme is Europe was racist conquerors.

I could go on but I think I have explained my point. This Marine needs to calm down, I'm a Marine myself and I have no particular love for the rag heads who tried to kill me on my deployments, but that doesn't mean I don't want my children to learn about them. I only want them to learn about Islam the way they hear about Christianity and Judaism, whatever that tone May be.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: babybunnies

Actually Islam is not a religion, is the set of laws that the muslim world abide by in their faith, Islam is a law

So which is it, in your opinion,

A set of laws

or

A law?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join