It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday On Election In Ontario Voters Were Threaten & There Were more candidates for Mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yesterday On Election In Ontario Voters Were Threaten & There Were more candidates for Mayor

While i was watching the news before the vote had started early in the morning i noticed the talking heads on the news stating that if you dont vote on election night.

You will lose all of your rights to either the Pension rights and financial aid services if either you or your family members dont vote or dont want to vote.For a student if you dont vote you will lose marks or at least thats what i heard. Personally thats over the line if you ask me on this issue.

In Toronto There Were 65 More Mayoral Candidates
In the Toronto race for mayor there were at least 65 More Mayoral Candidates which never given air time nor chances at a debate, one of those candidates appeared on CBC he claimed that he would be given a chance at one of the debates.

Apparently they never promised that candidate chance. Here's just a short sided reminder.

More than 1.6 million people are eligible to vote. In 2010, the turnout was 43.65%. Ward 3 had the best turnout with a rate of 58.94%. In total, there are 65 candidates running for mayor. Eighty-five others dropped out over the course of the race.

Only one of the candidates had complained but once the debates were over with he was taken out by the news as if the candidate never had existed nor his name or his platform.

What does this say about the western election process? it says that the elites already knew whom was going to be a winner so why bother giving the 65 candidates whom were even running before the election a chance? Why would they bother to hear other candidates or there platforms?

This shows just how the election system in a whole is a shame.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It sounds like our system down here. The great white north is too much like the States now.

When I lived near Detroit, I watched CBC channel 9 and a few others on UHF, and I could tell the difference as a kid. Your broadcasts had a conservative hometown feel and the public service messages were environmental. Yet there was a liberalism there too as we could see models wearing bras before they allowed that on our TV in the States. I'm not sure whats going on with Canadian TV for almost the past 20 years, but the news reports lately are portraying a Canada I'm not familiar with.

ETA: I can't forget to add Canadian radio, like CKLW. We lived on that station.
edit on 28-10-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added comment

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

We had two conservative candidates, i feel as if Toronto is heading in a bad direction and this John Tory person didn't even win a seat at the parliament election.

Some of the polices this guy has scare me.

For Americans wondering no having an conservative run your city or senate or nation is not a smart decision.

I'm not sure whats going on with Canadian TV for almost the past 20 years, but the news reports lately are portraying a Canada I'm not familiar with.

Apparently this idiotic bush boy fan of a prime minster and the CRTV are forcing Canadians to switch and watch Canadian only broadcasting shows.

The great white north is too much like the States now.
You have no idea. People are starting to be quite rude and racist towards anyone even if your white.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Do they have a compulsory voting law in Canada? They do in Australia and they're talking about inflicting the same type law on US Americans.

In my opinion, compulsory voting is sort of a last gasp effort by the Elites in power to legitimize the governments that are elected. Once a country gets to the point where less than 50% of the eligible voters vote, the legitimacy of whatever government is elected becomes suspect and can't claim a mandate to do much of anything. This is a growing problem in old line Western Democracies because the rigging of the game has become all to obvious and the quality of the candidates sinks to newer lows with each election cycle.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Do they have a compulsory voting law in Canada

Nope.
Here's the debate on that.
Source

Oh and peoples votes were thrown into a fax type machine and thats it. They just ask you to leave and thats it. Which rises even more questions.

new topics

top topics

join