It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mechanical object spotted on Mars Sol 790

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Good one. Sort of looks like an old electric motor.

Strange, i was thinking how much it looked like a car alternator.

Me too!

Great minds...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Scaleyback

I think you refer to this one ...

Hard to see also when zoomed in,can't really say .If the distant object gonna obscure the pixels of its real form I mostly walk away from it.

But considering form within the field of view of the rubble you can sometimes cut out objects that give the idea that it could be some artificial objects like this one.

edit on 0b27America/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 17:24:27 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 17:24:27 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Just wanted to clear up that Astroengineer was the guy telling about FTL communication on a hidden channel with Mars/ JPL... not "He Who Shall Not Be Named" of the Black triangle/recovered tech from human prehistory "fame."

ETA and as far as the subject at hand, that IS a peculiar rock, and cool that it's been noted... but until we get a close up, it remains a peculiar rock...

edit on 10/28/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

This is the object put through some software to try make out the edges and shapes.

Im quite impressed by the pics. They almost remind me of a large pouring jug (minus the handle or it may be on the other side). The curves at the top and bottom flow so well. Im not going to give my conclusion as I find it hinders peoples own decisions, so theres the pics and make up your own mind.

The important thing here is not what the pictures are of, but that the pictures are being flagged up. The fact that more people are looking to bring to light what many people feel is right is the main point here.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Looks like a wine barrel to me. Maybe the last beings who resided on Mars partied before they were wiped off the planet. Not a bad way to go out, I would do the same thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

So somewhere ions back then... It could be looking like this

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If you zoom in and rotate it 90 degrees counter clockwise it looks like a little martian wrapped up in blanket up to his/her eyes.

Or, more likely, it's a rock.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Nice job. Gives it a lil more to go on, instead of a cylinder motor type shape now it looks more like pottery.

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: signalfire

I do think that they occasionally give us something to play with ..👾

Exactly and why go through all the trouble to conceal it when it will likely be dismissed as rock anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

FYI, here is the object of interest taken from same position, using the Right Navigation Camera:

***Focus is on object/s of interest.

View in new window: files.abovetopsecret.com...

Source: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Not great monochrome images, buts help put context into things.

edit on 29-10-2014 by Blister because: amend hyperlink

edit on 29-10-2014 by Blister because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2014 by Blister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Nice find Observer1
lets call it a Arkenite object
s&f

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Its a barrel of monkeys--Martian monkeys!

2nd

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Bat Mobile lost a wheel ?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yes I will agree with this one.
it is not a natural thing!

um! some probes ware sent to mars
and we did not see them again.
one could have crash't hard.
and this could be a part of it.

but with so much Junk on mars.
I think its a alien scrap yard.
if it was That old.
it would be buried.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Yeah you could say that its just that type of objects that Arken would pick and smack it in our faces lol

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: Scaleyback
I'm more curious if this object has something to do with that other object , this thing looks more like a hatch but I'm not totally convinced that it is?

Yes, i was wondering if that 'superman badge' shaped object had broken off the barrel shaped thing too.

I could imagine the main object slamming down and bits breaking off it, and wondered if the 'superbadge' was attached to one of the ends at one time.

Tried to see if there was another similar panel still attached to one of the ends, like a cover plate of sorts, but can't make one out...but it still may well have come off the main object.

Thinking about these objects being debris from previous missions (failed or not), i'm thinking that it would have to be an extraordinarily lucky thing...Mars is a big place, and the missions sent there are relatively few and far between, literally like finding a needle in a 100 haystacks i reckon...not impossible i suppose, but quite unlikely.

It IS possible that these two objects are pieces from the original MSL rocket landing platform...the platform lowered Curiosity down to the surface then shot off away from the landing zone to avoid damaging Curiosity when the platform ran out of fuel and crashed down...is it possible this is a piece or component of that MSL rocket platform?

edit on 29-10-2014 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Are you really asking the OP if it is as tall as a building? Maybe you should consider discussing a more "simple" thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
nasa

Martians do some precision work.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

is it possible this is a piece or component of that MSL rocket platform? 

the only way to know is that you find a blueprint of rocket and see if it resembles one of the components.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I've seen these kind of structures allot there . And got me boggled many times. But I never dare to discuss those objects here because of the ignorance people have about these things only when it depicts such an obvious formation that it can't be denied.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is the raw image enlarged.

The uniformity of the sides of the object is clearly a result of pixilation, thus the straight line on the right is unnaturally straight in comparison to the available resolution. You can clearly see the "squares" where the camera estimated the color in clean "square-sized" bytes and then colored the uniform square with the averaged color. In reality this is likely a round rock.

edit on 29-10-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join